Fradow

[Exploit] The Toilet Prison: using a Dupe to create a 2kg/s 37°C Polluted Water Geyser

Recommended Posts

babba    1810

Kudos to the Prison Architect! 

I had to get rid of 200 dupes due to too high resource consumption. In batches of 10 I led them in to a steam chamber and made them take the lead helmets off. Other dupes arrived to carry the corpses out, burried the them and then it was their turn. After doing it a few times I started to feel very sad...:chargrined:

Every human and creature life... and life itself should be of value :apple:

Edited by babba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fradow    64
1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

Thank you for sharing your find!
After a little modification (2nd water sieve and smaller door spacing), the circuit produces 3.7 kg/s of water:

Nice build, but how do you go from 2kg/s to 3.7kg/s? It's the exact same space between doors (it's a 6 cells width room).

The 2kg/s output I mentionned was after taking back what's needed to feed lavatories, and is specific to a 0 Athletics Dupe (I forgot to specify that, I'll edit).

For the output, things that should make a difference are:

  • the Dupes Athletics. Faster movement means more lavatories use, but a Dupe too fast might go through doors before the Duplicant Sensor activates to close the door.
  • your game performance. Since AI has a different behavior depending on game performance, it will have an impact (good or bad? I'm not too sure, I'd say bad since AI takes more time taking decision when the game is slow)
  • any modification with the automation. If you can reliably interrupt the Dupe more often in a way that reproduce the bug, you can have a better output. I chose to keep the automation simple, I really don't care about optimizing that build any further, as my hope is that it will get fixed, not to exploit it in survival.
  • having a shorter room. But any shorter than that might run into issues because of overlapping Duplicant Sensors or Dupe going through doors too fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DimaB77    85

It is possible that it only works with such performance in the sandbox/debug. Similarly, there is no desire to check it further. I'm generally against torturing dupes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
babba    1810
15 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

It is possible that it only works with such performance in the sandbox/debug. Similarly, there is no desire to check it further. I'm generally against torturing dupes.

I think the world designers have done a good job if some players perhaps question their own behaviour and game actions ( extincting critters, torturing dupes ) as players for example could be thinking "I need food urgently, mhh, should I really make all critters extinct?". Personally, I like to have things crawling around in the base, it makes the world more lively and lovely - On the other hand creatures take down the game speed and perhaps I need food urgently in certain situations.

Edited by babba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JRup    381
2 hours ago, babba said:

On the other hand creatures take down the game speed and perhaps I need food urgently in certain situations.

I think it depends on how many critters we're talking about, it's not like you're gonna have thousands of critters. Eh, oh well:

I really don't know how many critters it takes to slow down a pc now. I would guess it has to do with pathing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tranoze    310
20 hours ago, Fradow said:
  • having a shorter room. But any shorter than that might run into issues because of overlapping Duplicant Sensors or Dupe going through doors too fast.

As i remember if you have duplicant checkpoint that always automation close, dupe still pathing toward toilet without getting close to it, so theorically you can make super sort room like this.image.png.e1c7e122d15f0bad6e8f45d3f3d5b20b.png
 

20 hours ago, Fradow said:
  • any modification with the automation. If you can reliably interrupt the Dupe more often in a way that reproduce the bug, you can have a better output. I chose to keep the automation simple, I really don't care about optimizing that build any further, as my hope is that it will get fixed, not to exploit it in survival.

If this work, automation also become much more simp, since you no longer need dupe sensor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now