I have but one gripe with webber as a webber player

Give him an effective way to store and preserve spiders, even if it's a decently expensive craft. In singleplayer its no big deal having a lot of loyal spiders hanging around (with the odd one blocking you for a second) but in a server, he gets in the way of everyone, people have to be careful not to attack a spider, so many shenanigans. A simple place to store them and preserve them would be nice, like a buildable for webby that's a T1 nest, but webby can open and put his own spiders in to act as it's population.

I think with multiplayer its kinda a balance within itself if you decide to control a lot of spider.

I don't play multi but is there a reason to have more, than say, 3 nurses on you?

I may be wrong but cant you decorate a nest and wall it in to keep some spiders from getting out?

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

I think with multiplayer its kinda a balance within itself if you decide to control a lot of spider.

I don't play multi but is there a reason to have more, than say, 3 nurses on you?

I may be wrong but cant you decorate a nest and wall it in to keep some spiders from getting out?

not necessary getting out but be friendly towards all players besides webber

8 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

3 nurses is good, but with combat spiders even 10 can be a nuisance to other players trying to use the same facilities as you. Having a static storage that keeps them alive (not recovering "freshness", just halted) and out of the way would let webber keep a decent amount of spiders without impacting other players experience.

I've noticed this issue as well but I believe, given all the buffs Webber received, that this is the main way to counter them out: You can't do everything while also keeping 20+ spiders around. You either switch perma-defense and immortality webber mode, or working and other players friendly Webber mode.

You currently have 3 ways to "handle" a group of specific spiders you want to put away to keep using for later:

1. If you need them to go away briefly, pick them up and store them in chests or backpacks on the ground. I say briefly (less than a couple of days) because while on the chest they will starve and may die if you don't grab them again. This is the easiest and cheapest method, with the con of being limited in time.
  2. Early Game, Intermediate: if you need to put them away for longer but you are still in the early game, you can put 4 nests in a square pattern, decorate them, and pen the whole area in fences or walls. You can  leave your spiders there and dismiss them with the shoo box. The decorated dens will prevent them from escaping the pen. The larger the pen, the more decorated dens you will need to cover the walls area.
  3. Mid-late game, more expensive but more efficient: You can pick your spiders, bundle them and take them with you bundled, or store them away anywhere. This is mostly an "instant army" package: just open, feed and use. As a con it requires having defeated Bee Queen, and getting a bunch of waxed papers + meat.

Regardless, I think in the very late game you can make a mix of all the points depending of the situation, paired with just crafting new spiders through cookies.

TL;DR: To be honest, I don't think this point requires Klei's intervention.

21 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

1. Early Game, Intermediate: if you need to put them away for longer but you are still in the early game, you can put 4 nests in a square pattern, decorate them, and pen the whole area in fences or walls. You can  leave your spiders there and dismiss them with the shoo box. The decorated dens will prevent them from escaping the pen. The larger the pen, the more decorated dens you will need to cover the walls area.

This is what I meant. @SolarizedPhoeni

9 hours ago, SolarizedPhoeni said:

Give him an effective way to store and preserve spiders, even if it's a decently expensive craft. In singleplayer its no big deal having a lot of loyal spiders hanging around (with the odd one blocking you for a second) but in a server, he gets in the way of everyone, people have to be careful not to attack a spider, so many shenanigans. A simple place to store them and preserve them would be nice, like a buildable for webby that's a T1 nest, but webby can open and put his own spiders in to act as it's population.

This exists already people just don't feel like doing it make a friendly spider den and wall it off with a gate.

37 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

just pick them up you can just do that and drop them later loyal spiders stay loyal even if you change cave if i remember corect

This is actually isn't true the way it works is kinda crappy tbh what really happens is the game will remember the loyalty of the spiders who are near where you disconnected(very near) if your spiders wander away while your disconnected you lose loyalty even if their in visual range.

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

This is actually isn't true the way it works is kinda crappy tbh what really happens is the game will remember the loyalty of the spiders who are near where you disconnected(very near) if your spiders wander away while your disconnected you lose loyalty even if their in visual range.

in fact its in a way true just pick them up and tehre save

Indeed personally I find it makes the most sense to only bring nurses between shards unless your fighting a boss normal spiders and warriors kill everything just fine.

Edit: and the ruins give you so many dwellers that you can kill anything that looks at you funny in seconds.

But on a side note the scariest thing about the ruins with webber is watching your entire army getting stolen by monkeys lol...

16 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

But on a side note the scariest thing about the ruins with webber is watching your entire army getting stolen by monkeys lol...

Hold on... splumonkeys can pick up spiders?! :lol:

that sounds like an unintentional feature lmao

Archived