Favorite Weird/Creepy Things in DST

8 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Yes but the insanity ambience BEFORE you go fully crazy was silently removed recently it seems, does anyone know why?

Good god I just noticed the changes in a test world, why would Klei suddenly make the insanity ambience nigh-nonexistant? I actually LIKED the insanity ambience.

I originally thought it was just my old speakers going to hell, but even with brand new speakers i noticed it. Insanity ambience is so quiet now it's honestly boring!

I guess it Klei is going to keep the ambience this way, someone please make a mod to restore the old insanity ambience.

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

Yes but the insanity ambience BEFORE you go fully crazy was silently removed recently it seems, does anyone know why?

Yeah, it's super odd some of the stuff that Klei has silently changed, like Celestial Portal no longer having animations similar to the Florid Postern when idle or summoning a player, the insanity ambience being super damn quiet (I have my ambience set to 2 levels higher than everything else), and I can't even hear the insane version of the Day beginning jingle.

14 hours ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

The abyss that is present in the caves' edges, there used to be walls in the very early days of it, but now I can't ever shake the feeling off that there's a chance a person can just fall down there into lord knows where.  :shock:

It's still walls, the graphics are just omit because people didn't like how it looked. In the archives trailer you can see it.

12 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Yeah, it's super odd some of the stuff that Klei has silently changed, like Celestial Portal no longer having animations similar to the Florid Postern when idle or summoning a player, the insanity ambience being super damn quiet (I have my ambience set to 2 levels higher than everything else), and I can't even hear the insane version of the Day beginning jingle.

My hope is that some of this stuff is currently under development and will come back.. Still, sorry for the ping, but I'd like to ask Klei themselves about it, what happened to the insanity ambience, you know something @JoeW?

On 3/17/2022 at 11:45 PM, Cheggf said:

the graphics are just omit because people didn't like how it looked

I figured that it was also because walls were fully removed around "The Stuff of Nightmares" update, which added two things that would make walls even more irritating: The Labyrinth in the Ruins, and The Lazy Explorer staff. Even the shortened wall height from around Hungry for your Hunger would have made those two things a nuisance to interact with underground.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:45 PM, Cheggf said:

It's still walls, the graphics are just omit because people didn't like how it looked. In the archives trailer you can see it.

I could swear I've seen a slurtle mound's loot fall into the abyss and disappear.

24 minutes ago, Bumber64 said:

I could swear I've seen a slurtle mound's loot fall into the abyss and disappear.

Yea, cave void uses the same dropped-item mechanic as the old ocean, where anything that lands on it is consumed with a splash of water...despite there being no water.
Basically an old, old placeholder.

29 minutes ago, Bumber64 said:

Yeah they're supposed to be walls but whether or not they act like them is really inconsistent. I don't think items falling into the wall is intentional since it's so rare and uses a water graphic but it's one of the things that can happen.

Oh dang I got ninja'd

Archived