Things i'd like to see implemented/more developed

Just a list of some random thoughts i had playing the DLC:

-More use to sucrose and sulfur: Some examples: Fuel for wood burner; Medicine ingredients; Table sugar

-Robominer able to kill critters (why not?)

-Some uses for cool/warm vest... maybe being able to equip more than 1 vest would be enough (for example snazzy + warm)

-Barbecue nerf + a real reason to make late game food

-Less water geyser/vents on starting map

Damn i had more in mind but i forgot.. will edit the post later :P

Sulfur is great for resin, if I was to make a mega farm of food for resin, I'd put 2 farmers 1 cook and feed that tree, I think you could burn the whole sulfur geyser just on that planet. Unfortunately I am too lazy to try it even in sandbox.

I could argue barbeque is not that great in late game because critters eat up your pc and lose frames, or you could use barbeque for hamburgers. But berry sludge is really the best if you don't wanna have the hassle with deep frozen think.

For robominer you could use a mod, I know there was a discussion about this, there should be a mod.

They gave so much water right now because the dlc is still not ready and they wanted at least to give resources while we endure the bugs, crashes and low framerate late game, grinding on a cool steam vent wouldn't be a thing to enjoy, so the game is fairly easy having first and third planet with frozen biomes, under -30 just because everyone should have a nice time.

For surcrose I would like to have candies or some type of desert. Imagine rocket fuel as being edible.

There is a mod that creates robo-laser which kills creatures (it is convenient to have both as you need robominer in the shove vols farm NOT killing them but destroying tiles they create). I did find a very small use of this robo-laser (to the point I will de-install the mod). So the current robo-miner is just fine.

Sulphur - there is a shortage of it if you feed the resin tree properly.

Barbeque nerf is not needed. With the recent vacuum nerf the best food is berry sludge. I completely shifted all food production to this one. Bye bye nice stakes and fish&chips.

I want more water geysers/vents - if you play 1k+ cycles and have a very large population - water is the real bottle neck. Especially when Klei removed another option to generate water/steam from launching/landing steam rockets (introduce the fuel consumption by going to the low orbit). As someone thought and complained that it was not fare that some players generate water from this. And yes I know about arbor trees loop.

I do not understand people who is asking to reduce geysers/vents/resources/volcanoes. If you do not need them, just seal them and do not use. What is the problem? Or go to moo asteroid and build the main base there - there is only chlorine volcano there. as an option Klei can offer another map with the harsh environment start. There is one in the vanilla game but I do not recall many people enjoyed it.

I guess Klei has a lot on their plates to deal with - r/a things are not completed, mutated plants are not completed, automation is going in the right direction and almost there but not completed.

3 hours ago, M4ndatory said:

-More use to sucrose and sulfur: Some examples: Fuel for wood burner; Medicine ingredients; Table sugar

In the description for sucrose it is mentioned that it gets some use for food, which isn`t implemented yet. I imagine they could add a recipie for the musher to make sugar snacks (maybe with salt). Also cake.

-Robominer able to kill critters (why not?)

You can actually use radbolts to kill critters. I`d prefer to have a specialized building though; with critter age filter and stuff.

-Some uses for cool/warm vest... maybe being able to equip more than 1 vest would be enough (for example snazzy + warm)

Firts of all those need to be fixed. The warm sweater slows heat exchange and the cool vest increases it. The effect is that the warm sweater helps against both hot and cold areas while the cool vest makes matter worse in both scenarios. After that is done then clothing checkpoints would be nice (especially if they were just a 1 witdth wardrobe).

-Barbecue nerf + a real reason to make late game food

I`m not sure if that`s needed. I`d rather see some skill addjustments so that you`d want dupes with higher morale requirements lategame. Or maybe add a really stressing task. Or (crazy idea) make the resin tree produce more sap when fed high morale food.

-Less water geyser/vents on starting map

I`d leave the current easy maps as they are and instead add harder starting asteroids with less water.

44 minutes ago, KonfigSys said:

I do not understand people who is asking to reduce geysers/vents/resources/volcanoes. If you do not need them, just seal them and do not use. What is the problem? Or go to moo asteroid and build the main base there - there is only chlorine volcano there. as an option Klei can offer another map with the harsh environment start. There is one in the vanilla game but I do not recall many people enjoyed it.

This!  Anyone who wants a nerf like that can just confine themselves to not using a vent, or geyser.  It's not that complicated at all.  Are they doing so?  If not, then they probably wouldn't enjoy a nerf.

1 hour ago, ZnSstr said:

I could argue barbeque is not that great in late game because critters eat up your pc and lose frames, or you could use barbeque for hamburgers. But berry sludge is really the best if you don't wanna have the hassle with deep frozen think.

Yeah forgot about berry sludge. My main issue with food in general is there are a couple of op recipes that make pointless (despite pure self gratification) to make other types of food: Super early game mealwood --> pickled meal --> almost does not rot

Earrly mid meat --> barbecue --> lime; plastic; coal, and tonz of morale.

Rocketry --> berry sludge --> unlimited storage (and more than enough morale)

44 minutes ago, KonfigSys said:

I want more water geysers/vents - if you play 1k+ cycles and have a very large population - water is the real bottle neck. Especially when Klei removed another option to generate water/steam from launching/landing steam rockets (introduce the fuel consumption by going to the low orbit). As someone thought and complained that it was not fare that some players generate water from this. And yes I know about arbor trees loop.

i like lots of water too, but i don't like having basically all of it (almost) in the starting planet

18 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

In the description for sucrose it is mentioned that it gets some use for food, which isn`t implemented yet. I imagine they could add a recipie for the musher to make sugar snacks (maybe with salt). Also cake.

You can actually use radbolts to kill critters. I`d prefer to have a specialized building though; with critter age filter and stuff.

Firts of all those need to be fixed. The warm sweater slows heat exchange and the cool vest increases it. The effect is that the warm sweater helps against both hot and cold areas while the cool vest makes matter worse in both scenarios. After that is done then clothing checkpoints would be nice (especially if they were just a 1 witdth wardrobe).

I`m not sure if that`s needed. I`d rather see some skill addjustments so that you`d want dupes with higher morale requirements lategame. Or maybe add a really stressing task. Or (crazy idea) make the resin tree produce more sap when fed high morale food.

I`d leave the current easy maps as they are and instead add harder starting asteroids with less water.

I like the resin tree one a lot actually

a lot of water is on ocean asteroid and some on regolith....

and I want even more :D.

Ok the current maps are just fine and they are marked as an easy start. I have no doubts that Klei will come up with hard maps at due time (like it was with the vanilla game).

On 10/2/2021 at 3:43 PM, M4ndatory said:

Yeah forgot about berry sludge. My main issue with food in general is there are a couple of op recipes that make pointless (despite pure self gratification) to make other types of food: Super early game mealwood --> pickled meal --> almost does not rot

Yea, the game design encourages mono-diets.  It's not good.  Fortunately, this game isn't a cooking/eating simulator.

What I would like to see added is a stirling power generator as an early game tech, on par with the coal gen.

You connect one side to a colder biome and the other to a warmer one.The generator would then equalise the temperatures, providing power based on the temp difference.

It would help with the supersustainable achievement given that the only feasible power source you can use early on, for the supersustainable achievement, are hydrogen gen's.

Archived