Jump to content

When was the last time your dupes showered?


Recommended Posts

I was reworking the piping in my colony and noticed that my dupes aren't showering anymore.  I have no idea how long this has been the case, but even sopping wet and soggy feet aren't prompting them to shower.  They have access to the shower, the shower is properly plumbed, and there's ample time for them to rinse off during either bathtime or downtime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, goboking said:

I was reworking the piping in my colony and noticed that my dupes aren't showering anymore.  I have no idea how long this has been the case, but even sopping wet and soggy feet aren't prompting them to shower.  They have access to the shower, the shower is properly plumbed, and there's ample time for them to rinse off during either bathtime or downtime.

Do sopping wet or soggy feet promote dupe to shower at any point? I never noticed that kind of reaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm. Sometime 2020, I think. Did not build showers since then. Maybe I should start again.

5 hours ago, Orzelek said:

Do sopping wet or soggy feet promote dupe to shower at any point? I never noticed that kind of reaction.

I don't think so. It is more that you can channel your dupes through a shower to do that, but I think primarily the shower only gives you the morale-boost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did not noticed anything like that. My dupes taking shower every day, even in the rocket...IMG_20211124_133513.thumb.jpg.a283f924c93c8444a31ee8dfe2bd2f45.jpg

Dupes don't prompt using shower because of debuffs and only way to make them use a shower is giving them bath time in schedule. Although by default bath time is after sleeping and I still did not changed that, but I think better is placing bath time before downtime after work. Then you will have soggy feet, sopping wet, eye and skin irritation removed and +3 morale for a longer time. Because they usually have those debuffs after work, they spend their down time and sleep while having all debuffs and when they should wear off, they get up go to shower, and again to work and getting same debuffs again.

Though about why dupes are not using shower I don't know. Check the pipes, is everything is connected and have an outputs, follow few dupes in their bath time, where do they go, what they do instead of taking shower, check errands for showering... They should be taking shower if they have time to do that, if they can reach the shower in time, if the shower is functioning properly and if it's save in the place where the shower is (is there oxygen to breathe, isn't there radiation, a heat or cold or angry pokeshell)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WhiteWind36 said:

Though about why dupes are not using shower I don't know. Check the pipes, is everything is connected and have an outputs, follow few dupes in their bath time, where do they go, what they do instead of taking shower, check errands for showering... They should be taking shower if they have time to do that, if they can reach the shower in time, if the shower is functioning properly and if it's save in the place where the shower is (is there oxygen to breathe, isn't there radiation, a heat or cold or angry pokeshell)

The piping is fine, the schedule leaves ample time to shower, and they have access to the showers...I've checked every box and have no idea what the problem might be.  Maybe my printing pod just printed a bunch of slobs.  :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, WhiteWind36 said:

Did you tried saving and reloading after restarting the game?

I've been tracking it every time I load the game, and the problem has persisted through several sessions.  Here's a pic of the piping, in case I'm just being daft and missing something.

Showers.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, goboking said:

I've been tracking it every time I load the game, and the problem has persisted through several sessions.  Here's a pic of the piping, in case I'm just being daft and missing something.

Bridge top left seems reversed or am I being silly?

You want the water to flow to the showers input... but its stuck between the bridge input and the showers input and doesn't know where to go. Also looks like there is another bridge to the left of that and it is reversed too.

Unless it is supposed to come down from the top right, but we cannot see what is going on up there so hard to tell XD

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could be that the dupes take too long to get from the job site to the bathroom? I have seen that scheduling problem before. They will use bathroom, but run out of time for a shower. I like to schedule a down time slot, then bathroom, then another down time b4 bed. Gives them a chance to grab a shower before sleep if they run out of bath time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JRup said:

Piping looks good, door permissions?

All clear.

 

7 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

Unless it is supposed to come down from the top right, but we cannot see what is going on up there so hard to tell XD

It does flow from a bridge off-screen on the top right, then flows out to the left, feeding the shower as it passes.  There's water in the pipe beneath the shower intake ports, so the problem shouldn't be confused packets.

 

7 hours ago, Mutation142 said:

Could be that the dupes take too long to get from the job site to the bathroom? I have seen that scheduling problem before. They will use bathroom, but run out of time for a shower. I like to schedule a down time slot, then bathroom, then another down time b4 bed. Gives them a chance to grab a shower before sleep if they run out of bath time.

There's plenty of time for them to shower.  I give them three blocks of bath time immediately before three blocks of downtime, and I use a duplicant checkpoint to prevent them from leaving the base during bath time and downtime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give them bath time after night. Let them shower in the morning. 3 blocks may be not enough to come back from far.

To confirm it it is schedule problem or not just set  them bath time all the time to see if they start showering.

Take a look at available errands:
obraz.png.a8419ecd0794014e66e5e8c901b833f3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sheaker said:

Give them bath time after night. Let them shower in the morning. 3 blocks may be not enough to come back from far.

To confirm it it is schedule problem or not just set  them bath time all the time to see if they start showering.

Take a look at available errands:
obraz.png.a8419ecd0794014e66e5e8c901b833f3.png

Every time I troubleshooted I watched the errands tab and nothing ever queued; it was always blank.  It took me longer than I care to admit, but I finally had the idea of deconstructing and rebuilding the showers and that solved whatever problem was preventing their use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, goboking said:

Every time I troubleshooted I watched the errands tab and nothing ever queued; it was always blank.  It took me longer than I care to admit, but I finally had the idea of deconstructing and rebuilding the showers and that solved whatever problem was preventing their use.

Well that sounds like a standard software solution. You need to turn it off and then on again :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have currently got 68 dupes sharing 3 showers. Not sure if I will build add a new 100 shower complex with 30 metro tube stations, it would take a lot of space on the big map. It is nice being past the excavation phase, so much joy with tinkering and starting to build fancy things.

Showers had always worked fine for me in the last 4 years.

image.thumb.png.d8197163592af136094862d42fb18bf8.png

image.thumb.png.68094b1a93586e08224d829ff2aa0966.png

The *thump noise* of dupes dropping out of tubes always makes me think of ...

image.png.15d932b7e851f214614eb4415ef171c6.png Every shower unit should come with a punch bag :boxing:

On 12/1/2021 at 3:29 PM, goboking said:

I was reworking the piping in my colony and noticed that my dupes aren't showering anymore.  I have no idea how long this has been the case, but even sopping wet and soggy feet aren't prompting them to shower.  They have access to the shower, the shower is properly plumbed, and there's ample time for them to rinse off during either bathtime or downtime.

With save file and screenshots others may investigate, hope you get it sorted/fixed :p :bee: Good luck !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...