Can I automate drillcone mining

I'm not sure if I am missing something, but I wonder if I can reduce amount of micromanagement for new drillcone mining operations.

When they reach space POI, I must manually order them to come back, right? Or is there a way not to pay attention to them?

I would guess round trip would bring a minimum of resources but it seems it stays the same as always when you thing it can do something:

always glitching...:lol: (If you visit a space POI using round trip, you need to travel to another hex and visit it again without round trip in order to let the rocket gather materials :hopelessness:)

3 minutes ago, Electroely said:

If it doesn't already work like this, I hope the round trip feature waits until collection is done before steering the rocket back to its departure position.

A meter bar in the resource gathering module? Or...

Maybe it's time for more automation inside rockets? :rolleyes: 

An advanced, late game command module that takes a 3x3 space and let's you calibrate the rocket's journey:

• if longer than x amount of cycles since the last launch, turn back to original destination/orbit
  • stay x amount of cycles in a hex, after traveling x amount of hexes then activate roundtrip to return to original destination
  • if fuel is not enough to return, auto-roundtrip

Of course all these would need a duplicant to push the buttons every now and then :-D

20 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

A meter bar in the resource gathering module? Or...

Maybe it's time for more automation inside rockets? :rolleyes: 

An advanced, late game command module that takes a 3x3 space and let's you calibrate the rocket's journey:

• if longer than x amount of cycles since the last launch, turn back to original destination/orbit
  • stay x amount of cycles in a hex, after traveling x amount of hexes then activate roundtrip to return to original destination
  • if fuel is not enough to return, auto-roundtrip

Of course all these would need a duplicant to push the buttons every now and then :-D

You can flip automation switches.. so no need to drag a poor duplicant as switch pushing tool :D

On 5/21/2021 at 3:51 PM, sakura_sk said:

But we wouldn't be able to center a 3x3 building, meaning symmetry would be wrecked and OCDs would be triggered.  :(

30 minutes ago, goboking said:

But we wouldn't be able to center a 3x3 building, meaning symmetry would be wrecked and OCDs would be triggered.  :(

3x3 x2 is still symmetric :lol: :mrgreen: :eagerness: :mrgreen: :lol: cirtemmys llits si 2x 3x3

Yeah so it does seem like the devs want us to be able to automate rocketry, since they gave us a way to count packet mass. That was sorely needed. But all the rocketry automation is in the world with wires and machines and stuff, so I think they'd need to specifically include a UI element in the trip planning to order the rocket to mine for a given duration/quantity.

Archived