SW boats in DST

Would it be possible to add the SW boats and mechanics (speed) to the DST menu? The speed and different looks of the boats in SW could open up sea travel in DST. The raft in DST is slow and can be difficult to steer when close to rocks and the shore line. Plus, outrunning sharks is near impossible. The Think Tank in DST could be replaced with the Ship icon of SW. Planks and twigs could replace the bamboo and spikey bushes of SW.

Went through a few pages on here and did not see this topic. Hopefully it wasn't buried a little deeper.

There's been a lot of topics and requests asking for SW boats. There aren't any plans for them to come over, especially now that we just got a hefty boat rework.

I don't see the appeal of SW boats... they're like walking but with a reskin. They wouldn't be compatible with any of the DST ocean content either, as it's all built around the idea of rafts being... rafts. A lot of features like Cookie cutters and CK just wouldn't work with SW style boats.

Also I feel it takes away from SW itself if they were to be brought over. I love DST's sailing and I love that it's unique and its own thing!

3 hours ago, DPbandit09 said:

I just like the boats on SW. They can be way faster than the raft on DST.

Well that's the problem we don't need faster tiny dingies from shipwrecked, they are incompatible with the seafaring design of DST.

You may be relieved that the DST rafts will be much faster and easy to control starting today afternoon GMT

Archived