How many Dubs are there. I know when they die you can get their name again.

On 9/4/2021 at 10:17 PM, Rudiarose said:

How many Dubs are there? Is there a limit? Has anyone tried to find out?

The list of names, skins, skills and traits, are on the wiki.

https://oxygennotincluded.fandom.com/wiki/Duplicant

Note that there's no relation between name/skin & skills & traits. It's randomized.

There's no limit. If you welcome more duplicants in your base than there's names & skins available, it loops back and starts to include older names & skins you already got.

10 hours ago, OxCD said:

Note that there's no relation between name/skin & skills & traits. It's randomized.

Actually I am almost certain that stress and overjoyed responses are bound to certain duplicants, for example Abe will always be an Ugly Crier and an Ballon Artist.

6 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

This is correct, but @OxCD was talking about skills and traits, not stressed/overjoyed responses.

Well pointed. For better precision I should have added that info.

The reason I forgot this is my personal gameplay doesn't care at all about responses. Being too stressed is not an option, and relying on overjoyed is not a viable strategy.

3 hours ago, OxCD said:

The reason I forgot this is my personal gameplay doesn't care at all about responses.

I learned the hard way that destructive dupes should absolutely never ever be made rocket pilots.

Yes i'm looking at you, Nikola...

On 9/7/2021 at 8:31 PM, Xenotrix said:

In my game names is endless. Nikola? Abe? Who is this? At my base there are only 01-Digger, 02-Digger, 03-Cook, 04-Farmer, ... :D

and I have the "Farter", the "Snorer" and the "Lightsleeper"...

On 9/6/2021 at 2:38 AM, OxCD said:

Well pointed. For better precision I should have added that info.

The reason I forgot this is my personal gameplay doesn't care at all about responses. Being too stressed is not an option, and relying on overjoyed is not a viable strategy.

Actually, setting things up to so dupes will often trigger their overjoyed response is quite possible, and a nice boost to add to the productiveness of your bases. Not a 'must have', but a 'nice bonus' When they get triggered. for instance, super productive ranchers.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:10 AM, OxCD said:

The list of names, skins, skills and traits, are on the wiki.

https://oxygennotincluded.fandom.com/wiki/Duplicant

There's no limit. If you welcome more duplicants in your base that there's names & skins available, it loops back and starts to include older names & skins you already got.

It does not list name it only list wants, needs and likes and attributes. I am sure someone must have tried to keep track some where?

2meb6zkrz1p01.png

I found this. All names so we can get them all.

20 hours ago, Rudiarose said:

It does not list name it only list wants, needs and likes and attributes.

Well what about being correct when you're refuting ?

image.thumb.png.687a57ca5e60a0c4e17b3a836926d4dd.png

20 hours ago, Rudiarose said:

so we can get them all.

Pikachu approved.

Off topic... My favourite is Nisbet... Because in last 3 games most of epic task where done by her... Unintended just randomly always one of first dupes with good stats is Nisbet... And names can repeat even if you don't have all names. I had like 12 dupes, when I got second Ellie, from cryotank. Renamed as Alice... Because she also looked the same.

Archived