Sky's Art Thread

On 7/29/2021 at 6:23 PM, SkyistheGround said:

well the thing that was gonna happen on wensday didnt due to an unfortunate series of events, so i'll still be here for 2 or so weeks

this is an au that one of my pals came up with, wx and wormwood personality swap

wormwood is a forest guardian who, after a long time of living and seeing the destruction of plant life by creatures and survivors alike, grew very bitter towards anything that wasnt a plant in fear that they'd harm his (essentially) only family. he hates the moon for creating him and giving him no guidance while leaving him all alone with plants to endlessly protect.Ā 

wx was created by wagstaff with the explicit purpose of finding and collecting data on the constant. they're very curious about everything and will take any opportunity they can to study and observe anything that might be new or different to the world that they knew. they're very careful about their research, since they want the most accurate data possible to be able to tell wagstaff allll about it later

i got very invested in the idea of wormwood being able to manipulate the vines on their body to fight things

and wanted to conceptualize how their first meeting would go! not well, clearly. wx was likely picking samples off some nearby bushes and caught the attention of wormwood with it

293142067_dontkilldontkilldo.thumb.PNG.70c3e45caf717ef412bd0f987523c624.PNG

Ā 

I am very into this WXwood swap AU.

• Like 1

ive been pretty tired and a lot of my attempts at drawing i wasnt happy with

but really just decided to loosely make something and i ended up finishing it

nobody really draws unfinished wx skin so i didĀ 

also yea. im serious about potato battery wx now

ufnfhjdhf.thumb.PNG.e1083e97e1e7295344e0dbec8c28ade0.PNG

• Like 5
  • Potato Cup 2

im doing quite a bit of collabs (and trades, but those come a bit later). conversation just came up in my friend group and we all got on board

anyways, this is a collab with an incredibly talented friend of mine. they did the lines (and came up with the magazine cover idea) and i colored

the outfit comes from my own plans. when wx gets a rework and the guest of honor skin is obtainable, i'll dress them up like this.

for someone that has never really drawn wx before.... my friend absolutely knocked it out of the park with this one

skyisgroundtrad.thumb.png.7b96fb1c2faeb386ec5df65a915baa56.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

same friend from the last drawing gave me a few sketches and was kind enough to let me clean them up

i also just now realized wormwood's body works in a spiral. his vines spiral from his gem to make a body. idk why i didnt see this until now but it makes him 100x cooler

DFHSJDJFSJDF.thumb.PNG.ea657d66adbf31b46874246778cecf76.PNG

MMMMMMMM.thumb.PNG.b5e4992986c5cf4c1fc5bab69a7ed93b.PNG

• Like 6