Add a report feature directly to the game please

I just came across a griefer player on steam named "Lunatrope" that is abusing the 'vote kick' button with their friends in a public Klei server (Stinkin' Merm server). I rejoined on day 166 and they keep insta-kicking me even though i am not a griefer and did nothing wrong, I even spawned in at the base. I've spent money on this game and can't even enjoy it because Klei lets anyone grief and the game has no reporting feature. 

sadly adding a report feature could lead to the same thing that the kick feature does griefers mass report someone and they are labeled as a griefer even tho they did nothing its really sad but try playing moderated dst servers (ex:don't fight together) or make your own and play solo or with some of your friends

Not sure what you're expecting here, then you're just giving the same people an outlet to get people banned or whatever. Not to mention, just play on a private world or find a different server. If you've already spent time on a world then yeah that sucks, but it's a public server, 99% of them reset before mid winter anyways.

15 hours ago, Muon369 said:

I rejoined on day 166 and they keep insta-kicking me even though i am not a griefer and did nothing wrong

This is just how klei public servers work. People are going to kick you if the server has been up for a while because they don’t want to risk dealing with a griefer or a new player eating their resources. I honestly can’t blame them, it’s annoying to pause everything you’re doing in the middle of a world because some new person thought it’d be a good idea to join a world that’s been up for 160 days and is in the middle of winter and now you need to babysit them for a few days. (Even if you had been in the server previously, you’re just another mouth to feed to them, and you rejoining could have tossed a wrench in their plans). If you want to play on public servers, you’re going to have to join ones on the first autumn.

Having literally never heard of any of these issues, I have a couple of questions. 

1. What does "public server" mean (or "Klei Owned") in this context? 
  2. Why do people seem to think that if they've behaved poorly before they should be treated the same as people who haven't when it comes to community resources? 
  3. Why are people who've been kicked from a server that doesn't want them there acting like they can't go join a different one?
  4. Why is it assumed that all servers that are whatever "public" (or "Klei Owned") means supposed to be "I can do what I want and you shouldn't be able to say anything about that? 

I didn't get a chance to raise my opinion in the thread about that mod and I'm not clear about stuff. The way I've always seen it is that the person who actually creates, customizes, and launches, the world is essentially "the owner." Whether it's "public" or not, as far as I knew, was whether or not that owner was willing to play with strangers. However strangers they already know and don't want around, I don't see why they should be forced to deal with that. 

As for a "report griefing thing to me seems like a good idea, but at the same time I'd think Klei would need to handle it internally if that's how it's going to go. For example maybe only have a list of things that the person might have done, and if Klei can look into the logs and see they did that, temp-ban for whatever they feel is reasonable. 

That said, is there an "ignore" option? Like if I made a server public, is it possible for me to, if I got griefed, add a persons name to some list when I make a server that says "but I won't play with that person?" If you make such a list unsharable (so it's a personal ignore), and lock and remove threads from the forums (and the discord) that specifically try to aggregate them, I don't see anything wrong with that. 

5 hours ago, Altyrmadiken said:

Why are people who've been kicked from a server that doesn't want them there acting like they can't go join a different one?

To be fair, depending on where you live, there may only be one or two Klie dedicated servers with low enough ping to play on.

Seems like another classic case of "X people/group taking over KLei official servers". I believe this happens with predilection in the Pacific KLei servers, at least from past happenings coming to light on these very forums after players such as OP made complains here. Likewise, from my memory about those incidents, looks like there's a constant same-people doing so. KLei resorted in past to, as spawn traps were possible with ease (before "Griefer Spawn Protection" came into existence), some manual clean-up at Florid Postern when the "hoarding" of said servers was massively reported in real time, but nothing has been done about named "hoarders" - which in itself is another form of griefing. A lot to write/say about such incidents, but for your health and peace of mind, OP, better go for community dedicated servers with active moderation (like Don't Fight Together, Diverse Survivors, Slightly Tilted, Don't Starve Time!, Mighty Beard, DST Moon etc) to have healthy game environments for your DST adventures. That, of course, if you're not some recurrent griefer yourself, in which case better stay off such communities since you will be banned en-mass (they have shared ban lists) in no-time anyway.

Archived