Where is the Nightmare Throne?

Single player Dont starve didn’t have caves or Ruins.. at least not for adventures mode. 

You basically just built a portal and warped to a new location- the Throne is actually found out in something they called “The Wastelands” it’s on a map that permanently in the dark and the only way to find it... is to follow the sounds of the annoying Voxola music device-

Youll wander up on Maxwell just there sitting trapped- in what back then looked like the Mosiac/Boulder biome.

With A New Reign.. we see that the throne is clearly located underground in a cave of some sort once Charlie takes over.. 

Im guessing therefore with the advancements of technology (aka adding caves to the game) instead of just having it floating around in the middle of nowhere, that Klei wanted it to now be in a cool creepy cave.

45 minutes ago, VouMorrer said:

i see. you are saying the whole archive update was charlie retrieving the Tragic Torch?

that is a very cool theory, i liked it!

Thanks, I can be very wrong about everything but coming up with theories is one of the many things I love about DST. 

Its good to keep an open mind. I haven't completely dismissed Metheus being the queen or the queen being in Charlie. Now Im thinking that "Metheus is here" is referring to the moon being Metheus. Just gotta keep an open mind, among all the lies there lies a truth. XD

7 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Thanks, I can be very wrong about everything but coming up with theories is one of the many things I love about DST. 

Its good to keep an open mind. I haven't completely dismissed Metheus being the queen or the queen being in Charlie. Now Im thinking that "Metheus is here" is referring to the moon being Metheus. Just gotta keep an open mind, among all the lies there lies a truth. XD

haha, i agree. breaking our head trying to build up the story is the whole point of the lore right? i think it is very funny to look back and see that everything we said is absolutely wrong.

but again, regarding your theory, it kind of fits pretty well. since the torch is related to the moon power, it is reasonable to assume it was stored at an ancient moon sanctuary underground. 

also it is interesting to see Maxwell's quote for nightmare rampart from that point of view (the nightmare obelisks that spawn after you start grotto war)

Nightmare Rampart- "Charlie... what are you planning?"

A New Reign: Part 2
Charlie the shadow queen has been plotting dark new challenges for Wilson and his fellow survivors from her umbral throneroom, and she’s ready to unleash her latest creations on the world of Don’t Starve Together!

According to ANR Official Description, it is located in a place called "umbral throneroom".

44 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

According to ANR Official Description, it is located in a place called "umbral throneroom".

I think the question is moreso—where is the Throneroom?

Less 'the part of the house' and more 'the street address' if that makes sense.

8 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I think the question is moreso—where is the Throneroom?

Less 'the part of the house' and more 'the street address' if that makes sense.

well its probably in a different dimension how so the gorge worked ect ect so we won't be getting there any time soon

On 4/30/2021 at 3:15 AM, SinancoTheBest said:

So as long as Charlie doesn't feel too bold and adventurous to challenge the survivors to a survivor duel with levels of increasing difficulty, can we assume that she's safe on her throne, untouchable, watching the survivors hopefully survive for the next then endlessly?

Wilson and Maxwell were able to build a portal to bring the other character to them.  So I wouldn't say it's to far off if they could build something similar to Maxwell's door.  

Archived