Split the "Base" menu point

Hey,

Right now a load of stuff is collected in "Base": Tiles, ladders, doors, storages, transit tubes,reservoirs and pods.

My mods also add 6 entrys to it and more coming with the upcoming nuclear mod.

I am starting to get an error about missing slots and also it begins to look overpopulated.

So my suggestion is to move Tiles, ladders, doors to an extra menu point called Base structure or only Structure

I always search for reservoirs in gas/liquid menus, I never understood why they are in Base menu... The same could be said about normal/smart/dispenser storages, they would fit in solid category (currently named shipping)

On top of that, I really hate how decor items are mixed with furiniture. Those are two different things. Decor items do nothing, they just sit there and are pretty, while furniture buildings always have some functionality behind them... I would love to see separate Decor menu.

1 hour ago, pether said:

I always search for reservoirs in gas/liquid menus, I never understood why they are in Base menu... The same could be said about normal/smart/dispenser storages, they would fit in solid category (currently named shipping)

I agee!

1 hour ago, pether said:

I always search for reservoirs in gas/liquid menus, I never understood why they are in Base menu...

This annoys me literally every time i build one of these buildings.

1 hour ago, pether said:

That happens to me quite often too, totally agree with putting reservoirs into gas/liquid menu. Dispenser also

1 hour ago, pether said:

On top of that, I really hate how decor items are mixed with furiniture. Those are two different things. Decor items do nothing, they just sit there and are pretty, while furniture buildings always have some functionality behind them... I would love to see separate Decor menu.

...but furniture, IMHO, does include decor items. But yeah, the furniture menu is a little overcrowded.:beguiled:

7 hours ago, pether said:

On top of that, I really hate how decor items are mixed with furiniture. Those are two different things. Decor items do nothing, they just sit there and are pretty, while furniture buildings always have some functionality behind them... I would love to see separate Decor menu

if I remember correctly, once upon a time in the early versions of the game there were two different menus for furniture and for decor, but then they were combined for some unknown reason.

There is more of that: Wash basins and outhouses are in different menus while you want to build both at the same time usually.

Farming and ranching is under food making that menu a bit overcrowded. Both farm tiles and critter dropoffs are mostly used for other means than food. Probably at least ranching should be separate.

The "stations" menu is kinda wierd. It`s for science stations, suit docks and ranching/farming stations. This kinda makes ranching all over the place. I think this menu should be just for science stuff and suit docks should get a separate one along with transit tubes.

Base menu should be for making rooms and ladders so the basic layout of the base. I`d put storage compactors in a separate one straight away (maybe shipping) as it`s a different purpose.

On 6/23/2021 at 10:56 AM, pether said:

This... THIS!!!!

They just threw stuff somewhere and watched where it sticks.

Archived