My Thoughts on Wanda! Plus 1 Mundane Nitpick

3 minutes ago, X-lem said:

My nitpick: Remove the health increase sound every time she ages. It breaks the illusion that it's an age meter and just makes it seem like a health reskin. And it's a bit annoying :/ Maybe replace it with a subtle clock theme sound.

It's a health loss sound not health increase.

Also: Please no, we've discussed here in detail here.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:24 AM, Owlrus said:

They could probably make Wanda refuse to tear apart any Ageless Watch with her tools. After all, why would she deconstruct what can be amounted to as her only way of not aging? I don't personally care that you can get more stuff with the portal, it's just that there's no objective reason to craft more when this is cheaper.

It's still a completely niche scenario very few people will use. No one I know plays according to the celestial portal meta 

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I think is more expensive to waste moonrock than 1.33 thulecite per time piece and as other said, it takes longer meanwhile you can get thulecite in the 1st autumn

That doesnt mean that the portal shouldnt be checked, is dumb to passively build a warly kitchen by just wasting idols to swap to him to make op foods or weeber having an expensive recipe for spidereggs than spaming swaping the portal (anyways you dont need spidereggs but is a flaw in the portal's desing)

You can upgrade the celestial portal in first autumn if you do a lunar island rush.  Plenty of moon rock there.  Plus once you've passed the Shadow Pieces fight you can use the Ancient Skeleton to farm infinite moon rock iirc

1 hour ago, SomebodyRandom said:

It's a health loss sound not health increase.

Also: Please no, we've discussed here in detail here.

I'm pretty sure they said they wanted it changed to something else.  idk - I haven't read that thread - but I think having a gong / chim that is more specific to her aging would be a better reminder than a health loss sound.  I died three times last night with just my age running out while I was going between fights staying in elder form.  Its easy to get distracted once a fight is over and forget you've been at 65+ for a while fighting bee queen.

After reading that thread I don't think we're even really on a different page.  Just something maybe more catching and thematic.  I think having a more noticeable and persistent sound at 78+ would be really beneficial.

I personally don't mind the hp loss sound cues and I hope they don't change that.

However I can see them adding a more urgent ringing for when she only has 5 years left, something from majora's mask comes to mind.

Slowing increasing the frequency of a bell or similar sound would be cool. When you get close to the end of the video the sound becomes far more ominous. 

23 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

After reading that thread I don't think we're even really on a different page.  Just something maybe more catching and thematic.  I think having a more noticeable and persistent sound at 78+ would be really beneficial.

Not really, I want the sound to stay the same because I love the sound and if something were to be changed to keep your attention, then I'd want an overlay, not a sound change. You want the sound to be changed so it can be less subtle and more thematic. We're on completely different pages here.

3 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Not really, I want the sound to stay the same because I love the sound and if something were to be changed to keep your attention, then I'd want an overlay, not a sound change. You want the sound to be changed so it can be less subtle and more thematic. We're on completely different pages here.

So you literally are saying "If a character is gaining age it MUST ABSOLUTELY BE THE EXACT SOUND for losing health" ? lol

5 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I personally don't mind the hp loss sound cues and I hope they don't change that.

However I can see them adding a more urgent ringing for when she only has 5 years left, something from majora's mask comes to mind.

Slowing increasing the frequency of a bell or similar sound would be cool. When you get close to the end of the video the sound becomes far more ominous. 

TBH, I think it would be really nice for Wanda's passive aging to have a more clock-like sound, for no reason other than atmosphere though. And I agree that it would be really neat for Wanda to have a more urgent sound when she's almost dead, I was thinking something more akin to how Minit handles it, if anyone's ever played that game

Archived