Minimal Uranium Ore based research set-up

I have not seen this here yet, so I thought I would post it.

Not the most powerful at 16 Radbolts/cycle and there is likely room for improvement, but all it takes is power and 800kg 3200kg of Uranium Ore and it is dead simple.

Edit: The doors are made from Uranium Ore.

001.thumb.png.d4f59d039bebcf4d60e9b842cb12a984.png

11 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

Can you hide 100kg of uranium ore in each door? or would they fall off on the side?

Items don't produce radiation. I think only tiles do, so open doors probably don't.

If buildings did produce radiation, you could try thermoplates.

9 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

I just don't get where the radiation is coming from

Closed mechanized airlock and manual airlock made of uranium ore, radiate. The original post should say 3200kg though and not 800 :p

1 hour ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

Can you hide 100kg of uranium ore in each door? or would they fall off on the side?

The doors are made of Uranimum Ore.

51 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

The original post should say 3200kg though and not 800 :p

Ah, true. Fixed.

1 hour ago, Galifrey1965 said:

I am getting 130 radbolts/cycle with 4 wheezeworts and those wheezeworts also cool my thermo regulator which freezes my food storage

Obviously an overly complicated design....

4 minutes ago, Gurgel said:
50 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

The original post should say 3200kg though and not 800 :p

Ah, true. Fixed.

Aaaah there you go, now it all makes sense.

I like the design and its simplicity. I am assuming it would be a viable option mostly for classic starts? Uranium ore is gated by space travel in Spaced Out start and there would be other more accessible alternatives in that case.

11 minutes ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

I am assuming it would be a viable option mostly for classic starts? Uranium ore is gated by space travel in Spaced Out start and there would be other more accessible alternatives in that case.

Yes, this is simple in classic start. But nothing prevents use of it in the regular start, unless you are a fan of complicated machinery. 

20 hours ago, Galifrey1965 said:

Yeah, it's horrendously complicated :roll:

You are omitting the part were you farm the phosphorite. Just showing a partial design and not mentioning the missing part can always give the illusion of simplicity.

1 minute ago, Gurgel said:

You are omitting the part were you farm the phosphorite. Just showing a partial design and not mentioning the missing part can always give the illusion of simplicity.

Yeah because digging Phosphorite is soo much tougher than getting uranium.... I think the 69 tonnes of it I have will tide me over, roughly 4312 cycles. In case I haven't finished my research by then I still have 4 Chlorine Biomes to clear out....

:lol::lol:

1 hour ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

You can also plant them with pips, at least 3 close to each other, so no phosphorite input required. Wild pips can do the planting, which means no need to ranch pips and no need for complicated machinery.

I considered this myself, but as I wanted to use them for cooling as well, I decided to plant them instead for 4x the output.

19 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Forest, Jungle, Sandstone, and Swamp all have tons of natural phosphorite, so every Spaced Out start currently should have a decent amount, and Drecko farms are trivial. Getting four wort seeds is harder than getting hundreds of cycles worth of phosphorite to feed those four.

Archived