Bought base game on Epic Game Store, can I purchase Spaced out on Steam ?

Hello,

I've bought Oxygen Not included on the Epic Game Store (IMO: worst thing todo, no support, no mods, no custom translations,...).

If I buy the "Spaced out!" extension on Steam, will it be compatible with my base game ?

Or do I have to rebuy the base game on Steam ?

Best regards,

SuperPoney

@SuperPoney

Tricky one :confused: Perhaps someone knows some way how to do it, but as the game has a main menu button "(De)activate DLC" and there is also an automatic base game to (updated basegame/dlc) savegame conversion process happening in the game...To be on the safe side or to get stuff work properly ( at least without tons of headache perhaps )...I would purchase base game and dlc on the same sales platform.

At least that is how I would do it :p

If you have save games saved with the "Local" setting in the the game, then you can grab your save file from your save game folder and copy them in to wherever you have the game installed.

12 hours ago, SuperPoney said:

Can someone please share some info about this?

Maybe you will need to make a request to Klei support to get a clear answer to your question, if you need to buy the game on steam in order to activate the DLC currently. It will probably be available on Epic only when Spaced out DLC is officially released.

18 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Maybe you will need to make a request to Klei support to get a clear answer to your question, if you need to buy the game on steam in order to activate the DLC currently. It will probably be available on Epic only when Spaced out DLC is officially released.

I've already opened a ticket on the support since 05/07/21.

I've opened an another one.

BTW the purpose of this topic was to avoid ticket creation and share the info...

19 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

If its only for mods and translation files, you can try steam workshop downloader and put the downloaded folders into local mod folder. You dont need to use the steam workshop to use mods (and translations are just another kind of mod).

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of this and didn't find this info anywere ! :)

But this is not the purpose of my question is "Is ONI from Epic compatible with Spaced Out from Steam ?"

11 minutes ago, SuperPoney said:

But this is not the purpose of my question is "Is ONI from Epic compatible with Spaced Out from Steam ?"

well, i not tested really but it can be because dlls size look similar each other. aslo i think you should wait little as it can be that they will release dlc to the epic as well

Archived