world quality detector

so uhh i want to play the game all the time and i only play on dft servers but i have 2 brain tumours

the first one makes me only want to play on fresh worlds

and the other one makes me have a heart attack while playing on worlds with

-twiggy trees

-savanna only grass + grass geckos

-juicy berries

-less than 4 walrus camps

so i want a thing that detects if

-normal or juicy berries

-twiggy trees or saplings

-savanna only grass + grass geckos or everywhere grass

-how much walrus camps are there

so uh i want that like it checks the seed and tells it or like a different thing that tells that, so i can play when people dont wanna reset on dft

If you play on pc you have mods to force setpieces like the triple walrus.

Triggy trees and grass geckos can be turned off by setting starting resources to classic.

Berry types are random as far as I know.

1 hour ago, Aartyyy said:

so uhh i want to play the game all the time and i only play on dft servers but i have 2 brain tumours

i know someone who has two brain tumors, we make fun of him for it all the time (in good fun obviously we are long time friends)

You can tweak worldgen settings for juicy berries/twiggy trees/grass gekkos on worldgen, or just get lucky and have all three original resources in a world. The odds of that occurring aren't low. The command ThePlayer.components.talker:Say(tostring(c_countprefabs("walrus_camp"))) will count how many walrus camps are in a world and return the value above the player's head, like an examination quote. You can do something similar with grass gekkos, ThePlayer.components.talker:Say(tostring(c_countprefabs("grassgekko")))

I read this title and was like, "World _quality_?  Man, that's really vague and subjective".  Anyway while I personally LIKE resource variety and welcome our adorable veggie lizard overlords, as others here have been saying worldgen settings are made for exactly the kind of thing you're talking about.  As for how to tell if worlds NOT made by you have those qualities...I guess click on each one you're interested in and look at their world settings?

...Notorious

Archived