Am I cruel, lol? Nuclear waste generation.

So I saw the TC, SHC and the boiling point of nuclear waste, and I got to thinking, how can I make some, whithout going heavy into research, setting up complex reactors etc.

Well, I give you this

image.thumb.png.8674218bee7c438e393da898c9df9d80.png

The butchery + nuclear waste generation chamber :D

Changed a few things and its working pretty well.

image.thumb.png.19fb80b25243a71a0c47e633d382c3f9.png

The amount of waste you get depends on the radbolts I think, not sure. Still experimenting.
I`ve disabled 2 of the Radbolt generators, just so I can measure how much waste is produced per radbolt hit.
Also I want to know how much does it take to kill a critter.

I like simple machines like this.
It can be easily automated, and placed next to a kitchen, so you get easy access to nuclear waste for all your cooling needs and and automated source of barbecue.

7 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

So much plastic wasted. Wouldn`t it be better with shove voles?

I actually considered using radbolts as a way to get rid of extra pokeshells to get the big molts after 6 cycles instead of 100.

Not a hard feat to pull off actually.

At first I thought you could just shoot 2 tiles high and the radbolt would pass over the babies and hit the adults but it passes over them all.

Then I remembered babies can't jump and I put some humps in for the adults to jump up on to get shot.  It's like army training with live ammunition, except you actually want the trainees to get shot.

pokshellabuse.png

On 3/25/2022 at 6:29 PM, Sasza22 said:

So much plastic wasted. Wouldn`t it be better with shove voles?

I actually considered using radbolts as a way to get rid of extra pokeshells to get the big molts after 6 cycles instead of 100.

I mean I have hundreds of tons of plastic.
I really like setting up glossy drecko farms early on, because of how much stuff you get from them.
So it came to a point where I average ~2.6 glossy drecko births per cycle.
So yea, its kind of a waste, but not really :)

On 3/27/2022 at 1:32 AM, calibayzone said:

Well, a nuclear plant makes SOOO much waste in comparison to anything else, maybe a massive waste duper?

Depends, this is a mid game, very easy solution to make nuclear waste + automate your barbecue.
Late game I will use a reactor, yea.

So this is the semi-final setup:

image.png.1be42a1ca0d410a3fc380b5e4d7713c2.png

The amount of waste created depends on the number of radbolts which hit.
So I`ve added more generator and made them all fire at 500 radbolts.

500 radbolts give about ~ 495g of waste
The lamp radiation gives me about 50 radbolts per generator per cycle.
So thats roughly 250 radbolts meaning ~250g of nuclear waste per cycle.

The amount of radbolts dont matter to the dreckos, they always die in two shots, I dont know if thats any different for other critters.
So with my current drecko production I can support up to 5 shots per cycle or 2500 radbolts or 2500g of nuclear waste.
Meaning that I can scale this up 10 times, which I will :D

I think if you shoot radbolts at each other they will also produce some radio active waste, but butchering is made easy with this too.

That said, a research reactor puts out so much of the stuff, you'll be swimming in it in no time. Also, I believe there's a once per cycle moment where the stuff gets dumped out of whatever building or bottle it is in ( unless this changed ), so using it in a cooling loop can have leaking issues.

I personally just use my waste to generate radbolts with 2 infinite storage areas each with 2 radbolt generators putting out 500 bolts per cycle each.

16 hours ago, suicide commando said:

I personally just use my waste to generate radbolts with 2 infinite storage areas each with 2 radbolt generators putting out 500 bolts per cycle each.

Thats sounds like fun, can you screenshot that?

Archived