My personal Wanda 'Theory'

I'm not going to attempt to theorize about what she'll be able to do, and what her mechanics are going to be, instead I'd like to give my opinion on what her standing purpose may be.

I love Wagstaff, which I've made pretty clear, but as much as I yearn for him to get into DST as a playable character, it's becoming more and more hazy of a possibility. I believe that Wanda will fill that void, being a scientist of some sort who, purposely or not, is in the constant to research its properties, quite likely its flow of time, specifically, given what information we already have.

I assume she's likely connected to Wagstaff in some way, however that's not saying much coming from me. 

It's possible that Klei has retconned the known fact that Wagstaff was the one whom Winona attempted to "save" during her animation, which honestly seems pretty likely since the silhouette looks a lot more similar to Wanda than Wagstaff. 

Do not lose faith in Wagstaff, I believe that when the next arc begins / ends we will have him as a playable character. And about Wanda, I'd really like to fill that scientific character void (Wilson doesn't count because he's incompetent) but I really hope the character is interesting and fun, and not another Walter. I'd be pretty mad knowing that a mediocre character is taking the place that Wagstaff could be occupying.

2 hours ago, Dextops said:

give up hope on wagstaff and trust in our wheeler/woodleg overlords

No.

6 hours ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

It's possible that Klei has retconned the known fact that Wagstaff was the one whom Winona attempted to "save" during her animation, which honestly seems pretty likely since the silhouette looks a lot more similar to Wanda than Wagstaff. 

They'll find a way to retcon it.  Personally I can't think of how that would work story-wise since unless Wanda is a colleague or business competitor to Voxola there wouldn't really be a reason for her to be in the factory.  

Wagstaff disappearing the night of the fire is a lore tidbit from eight years ago that the Winona animatic stays in-line with. It would be an incredibly odd thing to retcon after specifically choosing to stick to it.

Unless there's some extremely good reason I don't see the need to go back on it.

Archived