[Spaced Out! Update] - 464434

• Developer

Hey everyone!

Today's patch contains fixes for some common crashes that have cropped up, as well as fixing new seed delivery strangeness related to mutants.

Take care!

Changes

• Sublimation Station emission cell moved one space down to make it consistent with the Oxygen Diffuser and to prevent emissions from destroying solid cells above

Fixes

• Worldgen: Fixed an issue preventing some POIs from being selected.
  • Fix crash when two different mutations of Sleet Wheat or Nosh Bean land in the same spot
  • Fix a case where plant mutations weren't being copied between seeds correctly. This was leading to weird behaviour and crashes in various places. Fixes duplicants dropping seeds when taking from a stack in a locker
  • Prevent Duplicants from fetching multiple seeds of different mutant types. Fixes seeds being dropped if they were in a locker next to each other
  • Fixed crash unpacking Interplanetary Payloads during or after landing

View full update

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 1

9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Sublimation Station emission cell moved one space down to make it consistent with the Oxygen Diffuser and to prevent emissions from destroying solid cells above

Nasty sublimation station !

Please consider spacewalks on comets for a renewable source of ores, and an alternative to volcano taming:

This would give a non-automatable source of resources, such as uranium ore or artifacts. It'd be a very unique gameplay experience since we don't currently have a way to obtain ores, uranium or artifacts.

15 hours ago, Enzium said:

how do you sort different seeds and stack them?

You unfortunately can't... (you mean different as in different mutations and mutant-original, if I'm understanding it correctly, right?)

15 hours ago, Enzium said:

Isn't a seed considered the same for a solid filter?

Seeds weight 1kg so if you set the meter to 1 unit each and put 18 meters, a pile of 18 sleet wheat grains will split 1 by 1.

As far as I've seen, each 18 sleet wheat grain pile generates 1 mutation, so you get 17 mutant (of the same mutation) and 1 original grain/seed in the current build of the game.

In the previous build it was 1 mutant - 17 original

722175685_splitofgrainsalwayslast.PNG.2705f00b9610632931cfa996451a93ee.PNG

We will see what the next update brings :-D

Edit: Or... it was just a visual glitch and the 18 out of 18 mutant seeds of 1 mutation is what actually happening and @Electroely's comment below is right 

Edited by sakura_sk
  • Like 2

n_t_p created a topic in [Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out!] 

you created a topic about it on the right place. it's like the 5th time i see that idea in various non related posts and i personally don't really mind but it's a bit redundant. this is not a bad idea at all though and i'm sure you understand that we all have a few things we want to see come to the game, and we hold ourselves from posting our ideas on any non-suggestions related post .Mostly by consideration to the other ideas that are waiting patiently in the suggestion post.
i really don't want to offend really. it's just that i think that if we all do that this is gonna be a mess and good ideas would be hard to find in that.

your demonstration was really nice btw!
have a nice one

14 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

As far as I've seen, each 18 sleet wheat grain pile generates 1 mutation, so you get 17 mutant (of the same mutation) and 1 original grain/seed in the current build of the game.

In the previous build it was 1 mutant - 17 original

722175685_splitofgrainsalwayslast.PNG.2705f00b9610632931cfa996451a93ee.PNG

We will see what the next update brings :-D

My experience has shown all 18 grains to be mutated (with the same mutation). I like it that way. Strange that you're getting a different result...

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Strange that you're getting a different result...

Maybe I'm not and it's just a visual glitch...? :???: I haven't experimented enough, after it stopped crashing, to be 100% certain.

It seems the first time you get the different mutations, the DNA icon of mutant seed is not always visible. It always gets visible when reloading the save file. Maybe splitting the pile before reloading gives the 17-1 "visual" result (after counting again my mutant seeds, I think you are  right. I lost count of what was planted, stored and still on the analyzer... :dejection: Sorry about that.. )

• Like 1