Poll: What is your main method of killing Ancient Guardian?

What is your main method of killing Ancient Guardian?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. What is your main method of killing Ancient Guardian?

• I mainly use pillar cheese to kill Ancient Guardian.
    • I mainly use my uber l33t kiting skills to kill Ancient Guardian.
    • I mainly use Walter to slingshot Ancient Guardian to death.
    • I mainly use Houndius Shootiuses to kill Ancient Guardian.
    • I mainly use anenemies to kill Ancient Guardian.
    • I mainly use gunpowder to kill Ancient Guardian.
    • I mainly kill Ancient Guardian by tanking it.
    • I mainly use mobs to help kill Ancient Guardian.
    • I haven't killed Ancient Guardian yet but I plan to in the near future.
    • I have no plans to go and kill Ancient Guardian.
    • Who/what in the world is Ancient Guardian?

There isn't an option here about my strategy, which i can understand why. 

When my friends wanted to explore more the game, at one point in the ruins they encountered the ancient guardian. They were already familiar with the ruins but they didn't knew there was a ruin boss!

So they fought him, without spoiling or backseating them. After many rounds, they were angry and frustated. They couldn't understand how to fight it properly, saying it's very junky, broken, buggy, absolutely bad designed, ecc.... After that i revelead them all about Ancient guardian, exploits, ecc.... They didn't feel to use the pillary exploit because (their words) "shouldn't be like, an important boss of the game if it gives you a special important key? Isn't this kinda cheaty? Why klei didn't rebalanced him?" 

In any case i was already prepared for that occasion. I proposed blow darts, so we farmed them and after real life days we re-fought Ancient Guardian just with blow darts. Now it's very expensive but let me tell you, it's really darn fun. It feels like "la corrida" but with Ancient Guardian lol. 

I suggest it for those who want to do it legit! 

But yeah klei it's been 7 years, come on.....

Pillars / graves arent always in good position, thats why mostly when i have to solo it i push myself out of map bounds and hit the boss while in the void, then i /rescue for the killing blow inland so the horn does not drop into void. Boss cant reach you while you are in th void but you can still hit the boss

Archived