Cant Find clockworks anywhere

I cant find any clockworks, i dont want to fight in caves as a wolfgang, its day 11 i still need to beat boss before winter so i can quickly workout and rush for tusk and tam'o. What biomes clockworks spawns, or near which biome? I cant find it on wiki20211220110640_1.thumb.jpg.592f155780fe1cbaba7d583857a49827.jpg20211220110602_1.thumb.jpg.f80321372eb4376dd0effa494c254427.jpg

5 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

You'll get sketches. Then you can build statues on wheeling pot

Damn forgot abou that, thanks

I still prefer founding actuall clockworks, marbles are too far from theirselfs, there is one right at their spawn but its day 11 so i will have full moon this night, i still didnt found all marbles

I have graveyard near my base, i still didint dig all up so there is a chance to get one in them, right? I will try anyways, i need gems for dumbells and shadow manipulator. Also which day should i plant trees so deerclops will smash them when they are tall?

2 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Yes, it's not bad chance to dig gears. Or you can find them in thimbleweeds

3% in graves and 1% in tumbleweeds and i prob need it like right now. There is some clockworks in caves right? I need to beat big tentacle or there is some above? Im very confused about caves ruins etc i just cant find out where is where, caves is 2nd floor, and there is ruins or they are lower? And atrium too?

1 minute ago, DajeKotlyar said:

There is only one layer of caves in DST.

You need to find mug biom (with orange floor and lot of light bulbs), it always connected to ruins. To find atrium you should beat giant tentacle, but you don't need this.

Thanks, how about trees that i mentioned earlier? "Also which day should i plant trees so deerclops will smash them when they are tall? "

56 minutes ago, ILWES said:

What biomes clockworks spawns, or near which biome?

its random generated . sometime u wont get any.

4 minutes ago, ILWES said:

Also which day should i plant trees so deerclops will smash them when they are tall

i wouldnt recomend farm tree with deerclops . 

your best bet for gears: grave . fixing the statue and kill it when fullmoon (cus i dont think u r ready for shadowpieces). or tumbleweed 

1 minute ago, DajeKotlyar said:

7-8 days earlier.

But I prefer use natural forest

It depends, hes hitbox is so small that for me planting cones in straight line is easier, also i get cones from dead tries which i need to chop for spawning some treeguards because i still didint get shadow manipulator, and treeguards will make me insane, so i can farm nightmare fuel too

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Exit game go to world Gen setting toggle to tons restart game: You won’t have a problem finding them anymore.. they’ll find you.

You cant change anything in world gen after making one right?

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Exit game go to world Gen setting toggle to tons restart game: You won’t have a problem finding them anymore.. they’ll find you.

that doesnt work like that 

2 minutes ago, ILWES said:

You cant change anything in world gen after making one right?

no, just respawn and regrow timers

for example you can change how often a pig is spawned from a pig house but, after you create the world, you wont be able to change the number of pig houses

since clocks arent atached to a personal and individual spawner (they are linked to the final boss) you can't change, once created, the number of clockworks

your best chances, as others said, are tumbleweeds, graves and the chess pieces

you can try to find the ruins (near the brown biome with tons of lichen) but is too dangerous if you aren't familiar with the caves or ruins

you can also try to find salt since it doesnt take time. Sslt boxes cant hold ice but you can store raw food for longer

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that doesnt work like that 

no, just respawn and regrow timers

for example you can change how often a pig is spawned from a pig house but, after you create the world, you wont be able to change the number of pig houses

since clocks arent atached to a personal and individual spawner (they are linked to the final boss) you can't change, once created, the number of clockworks

your best chances, as others said, are tumbleweeds, graves and the chess pieces

you can try to find the ruins (near the brown biome with tons of lichen) but is too dangerous if you aren't familiar with the caves or ruins

you can also try to find salt since it doesnt take time. Sslt boxes cant hold ice but you can store raw food for longer

I know that, but i specyfically want gears for fridges, i want to prepare food for some bosses run, i take lots of armor lots of pierogis and non stop beat boss one and then another, instead of baking here and there. I sent map so you can see i have dragonfly on top left and sack near pig king, so bottom right, its long journey, and my base is kinda on middle but still i want to kill dragonfly before winter and klaus after, i will just simply collect cactus on road etc and 2-3 days after dragonfly i will be ready for klaus. Also you cant put ice and made meals like pierogis into salt box, and i will go for saltbox, as i said i want to make deerclops farm trees for me, then i will have enough wood for entire boat and more

1 hour ago, ILWES said:

quickly

4 minutes ago, landromat said:

If you need gears you can always collect some tumbleweeds. You'll eventually get some

11 minutes ago, ILWES said:

I know that, but i specyfically want gears for fridges, i want to prepare food for some bosses run, i take lots of armor lots of pierogis and non stop beat boss one and then another, instead of baking here and there. I sent map so you can see i have dragonfly on top left and sack near pig king, so bottom right, its long journey, and my base is kinda on middle but still i want to kill dragonfly before winter and klaus after, i will just simply collect cactus on road etc and 2-3 days after dragonfly i will be ready for klaus. Also you cant put ice and made meals like pierogis into salt box, and i will go for saltbox, as i said i want to make deerclops farm trees for me, then i will have enough wood for entire boat and more

Gears from tumbleweeds are not good for fridges or what

Just now, landromat said:

Gears from tumbleweeds are not good for fridges or what

I quoted myself saying "quickly"

i guess there is just no answer other than tumbleweeds or graves for me

I will try graves after my online learning, i dont want to get suprise when we will arive to school and i will know nothing you know what i mean

Just now, ILWES said:

I quoted myself saying "quickly"

i guess there is just no answer other than tumbleweeds or graves for me

I will try graves after my online learning, i dont want to get suprise when we will arive to school and i will know nothing you know what i mean

Quick way is clockworks. No clockworks means slow way. (Not so slow, you definitely can get some gear from tumbleweeds in a day)

Just now, landromat said:

Quick way is clockworks. No clockworks means slow way. (Not so slow, you definitely can get some gear from tumbleweeds in a day)

just look at my map, my base is on middle and i have tumbleweeds spawning on top left and right, and bottom right, so any way i choose its long and i still need to do something important because i feel it, i cant remember what tho and i wont make list because im too lazy for that, maybe i will but only if i will have time, or just make short time one

22 minutes ago, ILWES said:

if you are experience to fight DF i think is a good time to start learning about the caves (so you can use her loot). By just finding the ruins you can have tons of gears without the need of going so deep 

you can go there and leave when you have few gears and be farming them little by little until you get enough experience to clean the entire ruins

honestly, if you really want fridges in plural that is the best solution or chess pieces which gives you 2 per fixed statue. Some worlds have the rook, bishop and knight set piece but also there is another set pieces with 2 knights, only bishop and knight, etc. You can try to find and repair them

Archived