Celestial Champion as Wendy - Keeping Abigail alive.

Just wondering, how the heck do I keep abigail alive for phase 3 of the celestial champion. I've been practicing the fight and have managed to do the first two phases without her dying but when phase 3 comes along I always find abigail either getting sniped by the lasers or the gestalt attack (even if I managed to avoid it accordingly)

I'm using her vigor mortis potion for speed, along with magiluminessence and lazy explorer for my own speed(to make her not stop moving)

Weapon of choice is dark sword, armor is thulecite crowns + night armors(with me switching to magiluminessence for dodging the first phase roll and second phase spin).

I'm also using the spicy volt goat jelly too, fighting the boss in spring. I know that info doesn't mean much though.

But yeah, just wondering, how the heck do I get past phase 3 without abigail just dying in the first few seconds? I've been trying to practice beating the boss without her dying.

I'm able to kill the 3rd phase alone with my setup, and have managed to get her to dodge the gestalt attack, but I still find she gets sniped by lasers or she gets hit by the melee when I go to kite it.

I feel like keeping her alive phase 3 would be doable, just really difficult.

9 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

It probably isn't possible to get her throughout the entire phase without her dying. I wouldn't even bother trying, because Abigail usually doesn't stand a chance to boss mobs anyway.

Abigail stands a chance against every boss mob except maybe bearger (who nobody fights) and the celestial champion.

Look, as a long time Wendy player myself, I really have to wonder if there's a real point on keeping Abigail alive at that point.

If the reason why is to keep her level-ups, it may be best to unsummon her once phase 3 arrives to prevent her getting sniped by the boss; From what you've said, it honestly sounds like either pure RNG or way more trouble than it's really worth.. 

If the point of it is to do something cinematic, I respect that and wish you luck, but otherwise I really see very little reason to have Abigail around if you're already able to defeat it alone.

There is an option for the 3rd phase: unyielding draught (simple shield) potion + weather pain.

Wendy without other damage modifiers for 3rd phase needs: 4-5 unyielding draught, 4-5 spectral cure-alls, 1.5 weather pains, 1-3 crowns (just in case, for crystals falling from the sky).

Technique:

1. Wait until greater gestalt attack, leave the area.

2. Apply unyielding draught on 600-hp Abigail and rile her up.

3. Go straight for CC, ignore falling crystals, land 4-7 hits (watch animations).

4. Switch to weather pain and cast it on Abigail (it will trigger shield and protect her, + mine crystals under CC so you will have a room to fight, + deal a little bit of damage to CC).

5. After CC's attack attack 4-5 times yourself, step a bit behind, cast weather pain again.

6. When Abigail health will be low (<200 hp), unsummon her and leave the area, apply spectral cure-all.

7. Reapply shield, summon her and rile up, bait greater gestalt attack and repat attack pattern.

8. To be extra safe on step 7 you can keep Abi in flower until you bait greater gestalt attack and only then summon and rile her up, that way you can guarantee no lazer attack greeting.

3rd phase takes 1 in-game day to defeat with that technique.

Also you don't need magi (only cane) to kite with Abi 1st phase (use vigor mortis, 1 potion is enough for both 1st and 2nd phase).

Credits for shield-weather pain technique to Guille6785, I remember I saw toadstool fight with that equipment on that channel, but can't find exact video anymore for some reason.

1 hour ago, Pig Princess said:

Also you don't need magi (only cane) to kite with Abi 1st phase (use vigor mortis, 1 potion is enough for both 1st and 2nd phase).

I always found that abi gets hit first and second phase if I don't use magi, cause she always stops after catching up, if I use magi, she doesn't catch up and therefore never stops. That's why I used Magi.

6 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I always found that abi gets hit first and second phase if I don't use magi

In the second phase - yes, since you want to run in straight line and Abi catches up, but in first phase you can safely change directions, Abi will follow you, but CC will proceed to roll in straight line. I feel like it needs to be recorded, but I'm too lazy now, so right now I can only tell that it's possible to kite consistently with only cane and vigor mortis 1st phase of CC.

Archived