Here are some quality of life features that only stand for console players and/or people whom exclusively use controllers. Feel free to add some stuff to the list if you have anything. I doubt these will be implemented anytime soon, given how console isn't there biggest priority, but it's nice to get them out in the open for people to discuss.

Tool-tips: Currently, there are always button prompts directly under you whenever you are capable of doing anything, (Chopping trees, mining etc.) and there are button prompts on your inventory. I would like to be able to disable them, just to make things more visually appealing. They're nice to have for people starting out, but I and I'm sure many others have already memorized all the buttons. (Poor Wortox with his semi-permanent "Soul hop" text underneath him whenever you have souls on you...)

Structure placement: I got this one from @HowlVoid. As of now, when placing any structure, it sticks super close to the player which makes it a bit annoying trying to finagle your way into tight placement spots. To help fix this, it could possibly make it so when you begin to place something, it allows you to maneuver the structure freely whilst you remain stationary until you chose a location. It's not perfect, but I feel it would be a bit better. If any of you have a better fix to this please share it.

Highlight priorities: This one is a bit farfetched, but i feel it should still be addressed. Different objects/enemies should have different targeting priorities. Currently, your character can interact with whatever is closest to them, which makes sense, however it is pretty finicky sometimes which can be dangerous. On many occasions I have died to Charlie because Wilson really felt like staring at that pile of niter rather than fueling the fire right in front of him, or targeting a butterfly half-way across the screen instead of the spider queen currently gnawing me to death for my mutinous transgressions. 

4 hours ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

Here are some quality of life features that only stand for console players and/or people whom exclusively use controllers. Feel free to add some stuff to the list if you have anything. I doubt these will be implemented anytime soon, given how console isn't there biggest priority, but it's nice to get them out in the open for people to discuss.

Tool-tips: Currently, there are always button prompts directly under you whenever you are capable of doing anything, (Chopping trees, mining etc.) and there are button prompts on your inventory. I would like to be able to disable them, just to make things more visually appealing. They're nice to have for people starting out, but I and I'm sure many others have already memorized all the buttons. (Poor Wortox with his semi-permanent "Soul hop" text underneath him whenever you have souls on you...)

Structure placement: I got this one from @HowlVoid. As of now, when placing any structure, it sticks super close to the player which makes it a bit annoying trying to finagle your way into tight placement spots. To help fix this, it could possibly make it so when you begin to place something, it allows you to maneuver the structure freely whilst you remain stationary until you chose a location. It's not perfect, but I feel it would be a bit better. If any of you have a better fix to this please share it.

Highlight priorities: This one is a bit farfetched, but i feel it should still be addressed. Different objects/enemies should have different targeting priorities. Currently, your character can interact with whatever is closest to them, which makes sense, however it is pretty finicky sometimes which can be dangerous. On many occasions I have died to Charlie because Wilson really felt like staring at that pile of niter rather than fueling the fire right in front of him, or targeting a butterfly half-way across the screen instead of the spider queen currently gnawing me to death for my mutinous transgressions. 

I am a console player and I agree with all of these, thank you for sharing the ideas.

5 hours ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

You're right on every points, but this one particulary makes me think to my fuelweaver fight.

In the bone cage with the weather pain, impossible to aim the minions when they're far, close to be eaten.

And when you're close to both the minions and the fuelweaver, you hit the fuelweaver instead of theses little creatures, so you are ejected by his shield, then he eat 3 or 4... Awful fight. That's why I choose to cheese this fight after few try (solo).

Your first point would be so nice. But it helps when, in your trap field, you want to take the meat, or teeths, and not the traps. But I'll disable it as soon it will be possible.

3 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

You're right on every points, but this one particulary makes me think to my fuelweaver fight.

In the bone cage with the weather pain, impossible to aim the minions when they're far, close to be eaten.

And when you're close to both the minions and the fuelweaver, you hit the fuelweaver instead of theses little creatures, so you are ejected by his shield, then he eat 3 or 4... Awful fight. That's why I choose to cheese this fight after few try (solo).

Your first point would be so nice. But it helps when, in your trap field, you want to take the meat, or teeths, and not the traps. But I'll disable it as soon it will be possible.

Someday this will be fixed, It looks like a really fun fight to, but until then, it’s cheese only for 99% of console players 

They should add the R3 feature terraria has where it gives you a free roam cursor. This would solve sooo many problems like you listed. Mainly for I want that and a “grid” features. The amount of shovels I’ve gone through trying to make my twigs and grass symmetrical :(

7 minutes ago, xDarkSoul18x said:

They should add the R3 feature terraria has where it gives you a free roam cursor. This would solve sooo many problems like you listed. Mainly for I want that and a “grid” features. The amount of shovels I’ve gone through trying to make my twigs and grass symmetrical :(

R3? How about the touchpad 

I play DST on Xbox one and console players can't approach the camera next to the character. In the next QOL, could you please let a way to we zoom in the camera?  Thank you so much. I love you guys <3

Apart from the wish that the game should run as it does on PC, and also agreeing with the points mentioned before, I just find it frustrating that the buttons for different yet similar actions are different. 

For example, if you have a fire staff equipped, pressing X sets the object close to you on fire (yes I did set my chests on fire because I wanted to store the fire staffs I just made in one of them). You cast a spell with the star caller staff with circle. You attack something with the ice staff with square. Lighting things with the lighter happens with circle. This is all inconsistent and can cause some chaos and damage in the wrong moment. You don't pick up all live animals with the same button if I recall correctly. There is one animal that has a different pick up button when it's on the ground. It's just really frustrating sometimes as so many things rely on reflexes. 

On 5/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, Gourmand said:

Don't forget aiming while casting telepoof, fishing, throwing water balloons, using the weather pain etc. Currently we're locked into a set distance and it significantly hinders our gameplay

This could be fixed with analog sensitivity
There's only one walking speed, so no matter how far you push the stick forward you still go the same speed, so they could make it so the location of the circle relies on it

17 minutes ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

This could be fixed with analog sensitivity
There's only one walking speed, so no matter how far you push the stick forward you still go the same speed, so they could make it so the location of the circle relies on it

As I have said from PS4 post "I know the updates out, but, I think having the touchpad for the length of the soul hop and cane would be great. Not directly pushing it, but by moving it like how you would with other things. I think the button for soul hopping is fine, but maybe like L3 would be nice, it would make me stop accidentally using my cane..." I think that would be a nice solution 

•  

•  

Quality of life updates please!

1. Geometric placement option/toggle

2. Wall attack toggled off/on

It always target's walls instead of the pigs I'm right next too in my farm. I have to hit y then attack and it takes so much time I don't have.

3. World gen option of classic, juicy berries or both

4. Combined status option

5. Some kind of quick switch option for cane and weapon?

I love all your suggestion 's so keep them coming! Consoles are not a priority but I wish we got some luv because we have no other options

On 5/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, Pedrohjj said:
On 5/13/2021 at 9:21 AM, GrMcGillacactus said:

This would be a huge improvement Thank you for starting this thread!

Archived