Jump to content

Double shipping 20kg solution. (conveyor bug avoidance...)


Recommended Posts

Hi!

This is a minor post expanding on coping with a minor bug that remains on vanilla.  We could also call this "Conveyor bug or how I learned to stop worrying and love double shipping."

If thermal exchange of shipped material gives you minor inconveniences (aka clogged rails from partial shipments - sulfur from sourgas boilers, salt from salt water boilers, ice ...) then this might be for you.

Spoiler

For more insight on the issue:

And:

 

The issue of partial shipping amounts was lastly fixed in DLC (per patchnotes), but as we know, it will take a while till the patch trickle down economics gets to vanilla, in the meantime here's a very mechanical approach to a better behaved conveyor system (read: it's not perfect but it's something alright).

2749525_DSfull.png.30a9f56b84c45abfe069f9ec844886c2.png

This build is as barebones as it gets (methinks). Left side represents  your material removal as it comes directly from production. Right side is the accumulator/secondary shipping portion of the build. Weight plate is set to 20.1 kg and buffers for 6s. Timer for conveyor loader is set to default but can be adjusted as needed.

1386519695_DSautomation.png.76e151001c84a8259a3e5ac4e207a148.png

Conveyor element sensor is left one tile away from the second chute on purpose. This resends the last shipment for recombining and ultimately allows us to avoid the partial shipment issue.

1825443956_DSshipping.png.894db2d25c222ae11933c5cde0487f5a.png

A conveyor bridge after the chute helps avoid any funny stuff that happens on load.

That's it... no big automation or weird spaghetti. Hope this helps.
 

Spoiler

 

Bonus, fail:

1805051152_DSaltnoworkie.png.ea82eb738b85495c4d19397a32d72338.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, JRup said:

...

That's it... no big automation or weird spaghetti. Hope this helps.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Bonus, fail:

1805051152_DSaltnoworkie.png.ea82eb738b85495c4d19397a32d72338.png

 

 

Oh, noooooo Spaghetti :confused: Can we please have a version with lots of Spaghetti :confused::encouragement:

What would be the best way to create an 200kg rail highway ? Is there any Spaghetti Western tricks for that ? :afro:

Perhaps there is some kind of top-kek solution :confused::confused::confused:

alarms-alarm-clock.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, babba said:

Oh, noooooo Spaghetti :confused: Can we please have a version with lots of Spaghetti :confused::encouragement:

What would be the best way to create an 200kg rail highway ? Is there any Spaghetti Western tricks for that ? :afro:

Perhaps there is some kind of top-kek solution :confused::confused::confused:

alarms-alarm-clock.gif

Skip conveyors and just use sweepers and dispensers in a chain. Sweepers can move 1t per swing, it's by far the fastest way to move debris horizontally without teleportation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hjoyn said:

Skip conveyors and just use sweepers and dispensers in a chain. Sweepers can move 1t per swing, it's by far the fastest way to move debris horizontally without teleportation. 

And far more power efficient if you combine it with weight plates to turn on/off the sweeper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...