Steam Users - What is going on ?

24 minutes ago, durbal said:

What is the obsession with co-op in games where it doesn't seem to be fitting at all?  Or co-op in general?

It's like a cult, just people affected are not aware of it. Like a Fight Club. And the first rule of Multiplayer Club is to always talk about Multiplayer.

Also, probably some people have friends (who has a time for friends after DLC is released anyway?!?!) and their first thought is "can I play with them"

2 hours ago, pether said:

It's like a cult, just people affected are not aware of it. Like a Fight Club. And the first rule of Multiplayer Club is to always talk about Multiplayer.

Also, probably some people have friends (who has a time for friends after DLC is released anyway?!?!) and their first thought is "can I play with them"

This is for people who feels lonely and need a "computer friend". 

there is some things about coop. they to need build server app for make it run stable. this self may take years. so don't make you hopes too high about that. fact is they even not want touch the multi-thread  at game self, i not see how they are able todo that without that

I would love pure a coop multiplayer implementation (one colony, no gameplay changes), where the work is done by the server app and clients could connect to it just pull and send information and the game is completely unchanged otherwise.  That way, I could have multiple ONI client instances open on my computer to put on my second screen so I can keep an eye on multiple projects.  I bet I could reasonably fit 4 ONIs on my second screen and one on my main screen.

Of course, they could also implement non-interactive viewing screens which would probably be lighter, but I think they are more likely to do basic multiplayer than that.

Archived