Most of the Webber rework doesn't seem to work as expected (Analysis, suggestions and Complaints)

23 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Also, putting spiders in your inventory seems kinda pointless?

You could carry them between shards. Also, if I am not mistaken, picking up spiders removes their hats so it could be a nice way to collect hats after boss battle. The only problem is that the befriended spiders don't sleep during the day and pan flute seems too costly for that, it would be nice if there were an item that could put spiders to sleep or if webber could always pick them up

5 minutes ago, tin04ka said:

You could carry them between shards. Also, if I am not mistaken, picking up spiders removes their hats so it could be a nice way to collect hats after boss battle. The only problem is that the befriended spiders don't sleep during the day and pan flute seems too costly for that, it would be nice if there were an item that could put spiders to sleep or if webber could always pick them up

Apparently the shard thing was marked as fixed in the bug report so moving spiders between shards may become possible in the next hotfix I think

As for putting them to sleep the shoo box will unfollow them and they'll go to sleep but again you lose all your followers that way personally I feel the shoo box is kinda pointless as the main time you'd want to use it is when your spiders accidently start a war with your farming spiders but if you do that you lose ownership of all your spiders...

I think it would be neat if cave and spitters can mine. Shattered spiders could chop and dig. Also I just wanna say this was a great rework but like most other reworks it needs a little tweaking but other than that they did a pretty good job.

53 minutes ago, CaRat said:

I think it would be neat if cave and spitters can mine. Shattered spiders could chop and dig. Also I just wanna say this was a great rework but like most other reworks it needs a little tweaking but other than that they did a pretty good job.

we don't really need another resource gathering character because they'll all be outclassed by a big fuckin bear

10 minutes ago, Dextops said:

we don't really need another resource gathering character because they'll all be outclassed by a big fuckin bear

I know everyone would hate it but i kinda wish bearager rather than mowing down trees just threw them at you if you tried to use him for that.

11 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

-

you should start a spider war and check carefully, some monster meats just get eaten before you might realize even you pressing spacebar all the time, spider has some blank time to eat after finish one single fighting somehow, keep shoo isn't practical thing to do.

also, I did this test, some spider just instantly eat meat in 0.3 second after I shoo and wake him up.

I keep mentioning that Wendy is so much better just because the point "in team", any boss become easy peasy enough that Webber spider army might need longer time to grind and fight. Basically spider insanity aura is one of the main reason stopping other character cooperating with Webber in boss raiding, or defending hounds and frogs rain, unless BQ crown is cheap enough to offer everyone for every fight. 

frog rain, maybe ya, Webber spider could be better than Woodie if just talk about protecting Webber himself, but I don't think most players base with Webber for many cases concern. If Webber choose to setup spider far away peacefully, his core job will be nothing but spider war or end up being lone wolf.

follower job are usually done at single mission, permanent follower isn't so attractive reason now as pigs for chopping tree or free meats during full moon, bunnymen for treeguard/depthworm/batlisk. I personally don't use them to raid boss, but it is actually possible to build bunnymen army to raid boss like DF and BQ, and there is already such video many years ago.

Spoiler

maybe bunnymen isn't cheap after nerf loot, but once setup, it's also permanent, and they are alternatives too good as spiders may do.

5 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

you should start a spider war and check carefully, some monster meats just get eaten before you might realize even you pressing spacebar all the time, spider has some blank time to eat after finish one single fighting somehow, keep shoo isn't practical thing to do.

also, I did this test, some spider just instantly eat meat in 0.3 second after I shoo and wake him up.

I keep mentioning that Wendy is so much better just because the point "in team", any boss become easy peasy enough that Webber spider army might need longer time to grind and fight. Basically spider insanity aura is one of the main reason stopping other character cooperating with Webber in boss raiding, or defending hounds and frogs rain, unless BQ crown is cheap enough to offer everyone for every fight. 

frog rain, maybe ya, Webber spider could be better than Woodie if just talk about protecting Webber himself, but I don't think most players base with Webber for many cases concern. If Webber choose to setup spider far away peacefully, his core job will be nothing but spider war or end up being lone wolf.

follower job are usually done at single mission, permanent follower isn't so attractive reason now as pigs for chopping tree or free meats during full moon, bunnymen for treeguard/depthworm/batlisk. I personally don't use them to raid boss, but it is actually possible to build bunnymen army to raid boss like DF and BQ, and there is already such video many years ago.

Reveal hidden contents

maybe bunnymen isn't cheap after nerf loot, but once setup, it's also permanent, and they are alternatives too good as spiders may do.

Him not doing as much for the team doesn't make him any worse than Wendy and Abigail isn't invincible, unlike spider's in healing hers is overtime so she won't be able to stay in the fight as long as spiders meaning she'll output less damage but yes Wendy is a better team player since sanity will be less of a consideration for non webbers.

You can give Webber a job but since he can do more than farm spiders there's no reason for him to keep that role the whole time even more so if wendy is there to do it for him. Didn't say other methods didn't exist that's like saying Abigail isn't as good as bunnymen I don't really see the point there. 

17 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Him not doing as much for the team doesn't make him any worse than Wendy and Abigail isn't invincible, unlike spider's in healing hers is overtime so she won't be able to stay in the fight as long as spiders meaning she'll output less damage but yes Wendy is a better team player since sanity will be less of a consideration for non webbers.

can one character contribute well enough for a team maybe situational for everyone, but there are too many alternatives way to replace Webber's role and perk given time, it is just so cruel that Webber was having most unique characterics when he was introduced, but he is outclassed by too many things.

fun stuff tradeoff between spider follower and other followers and non-Webber friends, eventually Webber may lose more fun than he would get, having spider army may be fun at beginning, but once you get bored of spider army, there is nothing left.

I've seen a Wurt playing alone all the time in endless public server for 2k game days, he was nice in personal. He abandoned the server one day or somehow server get deleted, then I don't find him playing as Wurt or DST as frequent as previously..

Just now, Mysterious box said:

This right here applies to any character even Wolfgang

It's quite different when these characters doing way too efficient and simple, meanwhile no much downside or tradeoff there. However how good they can be isn't any important in my point.

57 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

It's quite different when these characters doing way too efficient and simple, meanwhile no much downside or tradeoff there. However how good they can be isn't any important in my point.

So how is webber inefficient not being simple isn't a excuse.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

So how is webber inefficient not being simple isn't a excuse.

sigh...  tho we should stop arguing any character doing anything better than Webber or vice versa. I have repeated few times, one of them, spider war farm. Bosses can be hunt down with spiders, may also be easy peasy by holding F.

Webber being lone wolf, spider followers tradeoff pigmen and bunnymen, these are main reasons Webber isn't good character to play in DST in long term. Once you get bored of spiders, everything else is hostile to you except beefalo(no much non-Webber buddy too usually), leave you no choice.

2 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

sigh...  tho we should stop arguing any character doing anything better than Webber or vice versa. I have repeated few times, one of them, spider war farm. Bosses can be hunt down with spiders, may also be easy peasy by holding F.

Webber being lone wolf, spider followers tradeoff pigmen and bunnymen, these are main reasons Webber isn't good character to play in DST in long term. Once you get bored of spiders, everything else is hostile to you except beefalo(no much non-Webber buddy too usually), leave you no choice.

Spider wars will still end up giving more than enough meat for multiple days from one war even if he doesn't get all the drops and the fact he can craft dens means in the long run he'll get more than wendy due to more dens.

Losing access to pigmen is does hurt in resource collection for the first year but that's about it because spiders are self sustaining any combat advantage pigmen and bunnymen offer are completely irrelevant when compared to a self sustaining dps. The only hostile mobs that matter are pigs and bunnymen who are fine as food instead of friends.

Pigs only deal 13 more damage to than spiders and attack at the same rate.

Bunnymen are superior in dps but they can't handle as many bosses as spiders can because they aren't as durable.

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Spider wars will still end up giving more than enough meat for multiple days from one war even if he doesn't get all the drops and the fact he can craft dens means in the long run he'll get more than wendy due to more dens.

Losing access to pigmen is does hurt in resource collection for the first year but that's about it because spiders are self sustaining any combat advantage pigmen and bunnymen offer are completely irrelevant when compared to a self sustaining dps. The only hostile mobs that matter are pigs and bunnymen who are fine as food instead of friends.

Pigs only deal 13 more damage to than spiders and attack at the same rate.

Bunnymen are superior in dps but they can't handle as many bosses as spiders can because they aren't as durable.

well, another video 2016 bunnymen kill dragonfly in 3mins.

Spoiler

followers aren't mean to durable, spider with nurse isn't durable enough while fighting toadstool/bearger/cc/AG, as they are clear in one shot.

among all the methods, spiders army is just so so and not so shiny or attractive at all..

19 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

well, another video 2016 bunnymen kill dragonfly in 3mins.

Reveal hidden contents

followers aren't mean to durable, spider with nurse isn't durable enough while fighting toadstool/bearger/cc/AG, as they are clear in one shot.

among all the methods, spiders army is just so so and not so shiny or attractive at all..

They can fight ancient guardian and many other bosses while fuel weaver, champion, bearager and toadstool might be too much most others than can more than handle 

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

They can fight ancient guardian and many other bosses while fuel weaver, champion, bearager and toadstool might be too much most others than can more than handle 

even they can kill boss AG that we may braindead killing it by holding F, some spider still die to the fight, you literally lose the doodles and friends u grind so hard.

the other bosses isn't much hard to kill without spider anyway.

Just now, gghhrr said:

even they can kill boss AG that we may braindead killing it by holding F, some spider still die to the fight, you literally lose the doodles and friends u grind so hard.

the other bosses isn't much hard to kill without spider anyway.

They don't die to Ag as he can't do enough damage to kill them at this point your splitting hairs it's clear webber is a very powerful character.

They don't die to Ag as he can't do enough damage to kill them at this point your splitting hairs it's clear webber is a very powerful character.

ok so how about these bosses are too cheap that I can kill them with just holding F

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Then why do you even need Wendy, Wolfgang or Wigfrid?

because they are the characters make these fight even quicker and easier with just holding F

also they have friends

Just now, gghhrr said:

because they are the characters make these fight even quicker and easier with just holding F

If you just hold F with wendy abigial will die I don't think this is going anywhere as everytime I bring out why this argument is silly you just keep twisting the scenario saying the fight is even quicker goes back to webber bringing his spiders and doing the fight even quicker than them this conversation just loops.  

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

If you just hold F with wendy abigial will die I don't think this is going anywhere as everytime I bring out why this argument is silly you just keep twisting the scenario saying the fight is even quicker goes back to webber bringing his spiders and doing the fight even quicker than them this conversation just loops.  

Abigail just don't die if you holding F, draw aggro most of the time, Abigail could even help you absorb part of damage.

you are the one can't quit the scenario fighting boss, especially when I explain every details how Wendy and others character enjoy more contents

5 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

Abigail just don't die if you holding F, draw aggro most of the time, Abigail could even help you absorb part of damage.

you are the one can't quit the scenario fighting boss, especially when I explain every details how Wendy and others character enjoy more contents

I've explained how webber counters it and while wendy will hold the aggro on single target bosses using your own scenario aoe bosses exist as well. At the end of the day it doesn't take much work at all to build up webbers horde and once you got it will be hard to lose them in combat meaning he will still stand toe to toe with wig, wolf, and wendy which means he is powerful downplaying this is just silly. 

Lets just agree to disagree I doubt either side is going to convince the other.

I've explained how webber counters it and while wendy will hold the aggro on single target bosses using your own scenario aoe bosses exist as well. At the end of the day it doesn't take much work at all to build up webbers horde and once you got it will be hard to lose them in combat meaning he will still stand toe to toe with wig, wolf, and wendy which means he is powerful downplaying this is just silly. 

you simply lose your army when beager randomly roam into your spider, disconnect from public server, entering cave. those you grind, you have to grind again.

heavy aoe boss maybe hard for abigail and spiders survive, but abigail in smoothe mode require zero casting time to make control entirely reliably. Abigail may resummon quickly again after die, in CC fight, Abigail would further help reducing sanity for free

1 minute ago, gghhrr said:

you simply lose your army when beager randomly roam into your spider, disconnect from public server, entering cave. those you grind, you have to grind again.

heavy aoe boss maybe hard for abigail and spiders survive, but abigail in smoothe mode require zero casting time to make control entirely reliably. Abigail may resummon quickly again after die, in CC fight, Abigail would further help reducing sanity for free

Why would you fight bearager however?

Archived