Dangers of liquid lock used for food storage after the diagonal pick up fix

1 hour ago, KonfigSys said:

simple phosphorite feeding mechanism

i am aiming for resource free mechanism so don't really want to fertilize wheezwhorts, dont know how much they eat before i can get pips

how is the cold not escaping the pit? im wondering

4 hours ago, Parusoid said:

CO2 low thermal conductivity helps with that.

I started in SO Terra  so there were no wheezeworts until teleporting to the next asteroid. I put a thermo regulator in space biome for passive cooling and let it cool my fridge. It's not 1000cycle proofed yet (and next update brought back  conveyor chute research earlier so I changed it a little) but I think it's in the  "easier builds" someone can make before any atomic research is done. Also, dupes don't stay long enough to get hypothermia

7 hours ago, Parusoid said:

i am aiming for resource free mechanism so don't really want to fertilize wheezwhorts, dont know how much they eat before i can get pips

they do not consume much and you need just to get pips to replant wheezeworts (you know that ONE phosphorite fed wheezewort = 4 wild pip planted ones). As you may have drekko farm in future (I always do to produce plastic), you may have endless supply of phosphorite. 

Of course you need to leave  intact 3-4 natural tiles in the pit to plant wheezeworts wild unless you have a mod like I do.

In my pit the temperature at the bottom is -26C and it is +36C outside.(1000+ cycles). Ceramic tiles. No automation is needed.

hypothermia debuff is not something to worry about in any case.

I do not neglect a simple powered fridge for the early game. 20 cycles to rot is not bad when you do not have much food. and even then rotten food = P oxygen or dirt or sand.

wheezewort consumes 4kg of phosphorite per cycle.

two wheezeworts and fully loaded bin of 20t of phosphorite will last 2500 cycles without any extra loading.

Spoiler

temperature outside +27C; temperature in the pit -37C

image.thumb.png.45f50c218381dd591ce8efdcd2731b67.png

and here more end-game like (700 cycles) with automatic phosphorite feeder from drakko farm

minimum pit temperature -40C

obviously it was done before the deep freeze changes and now I would make the cold room smaller

pump at the bottom was left from the time it was water leaking from the roof

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3baf9e17718d74a944080940f03973bc.png

2 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

How did you get worts in solid tiles? Mod?

"Of course you need to leave  intact 3-4 natural tiles in the pit to plant wheezeworts wild unless you have a mod like I do."

although I suggest planting into agricultural tiles with phosphorite feeding. It will require only two wheezeworts and the room will be very cold. This becomes critical when you have a lot of food coming to the pit and all this warm food will increase the temperature.

Archived