How to deal with Moon shenanigans as Woodie?

By "Moon shenanigans" I mean once the mysterious energy is summoned. 

How do you guys deal with the constant full moon? How many people have done it as Woodie? Do you have any advice? The only things I can think of is utilising the forms each full moon, sleeping (not tried it yet), and staying near caves. It'd be nice if I could do stuff like bosses without the constant transformations, but if I have to kill the champion right away then so be it.

Just let me know what advice you have to help me deal with it!

ok so the advice is s̷̢̛̝̲̹̰͔̫͖̘͖̩͉̫̩̖̬͆̏͗̍̿͂̉͐̾̓̀͐̕͜͜ũ̴̡̀f̷̡̧̝͎̪̩̠̠̖̀͒̓͋̃́͗̊̅̈́̈́̆̏̂̊̐̑̆̿́̌̀̔̀̆͑̒͊̚̕̕̚f̴̨̨̱̙͎̝͖̫̳̼̠̪͎̥̜̣̙̰̯̥̗̲̫͕̻̖̺̔̀̐̾̉̉̂̊̏͐͊̾̓͑̆͗͂͛̅̓̈́̈́̃̌̌̈́͊̽͐̆̚͘̚͝͠e̶̬͕̭̲̺̣̰͚͓̱͎͖͕̞̓̃̇̀͆͂͑̅̑̾̀͛̈̏́̅̌͛̿̅͂̀͌̾̈͗̈̄̇̑͂̔͂̄̚͝͝ͅr̸̨̡̡̡̢̛͕̱͎̯̝̙̰̰̭͉͈̘͇̜̮̭̲̳̮͕̜͚̜͎̲̟̮̱̳̠͎͂̌̔̀͒̎̀́̐͛̏͌́̉̿̎̓͜͜

29 minutes ago, splorange said:

if woodie hides in a snurtle shell for a couple of seconds as it transitions to night he can completely avoid transforming

You are galaxy brain. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks! 

About hiding, while that prevents transformation, keep in mind that you should not be in danger for the rest of the night.
Threats like Starvation, Freezing and Insanityetc. are some things you wouldn't want to suffer from.
So, try to keep those in check before using the shell or the bush hat.

* When shadows spot you before you hide; only true for bush hat since it doesn't block damage for the first 5 secs of hiding.

So I tried the Snurtle shell trick, and I always transformed immediately after uncovering myself, even after staying in it for a good 30 seconds (I haven't tried staying in the shell for the entire duration of the night because it is winter and impractical). I wonder if this only happens for the mysterious energy moon, or perhaps a mod is messing it up. I'll try playing around with other items. 

So if I want to do damn near anything I'll have to change character it seems. 

8 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

So I tried the Snurtle shell trick, and I always transformed immediately after uncovering myself, even after staying in it for a good 30 seconds (I haven't tried staying in the shell for the entire duration of the night because it is winter and impractical). I wonder if this only happens for the mysterious energy moon, or perhaps a mod is messing it up. I'll try playing around with other items. 

So if I want to do damn near anything I'll have to change character it seems. 

The bush hat trick is more complicated then that, sadly. If you haven’t turned prior to doing the trick after logging in and you try doing the trick, there will be zero progress on getting the weremeter counter down to 0. The only exception is if it turns day, as it forces the counter to be zero. If you transformed beforehand though, it’s where it gets interesting.

When a full moon comes and Woodie is hidden, it will use the speed of how fast the weremeter was draining right before he transformed back (This is why it’s critical to turn beforehand). Because it also uses the speed specifically, you need to manipulate that too. If you were punching something as moose during a full moon and the weremeter hits zero, it will take 8 minutes for the counter to go down, which isn’t exactly practical. The inverse is also true, however, and as such doing Nothing as a wereform when it’s not a full moon will result in the meter going down in exactly 15 seconds. If you get out of a bush hat/shell too early, it will still turn you, but the weremeter will be lowered accordingly (if you were idle for 7.5 seconds and move, the meter will be at exactly 50).

I don’t recommend doing the trick during a normal moon cycle, as a full moon every 20 days is likely more worthwhile to just endure it and avoid worrying about doing the trick every relog. For the celestial event though, I highly recommend doing it, as the startup cost is 2 monster meat and it will absolutely save you lots of time you would have otherwise had to wait for the wereforms to pass.

@Maxil20 that does sound complicated. So I'm supposed to log off and on, then jump into a bush? I feel like I'm missing a some information. I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to do this, say if I'm fighting beequeen, or the champion, which would be a shame (that's why I was really happy hearing about the Snurtle shell trick). It really does sound easier simply switching character for the time being as I might as well try someone else. I definitely appreciate the effort though, and I'm also curious how you figured that out.

On 6/2/2021 at 5:00 AM, W0l0l0 said:

So I'm supposed to log off and on, then jump into a bush?

It more goes like this:

1. log in

2. Ingest 2 monster meat (or an idol, whatever is easier), and sit still to get the fastest possible drain.

3. After that, you should have the trick in effect. Using a bush hat right before a full moon hits should protect you from turning afterwards if you wait ~15 seconds into the full moon itself.

Unfortunately , because of how the game works, you will have to redo the trick anytime you come out of the caves as well, as you technically log out and log back in whenever you swap shards. This is the main reason I don’t see it as too practical outside of the event, as you would need to play for well over 2 hours in order for the trick to have any significant time saved compared to just raining the wereform or hiding in the caves right before it occurs. In the event though, where it happens every 8 minutes, it’s very usable.

Archived