Please revert the AG change, he is no longer a fun rework

@ScottHansen I'm pleading, please revert the change that was made to Ancient Guardian in Game Update 498875

Y'all had it right before this patch and reworked the fight to be very fun fight and not a hard boss, as stated in the announcement for this beta.

• Ancient Guardian is a new fight. This is not intended to be a hard boss fight, but to be more fun than the previous version.

Unfortunately, it's been touched too much and has now been reverted into the state that AG was before his rework. I'm very sad to see that happen and again I'm begging you, please change it back.

For those who are not on the upkeep, AG no longer is stunned based on distance and recovers almost 2-3 times faster than before. If you enjoyed doing 3-5 hits on AG every "round", well it's back in full force. :'(

57 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

@ScottHansen I'm pleading, please revert the change that was made to Ancient Guardian in Game Update 498875

Y'all had it right before this patch and reworked the fight to be very fun fight and not a hard boss, as stated in the announcement for this beta.

• Ancient Guardian is a new fight. This is not intended to be a hard boss fight, but to be more fun than the previous version.

Unfortunately, it's been touched too much and has now been reverted into the state that AG was before his rework. I'm very sad to see that happen and again I'm begging you, please change it back.

For those who are not on the upkeep, AG no longer is stunned based on distance and recovers almost 2-3 times faster than before. If you enjoyed doing 3-5 hits on AG every "round", well it's back in full force. :'(

Oh.. 

@lakhnish

No need to worry, it's most likely a bug.

The code for Ancient Guardian's stategraph was just cleaned up a bit, and the stun was replaced with a different sort of timer, however, I suspect other timers attached to the guardian are likely interfering with the Guardian's stun time as the game doesn't actually check which timer specifically has ended when running the event callback for one, and thus makes him prematurely get up.

I'll look into it more later.

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

No need to worry, it's most likely a bug.

The code for Ancient Guardian's stategraph was just cleaned up a bit, and the stun was replaced with a different sort of timer, however, I suspect other timers attached to the guardian are likely interfering with the Guardian's stun time as the game doesn't actually check which timer specifically has ended when running the event callback for one, and thus makes him prematurely get up.

I'll look into it more later.

Thanks for this info, the stategraph stuff is beyond my comprehension, so I really hope this is the case. 

8 hours ago, lakhnish said:

I am not aware of the recent change but AG was indeed too easy after rework.

Stays down too long, too many pillars drop, making the fight way too safe and way too easy to get him stunned.

His leap was decently dangerous and a welcome change but it does that too little.

Don't get me wrong, the rework was very good but made the fight way, way too easy. Especially considering his drops are so, so good now.

Archived