Good Wortox Starting Farms?

I've wanted to play wortox for a while now, but I've had one thing stopping me. I do not know how to get an easy sustainable meat farm with him in the first 20 days. Usually I spend the first autumn exploring the map and hammering pig houses so I can build a pig farm, but wortox obviously can't do that because racism. What's another good way to get meat early on? (I would much rather have regular meat as opposed to monster for jerky purposes)  

Alot of mobs that have low hp (spiders for example) would be good enough for farming souls for food, though kohlaphants, beefalo, and cartoons could also provide meat if this is all you desire.

Though I will say that with any farm for Wortox, make sure you have no souls going in to it as you don't  want to be just constantly over gaining souls and thus stunning you which could lead to disaster.

1 hour ago, xhyom said:

Move moleworms closer to your base, you just need to shovel the burrows in the day and put them in the ground at the right spot

Wait how exactly do you do this? When I shovel a Moleworm burrow up it’s just gone from the world forever.. 

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wait how exactly do you do this? When I shovel a Moleworm burrow up it’s just gone from the world forever.. 

bonk the moleworm, dig up it's hole and then drop it down where you want to relocate. After a few days it should make a new one.

I believe you can also bring it to the caves and then back to instantly disconnect it from it's den, if you want to quickly increase moleworm numbers rather than just relocate. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

You need to keep the moleworm alive until he makes a new burrow, you can either hammer him to stun him or dig it on daytime when he's sleeping in the burrow, i prefer to dig the burrow at daytime so i don't lost track of where he belongs to because if there's multiple ones closer and i destroy the wrong den they will try to return to his own no matter how far it is

1 hour ago, Mantispidae said:

bonk the moleworm, dig up it's hole and then drop it down where you want to relocate. After a few days it should make a new one.

I believe you can also bring it to the caves and then back to instantly disconnect it from it's den, if you want to quickly increase moleworm numbers rather than just relocate. 

It takes just a few seconds actually, but WOW, never thought of bringing it to the caves then disconnecting it from the burrow, that's actually really really good

For the first 20 days you can just punch things for their meat. Catcoons, volt goats, pigs, koalefants. Wortox can still make pig farms, he just needs to put in a little more effort to use an oven design. He can also just make goat farms the same as everyone else.

Time for my post to shine...?

A few tips for rushing my farm design in the early game:

• Carrots grow throughout winter, so if you are short on carrots for the hutches during early autumn, you can feed a bird some carrots and diligently mass-produce from there. A diligent harvest cycle will technically yield 36 carrots + 72 carrot seeds (or you can try getting 49 carrots + ~40 seeds due to the loss from the overcrowding stress point, which is still viable anyway)
  • Rocks are the scarcest resource for this farm design, so you should get started on rock hoarding as soon as possible.
  • You can start small with just one rope at every tile (instead of 2-3 ropes like how I did in my farm design) and it will work just the same. Just time your switch on the flingo after about 20-24 seconds and you should be good. The remaining bunnies (frozen from the flingo effect) that didn't die from the fire will die in one spear hit anyway.
  • If you do not have time to collect grass for rope, grass tufts / saplings work just the same (total of ~50 tufts / saplings), and you can replace them / stack them with ropes anytime after that.
  • You can also start small with 5-8 hutches, and eventually you can grow the farm from there when you amass enough bunny puffs and farm way too many carrots.
  • Hunger dish - Meatballs (1 meat 3 carrots), Health dish - Spicy Chili (2 meat 2 carrots). Personally I'd wait 2 days so that my meat can become Jerky (12.5 hunger, 7.5 sanity, 10 health per Jerky)

From my experience, bunny farms are more worthwhile if your issue is mainly food, since they respawn every day and you can rush for the materials starting from day 1. Just be careful not to be near them during dusk / night in the caves, and make sure you kill each one after hammering down their hutches. I also think that Wortox is better off making a bunny farm than a pig farm since the accessibility of souls for soul hopping makes him much easier in mapping out the world.

If your issue is not meat, then I'd recommend pig farms since they net you a few football helmets / hambats every 4 days which is by far the better option for me.

- If you place Chester near a couple mosquito ponds, the mosquitos will attack him until they explode, giving souls and blood sacks. This has been mentioned by a different user in the unknown mechanics thread.

- Place Anenemy's near a frog pond to auto kill them for souls and frog legs. Helps to place them in between some fences to force them to go through them.

14 hours ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

... I do not know how to get an easy sustainable meat farm with him in the first 20 days. ... What's another good way to get meat early on? (I would much rather have regular meat as opposed to monster for jerky purposes)  

For fresh worlds that have a decent amount of players on it, doing koala hunts is a decent to be more of a team supporter.  You can still feed pigs monster meat by baiting an attack and then going up and feeding it; it will still be hostile after so be weary of its attacks.  Some maps have tallbirds in a nice location, and provide a decent early game chunk of food with some effort of not getting hit.

When I play Wortox, my goal is to get a tam first winter to negate most sanity issues and be sustained off of souls after making food moot.  Butterflies are a real power play for early game to keep teleporting and exploring and sustain.  First winter and you'll want to have some spiders nearby for the drops and souls, and most other people will also want some spiders nearby for their items too, but you're using them for the food source of souls.  The rest of the game is mainly the same of gaining souls and munching them, and if you're particularly not wanting to do a lot of effort later you can keep stacks of live butterflies in your backpack to murder later for the soul boosts; don't forget to feed them their own brethren's wings on the stack.

Well first of all i know u r doin this to avoid insanity but u really should consider at least mix up ur diet with a couple souls instead just meat 

but talkin about really strong meat values start game koala hunts and goats are the more significant so base around oasis or next a hole which links close there to hunt goats 

plus cactus can restore the sanity u will lose eatin souls 

another way but a lil bit more sketchy is consider transform pigs in werepigs usin monster meat from spiders instead just random loot pigs u can kite em to feed 4 monster meat between attacks easily

and for the last tip consider cook wisely  meat stews [u want meat for those right?] usin the 3 points necessarily 1 large meat 1 monster meat 2 small meat[ can be frog legs for example, or fish] so u still gains 75 hunger points even with small ones in ur freezer

Archived