Jump to content

Don't immerse yourself in your UI. It's beautiful!


Recommended Posts

What's the use of beauty?? Even if I'm used to the new interface, it's cumbersome, complex and cumbersome to use. It requires user configuration, and then I have to take off and switch the configuration every time, such as taking off my pants and farting, and then taking off my clothes and farting. In order to cover up the complex usability, another piece of shame cloth? Look at that mod, to have old tabs back. Why did someone make this mod? Why do many people subscribe to mod? Because your new UI is difficult to use!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

the mod referred to

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2786127486

it is a server mod however

 

also, craft tweak mod is client side, but offers less things

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2784074596&searchtext=

That's what I figured.

So two mods have -- if we very generously assume they're each unique -- a combined 9k-ish subscribers, and OP thinks this is evidence that a system replacement meant not just to improve the end-user experience (which for a great many people it has) but also to meet development needs is in need of being overturned?

Combined Status has 5.2 million subscribers.

Please expend this wasted energy on something more fruitful, like just... getting used to the new UI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Combined Status has 5.2 million subscribers

To be fair you can't compare combined status since that one is much older.

Out of the recent mods released, these two mods from Godless are quite popular indeed in their respective charts.

 

People just hate change. It is normal. It takes effort to change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

To be fair you can't compare combined status since that one is much older.

Out of the recent mods released, these two mods from Godless are quite popular indeed in their respective charts.

I don't want to be fair, I want to be superior!

No, you're right. Still, I don't feel like those numbers are any more indicative of a major functional and practical change needing to be reverted than the Petey Parrot's 6.5k subscribers being a clear sign we need more playable tropical birds in the character roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Change is possible, but the change of anti human habits is stupid. First, it completely overturns the old UI and makes all users have to start learning from 0. A game update increases a lot of unnecessary learning costs, which itself is a stupid thing. Moreover, I think at least he should try to optimize the old UI, because the old UI only needs to add one more column to meet the needs. Why do he have to do it again? And sort and classify items, add top and collection options for items, and reduce the complicated configuration of the new UI. Isn't that much better? Second, after all, this is an online game, a survival game. Such a large UI blocks the screen and requires a penalty station. Compared with the past, it is a habit, and it is more time-consuming to find and make. Multiplayer games do not automatically pause. Third, the way to solve the problem is not to solve the people who find the problem, because they are innocent and should focus on the problem itself. If you really want to solve the people, should you solve the people who make the problem? Therefore, it is the stupidest way to let old players completely abandon their old habits, especially the most basic habits of this game, such as eating and drinking water. Suddenly, others force you to use a spoon before a fork for eating, and a straw for drinking water. Do you think you'll be happy? Even if you eat your favorite food, you will certainly affect the final game experience because of the unhappiness in the middle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

I don't want to be fair, I want to be superior!

No, you're right. Still, I don't feel like those numbers are any more indicative of a major functional and practical change needing to be reverted than the Petey Parrot's 6.5k subscribers being a clear sign we need more playable tropical birds in the character roster.

I feel the mod just needs more advertisement. I know I advertise it when I stream because I don't like what klei made. 
and if others don't like it either at least they can find it  in as many places they can.

i sometimes see it being spoken on the  steam forums and of course here. But i have not really seen it anywhere else

Also 9 k is not that bad compared to how many players tend to play. Granted there no way to tell how many play have the mod.
but majority of the players are certainly in eastern countries since the top amount of players always happen at around the very early mornings for the Americas 3-9 am Central time.
i doubt any one here is playing at those times

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's...a little surprising, actually. 9000 people who are both aware of those mods existence and have enough of a problem with the new UI to actually use them, in this amount of time.
Means a visible section of the playerbase is unhappy enough to go out of their way to do something about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

I feel the mod just needs more advertisement. I know I advertise it when I stream because I don't like what klei made. 
and if others don't like it either at least they can find it  in as many places they can.

i sometimes see it being spoken on the  steam forums and of course here. But i have not really seen it anywhere else

Also 9 k is not that bad compared to how many players tend to play. Granted there no way to tell how many play have the mod.
but majority of the players are certainly in eastern countries since the top amount of players always happen at around the very early mornings for the Americas 3-9 am Central time.
i doubt any one here is playing at those times

I don't doubt that the mod has yet to reach the fullest extent of its potential user base, but I do doubt the numbers would turn into anything more than a minority. Modding is a huge part of Don't Starve, and it does not take very long for stuff like that to get around. Also, I reiterate that I was being very generous combining those two mods' subscriptions sight unseen, because I suspect there is a very large overlap in usage between the two.

10 minutes ago, maradyne said:

That's...a little surprising, actually. 9000 people who are both aware of those mods existence and have enough of a problem with the new UI to actually use them, in this amount of time.
Means a visible section of the playerbase is unhappy enough to go out of their way to do something about it.

One of those mods has functions that have nothing to do with old vs. new UI, and the other can easily be used merely to supplement the current UI rather than just completely bypassing it because one doesn't like it at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

these mods are designed to make it easier to get used to and not completely return to the old interface. I'm sure if I could make the old menu people would subscribe more, but I won't do this due to lack of time and experience. These mods add what the players who are willing to put up with the new interface wanted. For example, one-click crafting or the old number of filters, and a tab system that you can customize if you need them

and yes, I'm glad that the mod that I mostly made for myself was liked by so many people :3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...