Jump to content

[Spaced Out! Update] - 468097


Recommended Posts

  • Developer

Hello everyone!

Today's patch has more sounds, typo fixes, and further updates to the Mod API. Let us know how the base game is feeling! Thanks.

Changes and Improvements

  • Added rocket flying sounds to rockets on the Starmap
  • Adjust mix of the Starmap music so any stingers/game music that plays conflicts less with the Starmap theme.
  • Adjust mix in Starmap so game sounds are less audible.
  • Correct music plays in the main menu depending on whether Spaced Out! is enabled or not
  • Worldgen: Added new Gravitas props to Teleporter POIs

Bug Fixes

  • Fixed typo in Landing Beacon description
  • Fixed various typos of Beetas and Plug Slugs
  • Dragging the order of mods on the mods screen no longer sends mods to the bottom of the list randomly. Drop position is now also calculated "between" mod entries so it's easier to change the order intentionally

Modding

  • The UserMod2 class now has a `mod` property on it which will contain a reference to the Mod this assembly is being loaded by
  • mod_info.yaml has a new optional field `version`, a string that gets prepended with a 'v' in the UI
  • mod_info.yaml has a new field `APIVersion`. If a mod loads a DLL, this must be set to `2` to indicate that the latest version of the mod system (i.e. Harmony2.0) is being used, otherwise the mod will be disabled
  • mod.yaml has a new optional field `staticID`. If provided, this will be stored on the Mod object for reference, as well as used as the ID provided to Harmony. This can be used to more reliably detect when other mods are installed, regardless of how they were installed.
  • The Mod class now has a field `packagedModInfo` which contains the mod_info.yaml from the loaded version of that mod
  • Mod uploader now shows an error if DLLs from ONI itself are being uploaded with a mod
  • Mod uploader allows selecting whether your mod is compatible with Base Game and Spaced Out!

 


View full update

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

mod_info.yaml has a new optional field `version`, a string that gets prepended with a 'v' in the UI

I entered the forum only to say that this is so cool and solves 90%* of my problems! This is so cool! Thanks!

*90% of remaining 10% is users unable to read printed version in the GUI, but you can't help with those cases

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Correct music plays in the main menu depending on whether Spaced Out! is enabled or not

And now it continues playing (the correct song) if loading a save from the main menu... :-( (only for the base game version. The DLC version loads sounds normally)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer

@Cairath Beat me to it by seconds! :whistle:

Just uploaded a new version of the Mod Uploader.

  • Mod uploader now shows an error if DLLs from ONI itself are being uploaded with a mod
  • Mod uploader allows selecting whether your mod is compatible with Base Game and Spaced Out!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Dragging the order of mods on the mods screen no longer sends mods to the bottom of the list randomly. Drop position is now also calculated "between" mod entries so it's easier to change the order intentionally

When a bug is so old you though it wasn't a bug. thanks for the fix!.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pliers should be a standard part of sandbox/debug as a minimum though. I'm also for a dupe dependent functionality of pliers in regular gaming.

@JRup A dupe operation pliers feature would by extension also work for debug, since debug instant build is a thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

 

@JRup A dupe operation pliers feature would by extension also work for debug, since debug instant build is a thing.

Here's an example of how debug mode has a clear cut advantage: currently, pressing CTRL+F4 enables instant dig and deconstruct commands bypassing the need for duplicant interaction. (I'd appreciate having that in sandbox :whistle:)

So there's that teensy-weensy detail.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...