Wolfgang streng brainstorm

Eh hello jaja I'm making this thread so there could be an space for the ideas or suggestions for the small adjustments or future changes that could come in the future (like with the addition of but fishes to the ocean) related to Wolfgang habilites now that we now his rework tried to show more of him being a strongman with inhuman capacities (without making everything to easy of course jaja).

So I recently see some suggestions that would fit with the theme like the one about gaining mightiness with work and carrying super heavy stuff like beefalos and I was wondering what other stuff could come from the theme of streng that could add flavor to his gameplay, I really don't have many ideas except from maybe being capable of fishing larger ocean creatures but at the moment we only have narwhals, sharks and squitersquids (sorry if I write it wrong) but there is not much reason for fishing those unless they get different loot or interactions from that, so I wanted to see what you guys could come up.

Btw sorry if I don't sound very clear with what I'm trying to say, Im writing this from my cellphone and the word corrector makes very difficult write well jaja.

Remove any thought of “Speed” and instead double down on what it means to be “Mighty” not just when hitting things… but also In every other aspect of the game where it should count.

Being Mighty should mean throwing things further & faster then anyone else (speed but not speed..) longer casting range, further Dumbell throwing that kind of stuff.. he should be able to throw them shorter and shorter distances in Normal & Wimpy form I mean it also makes sense: he can Pump the Dumbell in Wimpy form.. obviously he could throw it (landing just short of his feet but you get what I’m saying.)

Instantly being able to pull up a boat mast with sheer strength instead of needing to time the second pull, or pull up A boat anchor faster because he doesn’t struggle to roll that weight back up- again it’s Speed but not Speed.

I don’t agree with the faster fishing though being strong doesn’t make your fishing pole stronger.. the line will break, but this is a video game and if we kept everything super realistic the game would be boring.

The thing that really puts me off being able to fully enjoy his rework is it’s just not an accurate portrayal of all his vignettes and the new loading screen main menu animations: And that really and deeply upsets me because those vignette and animations is how KLEI perceives him to look & feel not how Wolfgang Mains or Casual players see him… what we are seeing is KLEI’S Vision: What THEY portray him as… and that, well it’s-

Perfect: Now just translate that into actual gameplay and Wolfgang will become one of my favorite reworks.

I dunno about the current update for Wolfgang, but whenever the midsummer carnival rolls back around again I would like a High Striker minigame (those old-fashioned "Test your Strength!" games you see at carnivals with the giant hammer) where it's easier or harder depending on the character and what form.

Harder to play: Wes, Maxwell, Wendy, Webber, Wurt, Walter, Wanda (old), Wimpy Wolfgang.

Easier to play: Mighty Wolfgang, WIgfrid, Weremoose, Winona, Wurt (KoTMs active).

Just a few qol suggestions

1. A way to "freeze" the mighty meter (1 point above from wimpy threshold) so one can stay at normal Wolfgang at a cost so it's easier to "flip the switch" rather than having to jump the gap from 0 wimpy to mighty in a pinch.

I suggest a plated (weighted) tactical vest that causes a bit more hunger drain and is basically clothing.

2. A new food, item, idc, way to reduce the drain of meters. All meters, including Wigfrid and Woodies (and soon to be Wx-78, c'mon charge/energy meter, it's a given), something end game.

24 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Just a few qol suggestions

1. A way to "freeze" the mighty meter (1 point above from wimpy threshold) so one can stay at normal Wolfgang at a cost so it's easier to "flip the switch" rather than having to jump the gap from 0 wimpy to mighty in a pinch.

I suggest a plated (weighted) tactical vest that causes a bit more hunger drain and is basically clothing.

2. A new food, item, idc, way to reduce the drain of meters. All meters, including Wigfrid and Woodies (and soon to Wx-78, c'mon charge/energy meter, it's a given), something end game.

Rock stuffed turkey, 1 rock 1 meat 2 drumsticks, 100 hunger -2 health and 5 sanity and it freezes might meter for 8 minutes but prevents food consumption for 2 minutes.

1 hour ago, Rafi. said:

Moving with the dumbbells ? Is it too late to ask for that ?... I don't understand how some people can't like that idea.

I don't much care how, but I feel Wolfgang *needs* a better way to maintain mighty, especially during fights.  The duration you get now, especially with how unwieldy it is to pump weights mid fight, it just doesn't work well at all.

I made my suggestion about it, I know others have too - I hope Klei looks at these and fixes it.  They came through for Wendy, changing her kit to fit what worked better for her, and the people who play her.  They did a great job nerfing Wolfgang, the speed is gone, WHATEVER, we still need to have a good kit left behind, and we don't.

Unfortunately I think the nays have it, and Wolfgang is just gonna be our next Winona - except she is at least good for pick n swap :\ Wolfy won't even have that now.

3 hours ago, Shosuko said:

The duration you get now, especially with how unwieldy it is to pump weights mid fight, it just doesn't work well at all.

im the only one who thinks this is hilarious?

yesterday i was all time laughting because of how goofy looked toadstool with his angry face spawning trees while a chad european potato fanatic pump his muscles "sorry froggy i need to do my daily routine"

in my experience, the only 2 fights where i needed to pump middle fight (i didnt kill CK and CC yet) was beequeen with kitting method (i tried also tanking+pan flute and you shouldnt need to pump, at most at the end of the fight) and toadstoo. With every other boss you have enought meter to almost repeat the fight

19 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

yesterday i was all time laughting because of how goofy looked toadstool with his angry face spawning trees while a chad european potato fanatic pump his muscles "sorry froggy i need to do my daily routine"

in my experience, the only 2 fights where i needed to pump middle fight (i didnt kill CK and CC yet) was beequeen with kitting method (i tried also tanking+pan flute and you shouldnt need to pump, at most at the end of the fight) and toadstoo. With every other boss you have enought meter to almost repeat the fight

Jaja it sounds fun, but I still agree that at least Wolfgang should be able to move while using the dumbbells to dodge during boss fights or even regular fights.

9 minutes ago, IanKSB91 said:

Jaja it sounds fun, but I still agree that at least Wolfgang should be able to move while using the dumbbells to dodge during boss fights or even regular fights.

then where goes the fun of timing? is like people asking to remove the transitions frames for changing form. This little things are the only "skilled" requeriments of this game, other than that is a memory game that can be played with 1 hand

i know that for some people having to stop to keep mighty outiside of fightscan be annoying but needing to pump to prevent not being normal in the middle of a fight is the only exciting thing that wolfgang has

you can hit with the dumbbell (i hope that klei changes how works atacking with dumbbell in mighty) to gain mightyness during a fight so there you have something if you dont enjoy needing to be still

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

then where goes the fun of timing? is like people asking to remove the transitions frames for changing form. This little things are the only "skilled" requeriments of this game, other than that is a memory game that can be played with 1 hand

i know that for some people having to stop to keep mighty outiside of fightscan be annoying but needing to pump to prevent not being normal in the middle of a fight is the only exciting thing that wolfgang has

you can hit with the dumbbell (i hope that klei changes how works atacking with dumbbell in mighty) to gain mightyness during a fight so there you have something if you dont enjoy needing to be still

I guess you are right , I don't really have a problem waiting for the meter to fill out jaja is just that I was mostly thinking that finding safe spaces of time could be a little bit challenging for certain boss battles but I guess that its just another level of skill that will need a little bit of practice jaja, I have to admit it is very thrilling and fun when you do it correctly.

47 minutes ago, IanKSB91 said:

I guess you are right , I don't really have a problem waiting for the meter to fill out jaja is just that I was mostly thinking that finding safe spaces of time could be a little bit challenging for certain boss battles but I guess that its just another level of skill that will need a little bit of practice jaja, I have to admit it is very thrilling and fun when you do it correctly.

is what seems on paper but if you fill your metter before the fight you shouldnt have problem.

Fw fight only wastes arround 60% meter, BQ via pan flute+marble suit tanking wastes arround 90% (and anyways she is slow so you can use gembells safely), klaus is too short to worry, the twins most of the time are fought only during few minutes before they despawn, for toadstool you will need but anyways you have plenty of time when he is summoning and the fight is easy thanks to the working buff while mighty, CC is just dumb and wont despawn so go far away and do whatever you need, etc

the only scenario where i see the meter being a problematic thing is during DF fight without wall since you will need to time very well the gembell during the time that the larvaes need to reach you but anyways the gembell raises arround 2 per use so you can do little pauses if needed just to keep the meter over 75

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I actually died the other day because I wasn’t able to pump my Dumbell without being attacked by spiders in the dark by a campfire in winter, I’m not sure if PC version can just drag and drop logs onto a fire pit (would be highly unfair if ya’ll CAN) but with an Xbox Controller you actually need to get close to the fire and then a button prompt to add more fuel will pop up on the D-pad.

The problem was it was Night, Spiders were out roaming, my campfire was dying, I did not have time to get close to the fire and refuel it.. or to craft a torch OR pump his weight.. (first starting days before getting lantern btw) so as my fire got smaller & smaller in size (and the circle of light I could run around from spiders decreased) there was nothing I could do & I died.

I was either going to die to Spiders, Freezing, or the fire going out.

This is a feeling you used to get with Solo Dont Starves Adventures mode where problems would stack on you all at once (it’s winter your cold, but you have limited resources and need to lower your sanity to get past a blockade bridge but when you do that: you also have shadows chasing you..)

I got this feeling from WOLFGANG of all characters.. So for me it was a fun experience and a throwback to my DS days..

I guess not everyone is “excited” when the game challenges them & they die though so I can see where people find standing still to lift weights annoying/boring.

Shouldn't gameplay be the top priority? Not vanity? Wolfgang is already as mighty as s character in don't starve can be. He lifts, he eats protein, he hits hard and he even chops hard. Of course kle can always add more little perks just a buffet full of them. Like he could just reel any finish in without snapping finishing rod cuz silly fish thinks she can run away from Wolfgang, but it's not like logical perks matter. Cute at best. 

21 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Shouldn't gameplay be the top priority? Not vanity? Wolfgang is already as mighty as s character in don't starve can be. He lifts, he eats protein, he hits hard and he even chops hard. Of course kle can always add more little perks just a buffet full of them. Like he could just reel any finish in without snapping finishing rod cuz silly fish thinks she can run away from Wolfgang, but it's not like logical perks matter. Cute at best. 

Oh sorry if I didn't came clear jaja when I write this I couldn't use properly the traductor jaja I wasn't suggesting fishing everything with ease I was just was thinking that in the future we may se bigger fishes (because right now they are coded like small and medium fishes) and maybe when that happens something could came from that.

This tread was mostly to think in what others parts of the gameplay his perks may be in use apart from work and fight, mostly because from my point of view I see that people didn't feel like he got expanded in his mechanics or abilities, sorry for the annoyance jaja.

31 minutes ago, viberr said:

may I ask why you say jaja basically between every sentence jaja?

It’s yes in another language, I think Russian/German or something like that.. just like Nine is No.

Asks cute girl if she has any other men in her life? NINE!

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s yes in another language, I think Russian/German or something like that.. just like Nine is No.

Asks cute girl if she has any other men in her life? NINE!

No, Jaja is haha in Spanish. This person is lacking a bit of confidence so they place the Jaja so as to not be taken too seriously.

1 hour ago, viberr said:

may I ask why you say jaja basically between every sentence jaja?

Oh sorry yes basically what was already said jaja is haha in Spanish and I do feel a little bit nervous because this is the first time I write in English in the internet so I didn't want to sound too serious.

55 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

No, Jaja is haha in Spanish. This person is lacking a bit of confidence so they place the Jaja so as to be taken too seriously.

Yeah im a bit nervous while writing here, and even in Spanish I tend to write a lot jaja or eh because I tend to write just as I sound in my mind which tend to use a lot of verbal filers, I will try to improve and thank you for making me know that it makes me sound not very confident.

I think what a lot of people just aren’t taking into account is why people don’t believe Wolfgang needs his speed perk back, and that the game is changing drastically with each update.

Allow me to explain: In November Klei added an update for a Terraria cross-over event, this event added the Terrarium or to simplify it: “Portable pocket thing that spawns a boss anywhere you want”

What this means is that people don’t have to rush Dragonfly or wait till Winter to obtain a boss statue, if your lucky enough to find the terrarium set piece early you can have a nice boss statue as early as 2-3 days in.

Wolfgang with his 2x double damage can kill this boss in literally less then a minute with as little as a Football Helmet and Spear/Tentacle Spike- This boss when killed will drop a Eye Mask and Boss Statue Blue Print.

The Eye Mask is like a football helmet but can be repaired by feeding the mask food, even normally bad foods like red caps, raw mm or rot will repair this helmet, you can also craft the EoT statues and put them on your Gym for increased Might gains.

You can repeat this portable boss fight again as soon as the “Tiny Tree” reappears inside the Terrarium (about 15 days) And this time around you can use the Eye Mask you got from the first kill to kill it a 2nd time with ease:

Your no longer feeding Wolfgang to stay mighty… your feeding a demon eyeball mask to avoid taking much damage.

One of the best uses I’ve had so far for Eye Mask is to pick desert cactus with it and then after you’ve picked a few repair it with the same cactus you were plucking.

DST has CHANGED a lot.. and I’m sure Klei knows it.

I don’t even feel the effects of his Health being lowered or not being able to always dodge an enemy with super speed because: I’m stacking 3 sets of armor that can be repaired by giving it food. I always keep two of these on me at all times and when one gets low in durability I swap em out.

With a portable boss you can summon anywhere for as many self repairing helmets as you can possibly want: I don’t think we need to give the character who finishes that fight in less then 42 seconds a speed boost.

sorry.

14 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

idk which was worse...  The elitest Wolfgang players who just told me "pick wolfgang" whenever I asked about how to approach a problem, or your elitist retort every time I mention that I am completely dissatisfied with Wolfgang's mighty meter and how inefficient of a perk it is.

Just now, Shosuko said:

idk which was worse...  The elitest Wolfgang players who just told me "pick wolfgang" whenever I asked about how to approach a problem, or your elitist retort every time I mention that I am completely dissatisfied with Wolfgang's mighty meter and how inefficient of a perk it is.

It’s not that bad.. needs tweaks and more ways to slow its drain down or even completely halt it.

They should probably readjust the numbers on Might Meter too (65% to become Mighty instead of current 75%, Maybe 5-10% to be average..)

Readjust crafting costs on Dumbells too.. 2 stones for stone Dumbell, 1 cut stone for gold.

More things to do While Mighty (most important one on the list) 

I have faith that Klei will make him great before just moving onto whatever is next on their schedule: Unless… they feel this is how they want him then I guess we just get use to it and learn to love it.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s not that bad.. needs tweaks and more ways to slow its drain down or even completely halt it.

They should probably readjust the numbers on Might Meter too (65% to become Mighty instead of current 75%, Maybe 5-10% to be average..)

Readjust crafting costs on Dumbells too.. 2 stones for stone Dumbell, 1 cut stone for gold.

More things to do While Mighty (most important one on the list) 

I have faith that Klei will make him great before just moving onto whatever is next on their schedule: Unless… they feel this is how they want him then I guess we just get use to it and learn to love it.

You are suggesting those changes to the guy that suggested those changes.

Archived