Picking up floating items from land

Hey guys,

My first post here :P

Please help me figure out a way to pickup floating items from a narrow water near my base. I had 2 boats worth of Fleshy Bulbs in a corridor shaped water stream near my base. I cannot build another boat to pick them up because there is no space left and the previous boat locations are now blocked by the floating items.

Is there any bridge type? Will the Fleshy Bulbs float forever? Can I get the items from land using a different technique?

FYI, I'm playing from PS4, so any console commands are not possible.

All the best, 

Alex

this really is a huge problem. they seriously need to introduce an item to fish out drops from the ocean. beside a lazy forager im not sure if theres any other way to resolve ur issue but i doubt a lazy forager used from the shore will be able to pick up everything... 

If u were playing on PC i could recommend this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1819208941 "Retrieve items from the Ocean" by Mobbstar. it allows u to use a regular fishing rod to fish out drops. 

I think its frankly kinda shortsighted of klei to release these big clunky boats without a way to easily retrieve items from the ocean. the boats r fun to sail with but really really horrible when ur trying to collect stuff from the ocean. :wilson_facepalm:

----

i guess u could also use a telelocator staff+focus to teleport stuff out of the water but that just sounds crazy.. A strident trident could actually also work if u have one.. the eruptions can push drops onto land. (but idk how targeting it works on console) and having to kill crabking (and 2-3 gnarwhales) for something as simple as retrieving ocean drops is just as insane as telelocating them.

i think u can also light the stuff on fire with a fire staff to clear the space as a last resort 

Thanks a lot for the many great answers. I also thought about lighting them on fire, but I kinda wanted to retrieve the ~10 fleshy bulbs. Unfortunately, atm I don't have any possibility to use lazy forager or Gnarwail Horn, but I'll give it a few more days to think about it :D

If the items are in a narrow way river like water then Gnarwail Horn is your best bet. Easy to go for, just have a boomerang or blow dart with you when sailing, attack the Gnarwail, wait for it to make a hole on your boat and break his horn with any weapon. Blow the Horn on one side and pick up the items on the other side.
Strident Trident waves will probably cause your boats to move away if you didn't place an Anchor on them.

1 hour ago, Kur0u said:

If the items are in a narrow way river like water then Gnarwail Horn is your best bet. Easy to go for, just have a boomerang or blow dart with you when sailing, attack the Gnarwail, wait for it to make a hole on your boat and break his horn with any weapon. 

If you are on PC, you don't even need a ranged weapon. You can just give the Gnarwail meat (grab the meat and click on the gnarwail with it) and the Gnarwail will swim towards the boat to eat it, at which point you cancel out of feeding it by whacking it on the head.

1 hour ago, Kur0u said:

Strident Trident waves will probably cause your boats to move away if you didn't place an Anchor on them.

The Trident does not create waves. If there is abou 1 tile's worth of free space around the item in question, you should be able to use the trident safely.

3 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

If you are on PC, you don't even need a ranged weapon. You can just give the Gnarwail meat (grab the meat and click on the gnarwail with it) and the Gnarwail will swim towards the boat to eat it, at which point you cancel out of feeding it by whacking it on the head.

The Trident does not create waves. If there is abou 1 tile's worth of free space around the item in question, you should be able to use the trident safely.

He's on console, specifically Ps4, no way to interact with anything in the water. He mentioned there used to be boats around in a narrow space and they sinked with all his fleshbulbs.

Archived