Dangers of liquid lock used for food storage after the diagonal pick up fix

This picture shows popular liquid lock used for vacuum food storage
However oxygen found its way inside and triggered rotting
Question one - how could oxygen got in there without breaking liquid lock and how can one prevent this from happening in the future?
Question two - what are other, simple designs for vacuum storages (without them being too elaborate or only accessible late game)?

Spoiler

799765528_Image655.thumb.png.bad5acea4de343e65dc6ce6f092403d0.png

I don't have any idea how the oxygen got in but I think you could probably drop some bleach stone in next time. It will still be sterile and there will already be a gas present which might keep another gas from coming in? I've always done it just in case

17 minutes ago, Tiru said:

I don't have any idea how the oxygen got in but I think you could probably drop some bleach stone in next time. It will still be sterile and there will already be a gas present which might keep another gas from coming in? I've always done it just in case

The issue is that it wouldn't be considered deep-frozen like it is in a vacuum.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Could this be related? You seem to have gas in the tile below was well...

there is room below mess hall so gas have to be there
and there is no sublimation station under so it can't be related

5 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

Probably a result of spills and you mopping them up? Make your liquid lock food storage above ground level that should help.

no spills or mopping happened so that can't be it

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

You seem to have gas in the tile below was well...

I think it is highlighted because the tile is selected or the mouse hovers over it. If it was the "broken" tile of the bug it should be just oxygen in the gas overlay (light blue). If blobs of water start breaking like that, then shine bug reactor will have a serious problem :?

There was only this mention of water locks breaking but I thought it was because dupes passed by, not because of small liquid volume

3 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

if pressure is high , it start make oxygen to other side, im assuming you used water lock at there, better use cure oil next time as that may make co2 what not cause issues inside food room

trying to have vacuum, so co2 isnt good either. anyway why oil?

3 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

because if oil  decide make  co2 then you are fine as that not spoil food

with the recent changes, just co2 is not enough to not spoil food - you either need vacuum or sterile atmosphere AND temperature below -18C

Spoiler

Food preservation changes

• Rottable items now have two stages of cooling: Refrigerated and Deep Freeze
  • Rottable items aren't fully preserved unless they are both in sterile atmosphere AND deep-frozen, because temperature and atmosphere effects now stack
  •  

anyway i think you can avoid oxygen to press inside vacuum if other side  is somewhere 1000g, i not remember exact value what is

1 minute ago, yoyo13 said:

Gaz can go through waterlock if your liquid mass is'nt high enough, it's weird...

Here is my noobie like setup.

20210517223153_1.thumb.jpg.c1806fcb27374237ffa218499b86b356.jpg

it not go tho lock but it generates self gas as far i remember

3 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

how do you get the food out the wheezwort room?

Auto-sweeper can supply fridge and eletric grill, so wheezwort room store ingredients and whatever exced fridges capacity, but in the end u must use a fridge.

it is a known issue with water locks (a drop size). If the amount of water is not high enough a gas may sometimes break through when you load the game save.

When you have visco-gel, it will not be a problem. I also suggest you to move away from vacuum storages if they are not absolutely necessary. Klei may remove deep-frozen properties from vacuum and then you need to rebuild the storages.

A simple set-up can be achieved with no hassles. Two-free wheezeworts in CO2/Cl and no spoilage at all.

1 hour ago, KonfigSys said:

Two-free wheezeworts in CO2/Cl and no spoilage at all.

can't do that early without going to the planet with pips :/ and still the food needs to be transported out of the cold room to be accesible by dupes, cuz if they were to enter there they will get cold debuff and wet feet assuming liqid lock was used to allow accves. so i wouldnt call that simple and no hassles 

32 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

can't do that early without going to the planet with pips :/ and still the food needs to be transported out of the cold room to be accesible by dupes, cuz if they were to enter there they will get cold debuff and wet feet assuming liqid lock was used to allow accves. so i wouldnt call that simple and no hassles 

no, you do not need either liquid lock nor dupes going into cold - no debuffs

just a simple mesh door placed horizontally at the cold room top (like a cold pit) and they will go just below the door for a quick food grab which will be two tiles deeper at the pit bottom. As it is a pit you do not need to fill it with CO2 as it will eventually get filled in. When you do not have wheezeworts you can simply put a fridge in the pit (it gives enough buff to preserve normal food for 20 cycles (frozen+CO2).

You do not need pips to plant wheezeworts into agricultural tiles and have a simple phosphorite feeding mechanism.

if you need to see the pic I will send you when next time I am in the game.

Yes, of course vacuum storage is a simple one.

I also posted somewhere on the forum a simple design of the deep freeze room using cold biome - without getting any debuffs - again same technique just one side (which is adjacent to cold biome or heat nulifier-antiantropy device) is made of heat transmitting material - any you can use, even metal doors.

here we are

dupes get some r/a shock - but it is a very short one so it does not affect them - just funny animation

image.thumb.png.abf2fb27beab9163fda3c5fcdf6dc423.png

image.thumb.png.8c33eaa82f9514d01bd0a6993d8d5422.png

ceramic termoinsulated tiles are fine - if you do not have them yet, any termo insulated work but use double layers (or vacuum between if you want some very good insulation

pip planted wheezeworts or planted into agricultural tiles with autofeeding keep the temperature below -20C

if you are at the early stage, you can put a fridge into the box and then replace it with wheezeworts when you dig them out

I have hand washing sinks for kitchen and mess hall so no bacteria on food but also you can drop bleach stone for some Cl vapors to kill bacteria. 

Archived