An idea for WX-78 rework

I think if WX-78 were to get a rework, I think a module tab would be neat 

Modules that would say, turn him into a rook a bishop ect.

also giving benefiting stats too

though these would be at a price and would not last too long, costing somwhere like 4 gears to 12, some health, and if he doesn't have the gears at the time he would be able scrap off some gears he already has used

Module ideas(?): 

Health module: 2 uses, Gives an extra 100 max health for 2 minutes while giving a passive 2 health per 3 seconds

Crafting: 5 mosquito sacks, 50 health, 8 gears, 5 frazzled wires

Sanity module: 4 uses, Gives an extra 50 max sanity while giving a passive 3 sanity per 3 seconds

Crafting: 10 nightmare fuel, 50 health, 6 gears, 5 frazzled wires

Bishop Module: 2 uses, Turns WX into a bishop for 5 minutes, a bishop with a moderately faster speed and fire rate than a regular bishop doing 50 damage per hit, he may do ranged damage as a bishop, all stats are replaced with a health bar and a meter that shows how long he has as a bishop, if he were to die as a bishop he would get stunned like getting knocked off a beefalo, he will drop a gear and be set at 1/3 of all stats besides health which would be at 50, If he were to run out, all stats will be fine besides his health and hunger, hunger would be 1/3 and the health would depend on how much damage he took as a bishop

Crafting: 10 electrical doodads, 1 fire staff, 9 gears, 20 nightmare fuel, 10 frazzled wires, 50 health

Knight Module: 2 uses, turns WX into a knight for 5 minutes, a knight with faster speed and attack speed, it has an additional 50 health than a regular night and does 59 damage, all stats are replaced with a health bar and a meter that shows how long he has as a knight, if he were to die as a knight he would get stunned like getting knocked off a beefalo, he will drop a gear and be set at 1/3 of all stats besides health which would be at 50, If he were to run out, all stats will be fine besides his health and hunger, hunger would be 1/3 and the health would depend on how much damage he took as a knight.

Crafting: 3 spears, 1 dark sword, 11 gears, 20 nightmare fuel, 10 frazzled wires, 50 health

Rook Module: 1 use, turns WX into a rook for 4 minutes, a rook with a slightly slower speed and attack, it has a damage of 50, he may charge as a rook, all stats are replaced with a health bar and a meter that shows how long he has as a rook,  if he were to die as a rook he would get stunned like getting knocked off a beefalo, he will drop a gear and be set at 1/3 of all stats besides health which would be at 50, If he were to run out, all stats will be fine besides his health and hunger, hunger would be 1/3 and the health would depend on how much damage he took as a rook.

Crafting: 3 hammers, 2 gold pickaxes, 2 gold axes, 9 gears, 18 nightmare fuel, 8 frazzled wires, 50 health

Ice Module: 2 uses,gives WX a slight freezing damage for a day, spider for an example, 12 hits to freeze

Crafting: 2 blue gems, 1 gear, 1 nightmare fuel, 15 health

Fire Module: 2 uses, Gives WX a insulation boost an amount of a winter hat for a day, does slow fire damage that can light enemies on fire after enough hits, spider for example, after 20 hits they start to burn

Crafting:3 red gems, 1 gear, 2 nightmare fuel, 30 health

Nightmare Module: 2 uses, Gives a draining sanity effect of -6 per 5 seconds last 3 minutes, gives the ability of the shadow club and an increased 10 damage for every weapon

Crafting: 3 purple gems, 10 nightmare fuel, 3 gears, 35 health

Now something other for the tab

A bishops head (anyone can use): 15 uses, shoots a bishops electric charge that deals 30 damage

Crafting: 5 electrical doodads, 1 gear, 3 nightmare fuel

Edible gear (anyone can use): 1 use, Improves all stats by 30 for any character last a day, only 2 can be eaten at once, so you are able to have a bonus 60+ on all stats for 1 day

Crafting: 3 mosquito sacks, 1 gear, 5 nightmare fuel, 20 health, 1 frazzled wire

(could not think of name) speed boost (anyone can use): 1 use, gives a speed boost equivalent to a walking cane to any character lasts a day, only one can be used at a time

Crafting: 6 electrical doodad, 1 gear, 5 nightmare fuel

WX comes with 1 module slot when he spawns in, when every 5 gears he gains a slot, though this only goes up to 3 slots when he hits 10 gears

SO THAT WAS MY THOUGHTS! hope you like it, don't go to hard on me with the criticisms i've never done this. What do you think? I know i can add more i just need to think (I kinda ran out of brain power sorry)

Personally I feel WX should have an Upgrade station that he can craft and place, which would cost a few gears initially, but then all future upgrades wouldn't cost any gears. Gears are fairly important for people who don't go to the ruins and I wouldn't want anyone to use up all of 'em for their own personal benefit. 

5 minutes ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

Gears are fairly important for people who don't go to the ruins and I wouldn't want anyone to use up all of 'em for their own personal benefit. 

This is mainly for people who ruins rush, and i'm thinking of a logical but balanced way to acquire gears easier than that right now for this entire idea that i have created, there will be a part 2 to this jumbled mess i made

These recipes are all really expensive for the perks they provide, and none of them are really that good, I mean, that rook recipe is atrocious, and why do they cost health? WX-78 is a robot, not some blood mage. Also, DST sticks to a general rule of no more than 3 ingredients per crafting recipe, which is why mods that use more than 4 ingredients have their item's recipe look so out of place. I do think WX-78 should be able to upgrade himself outside of just increasing stats. Turning into clockworks doesn't really make sense, the only one that could is WX-78 gaining the bishop's ranged attack, but we already have Walter for a ranged character.

Can I just talk about some of the presented perks? 100 health for 2 minutes? That's 1/4th of a day, and all you get is 100 more hp, on top of WX-78's 400. Not to mention the gear cost, if you just ate the gears on their own, you'd get more hp sanity and hunger than 1 use of the health module could ever hope to dream. I'm sorry if this came off really harsh, but a lot of the suggestions here are really underpowered.

2 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

These recipes are all really expensive for the perks they provide, and none of them are really that good, I mean, that rook recipe is atrocious, and why do they cost health? WX-78 is a robot, not some blood mage. Also, DST sticks to a general rule of no more than 3 ingredients per crafting recipe, which is why mods that use more than 4 ingredients have their item's recipe look so out of place. I do think WX-78 should be able to upgrade himself outside of just increasing stats. Turning into clockworks doesn't really make sense, the only one that could is WX-78 gaining the bishop's ranged attack, but we already have Walter for a ranged character.

Can I just talk about some of the presented perks? 100 health for 2 minutes? That's 1/4th of a day, and all you get is 100 more hp, on top of WX-78's 400. Not to mention the gear cost, if you just ate the gears on their own, you'd get more hp sanity and hunger than 1 use of the health module could ever hope to dream. I'm sorry if this came off really harsh, but a lot of the suggestions here are really underpowered.

yea i get it, I was kind of rushing a bit, I know some of these could be wayyyyy better, some things costing less. Give me a while, ill fix up some of the broken aspect to it

What if he was able to make gears much like wormwood makes living logs.  And instead of using gears to upgrade he makes the aforementioned upgrade station where he uses materials collected from all the various critters to gain different modes he can run permanently (one at a time, switching requires paying costs again).

Examples

spider bot

Cost:  5 silk, 5beefalo wool, 5 charcoal

Effect: walks on silk terrain at 1.2 speed, spiders become friendly and will protect Wx if he is attacked in their proximity, can harvest silk from T3 Nests (downgrading them to T1)

Bishop Bot

Cost: 1 purple gem, 5 moon glass, 2 electric doodads

Effect: has a hop animation (still 1x speed) can shoot eye blast 65dmg (requires to be standing still, .5 second cast time, could be held for dmg multiplier?) Other Bishops are neutral

Could also have things like pig bot, bunny bot, and even have boss modes that require a few gears and a boss item/hat to switch to.

Archived