Night Light not working with Fire Staff anymore

I have no idea why Klei removed this feature in DST, but apparently Night Lights are trash now that you can't use a Fire Staff to light them up anymore.

20211103054928_1.thumb.jpg.bf672f20ff4ccef851c7660759125a81.jpg

I initially thought it can't be lit up when it's Wanda / when the Night Light is on a boat, but then I experimented with Warly.

20211103055222_1.thumb.jpg.67af899f3bb97c9cdcf30dcb1c68611c.jpg

Ah well, time to change the content on the wiki once again.

1 thing why i like the fire staff is when there is 1 "anti grief mod" is on the server that tells everyone who has burned something and what object it was and its so funny if i use the fire staff on a fire pit that mod says how i burned the fire pit whit an fire staff as to say i destroy it wich you know i cant

no reason why this shouldnt work. night lights and firestaves are both niche items, night light obviously being the more niche one, basically bordering on useless/pointless aside from decorative value. Anything that makes them more useful should be welcomed with open arms. arguing that it doesnt make sense for a magical fire staff to light a magical torch in a video game is dumb lol. 

17 hours ago, Ohan said:

no reason why this shouldnt work. night lights and firestaves are both niche items, night light obviously being the more niche one, basically bordering on useless/pointless aside from decorative value. Anything that makes them more useful should be welcomed with open arms. arguing that it doesnt make sense for a magical fire staff to light a magical torch in a video game is dumb lol. 

unfortunately for you things can make sense wheter you like it or not and do not require your permission to do so.

recent updates to a certain cookbook have shown quite a lot of people are in favor of a minimum of believable mechanical consistency in dont starve and everyone knows nightmare fuel is not real fire.

24 minutes ago, Well-met said:

unfortunately for you things can make sense wheter you like it or not and do not require your permission to do so.

recent updates to a certain cookbook have shown quite a lot of people are in favor of a minimum of believable mechanical consistency in dont starve and everyone knows nightmare fuel is not real fire.

Who's to say the fire staff shoots real fire? It requires two nightmare fuel to craft and has no evidence of anything to show it's a normal realistic fire. No ignition system, no visible fuel, it just creates what looks like fire out of thin air.

Archived