[Poll] On Character Powerlevel Perceptions

Ay piskot giatay uy kapoy himo title  

119 members have voted

1. 1. In a singleplayer setting, which characters do you see as strong?

2. 2. In a singleplayer setting, which characters do you see are weak?

3. 3. In a multiplayer setting, which characters do you perceive as strong?

4. 4. In a multiplayer setting, which characters do you perceive as weak?

1 hour ago, Guille6785 said:

wendy's 0.75x damage is absolutely a downside as much as the wendy op crowd in the forums doesn't want to admit it

I dont think anyone has ever argued that Wendy's 0.75x damage multiplier isnt a significant downside. Only that the petal debuff completely negating it makes it an insignificant downside (except for nightmares).

8 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I dont think anyone has ever argued that Wendy's 0.75x damage multiplier isnt a significant downside. Only that the petal debuff completely negating it makes it an insignificant downside (except for nightmares).

Not only the debuff, abigail deals damage too

Sure shadows blablabla but the danger of dealing with shadows is actually dealing with shadows+other stuff, stuff that can be distracted/tanked/killed by abigail.

Also she has 200 sanity and less sanity drain at dusk and night (top hat negates this)

Edit: ofc a character thst has a free and strong body ward that deals with hordes is op in a survival game. Not only that, she also gets one of the best dps on single targets too. Isnt op because nobody dies and you can have a lot of fun being afk killing bosses with exploits. Sure

willow's low max sanity isn't necessarily a bad thing but it does mean you can't go without sanity restoration before going insane for as long as other characters which can be tedious for a new player

That’s actually false because most things don’t fully restore sanity; Wilson’s decent from 90 sanity to 30 is similar to Willow’s decent from 77 to 17, except Willow has more convenient ways to gain sanity through fires. Over the long term, the lower max sanity would lead to less shadow monsters, assuming no sanity recover other than shadow monsters, simply because 17 is a lower number than 30.

17 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Not only the debuff, abigail deals damage too

Sure shadows blablabla but the danger of dealing with shadows is actually dealing with shadows+other stuff, stuff that can be distracted/tanked/killed by abigail.

Also she has 200 sanity and less sanity drain at dusk and night (top hat negates this)

Edit: ofc a character thst has a free and strong body ward that deals with hordes is op in a survival game. Not only that, she also gets one of the best dps on single targets too. Isnt op because nobody dies and you can have a lot of fun being afk killing bosses with exploits. Sure

Well that's why I almost always tried to stay sane as Wendy back when I mained her. She does darksword damage with a fresh hambat (and then some) so there wasn't much of a merit being insane.

I'm starting to care less and less what other characters can or cant do. I just want Wormwood to deal some extra damage with the bramble husk while blooming. 

Rather then nerf some characters lets make them all op. The game's balance was thrown out the window a long time ago anyways lol.

38 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

That’s actually false because most things don’t fully restore sanity; Wilson’s decent from 90 sanity to 30 is similar to Willow’s decent from 77 to 17, except Willow has more convenient ways to gain sanity through fires. Over the long term, the lower max sanity would lead to less shadow monsters, assuming no sanity recover other than shadow monsters, simply because 17 is a lower number than 30.

I said that because willow takes about 20 minutes of darkness sanity drain to go insane (120 to 18) whereas wilson would take over half an hour (200 to 30), I didn't say willow didn't have good sanity management with fire or a faster way to go out of insanity by killing terrorbeaks, I specifically mentioned new players in my example

it's a very small downside, yes, but to say that willow has less downsides than wilson is flat out wrong

59 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

the problem here is people assuming that wendy will always have the petal debuff which is not true, abigail is not glued to wendy, she moves slower than a player with no speed boosts which means she won't buff every single one of your attacks

then there's those fights where using abigail results in extra time wasted micromanaging her which results in a marginal kill speed improvement over a wilson (klaus, toadstool, fuelweaver, rooks and a few others provided you're not autofarming them), the problem here being that if you choose not to use abigail out of laziness you're stuck with 0.75x damage instead of the x1 that a wilson would have

the lower damage against nightmares doesn't affect me when I'm alone because I never have to deal with shadow creatures outside of ruins rushes but when I'm trying to save my noob friends from insanity in pubs then killing terrorbeaks in 20 hits with a flint axe is really annoying

Wendy is a character you've poured a lot of time and dedication into mastering, so if you think she's perfect just the way she is, I'll take your word for it.

I hope you can support me when I ask for some Wormwood revisions too (at least his crafts).

I said that because willow takes about 20 minutes of darkness sanity drain to go insane (120 to 18) whereas wilson would take over half an hour (200 to 30), I didn't say willow didn't have good sanity management with fire or a faster way to go out of insanity by killing terrorbeaks, I specifically mentioned new players in my example

it's a very small downside, yes, but to say that willow has less downsides than wilson is flat out wrong

Saying Wilson has no downsides is overly generous. 

In comparison to Willow, the only circumstance where Wilson outperforms Willow is during winter, when all warmth creating resources have been exhausted, Wilson gets a few extra minutes desperately looking for warmth.  Wilson can't avoid a thermal stone, making a hat, or some other warmth source, Wilson doesn't have an easier time or difficulty getting those resources, and Willow is more efficient at fires. I don't understand why anyone would superficially claim this is 0 downsides. And then there's Willows free lighter, fire immunity, and overheating resistance giving her a comfy winter and spring despite her downside.

But overall, I attest that Willow has less downsides than Wilson, she's only weaker in a specific circumstance where you're already likely to die.

8 hours ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

How did maxwell get less votes on weakness over Wilson?:confused: Boring/Basic =/= weak. I’d argue Wilson’s strength comes from the fact that you DONT have to worry about any quirks like faster hunger drain, can’t sleep, etc that come with every other character. 

That is his intention! He doesn’t need a “buff”! 

The votes are based on how they perform in a group.  Wilson doesn't bring anything unique to his group, while Maxwell can bring resource generation.  In this case boring is weak b/c having a Wilson on the team vs almost any other character is a loss.

Archived