Implementing mechanics from one character into another

Replace the new dumbbells with cursed magic items, the gym station with an exorcism table or something, the mightiness meter with a nightmariness meter, and replace Wolfgang with Maxwell, and BAM you have a character that benefits from standing still that was already moderately good at standing still. (please don't take this too seriously)

Not posting in the beta branch as I think this is more of an idea for a possible Maxwell refresh rather than a feedback on the Wolfgang rework. I also felt like discussing the possibility of implementing one character's mechanics into another one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which existing character-specific mechanics do you guys think would interact interestingly with other characters?

22 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

Replace the new dumbbells with cursed magic items, the gym station with an exorcism table or something, the mightiness meter with a nightmariness meter, and replace Wolfgang with Maxwell, and BAM you have a character that benefits from standing still that was already moderately good at standing still. (please don't take this too seriously)

Not posting in the beta branch as I think this is more of an idea for a possible Maxwell refresh rather than a feedback on the Wolfgang rework. I also felt like discussing the possibility of implementing one character's mechanics into another one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which existing character-specific mechanics do you guys think would interact interestingly with other characters?

Wolfgang with the new gembell requires you to stand still for 10secs for once every 8min day. Its very reasonable i've no idea why people are complaining so much. I think maxwell needs to move away alot from his gathering passive side and focus on shadow magic more somehow.. maybe spawn a shadow hand area of effect attack kinda like how napsacks work atm but instead of putting mobs to sleep slows down their movement speed by 50% in the area, who knows...

22 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

i've no idea why people are complaining so much

For this, please see:

50 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

(please don't take this too seriously)

Plus it's not a complaint, really. I just thought Maxwell focusing on his shadow items to gain temporary damage boost would be quite fitting. Would be a flat addition instead of multiplication in that case, which would then get lower as his sanity gets higher. He could use his minions to mine resources during that time as well.

6 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

Plus it's not a complaint, really. I just thought Maxwell focusing on his shadow items to gain temporary damage boost would be quite fitting. Would be a flat addition instead of multiplication in that case, which would then get lower as his sanity gets higher. He could use his minions to mine resources during that time as well.

Damages boosts are so boring tho, we have wigfrid,wanda,warly, wendy and wolfgang who have explored damage boosts in so many different ways. I want more wacky abilities like wicker's books.

Sorry peoples' unjustified hate for the new mightiness meter and mechanic has got me irritated lol its like they haven't even tried the new wolfgang yet and are just assuming stuff.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wendy glass cannon >:(

I don't think it fits into her intended playstyle. Not that I know what klei intended for her playstyle to be, but I always saw it as a beginners character intended for people who can't combat and are too bizy struggling with everything else to learn kiting right now, not a high skill high reward one. 

Wigfrid being a direct upgrade - a very safe combat character that teaches you just how weak monsters are and how strong armor is. I think one of my most memorable moments in the game was when I first survived summer as wigfrid and then meet Bearger. He forcefully trained me to do kiting due to his weapon removal mechanic. After that it was as if my whole world view changed. I can kill even strong things without taking damage? Then I started practicing kiting on everyone and failing was safe due to wigfrid immortality. 

And Wolfgang being a direct direct upgrade for those who consider themselves above all mobs and want combat power that matches their skill while also doing the complete opposite of what game tells them to do - rapidly starving. 

That is not to say I wasn't very disappointed in her buff either, I loved glassy Wendy alot, except for the damage buff potion which felt like a must have thing since I'm already intentionally damaging myself for extra damage on abi, thus should aim for even more or use potion and aim for less. 

But I rarely play wendy and I absolutely never played her before rework as I just hated her perks and her downside - the only downside you can't work your way around (untill year of the beefalo that is). So if people complained about glass cannon they might have been the wendy mains and those opinions take priority over mine anyways. 

46 minutes ago, Mangrove said:

Woodie with shadow loggers sounds fun, they'd all chop at his speed and anger so many treeguards

This sounds more like a Mwoodxwell, and although it doesn't match with his character, I love the idea:D 

Maybe the moonstorm nights could prevent Woodie from random transformations and instead, he could interact with Lucy like Willow interacts with Bernie, shielding Woodie from Gestalt attacks. 

Archived