Sky's Art Thread

6 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

912293725_YOUHAVEACHESTER.thumb.PNG.60820f6e3b6e5fbb642de7702fefc03e.PNG

1709044669_idkthestagelookwaskindacool.thumb.PNG.87536a9fada24d56afcf4aea4ce0ba82.PNG

flowers.....thumb.PNG.cc7e2393c8c4fab352a6b9a30ba94f67.PNG

Have you thought about doing a sequel to one of these WX drawings? Any one of them could be potential for a story.

Nice cameo from the Wooly chester.

Never thought of Warly's trawler coat for dancing but now I do.

Seems complementary with Willow if you went in that direction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Have you thought about doing a sequel to one of these WX drawings? Any one of them could be potential for a story.

it'd probably have to be from one of my own. most of these loadups don't belong to me. they do give me a lot of inspiration for making my own, though...

• Like 1

I didn't know his birthday was today when I colored my Wormwood piece last night. How coincidental! 

Love the tiny detail on the growing bump. The light source direction makes it look like Wormwood is causing it but probaby unintentional. PRetty cute.

• Like 2

i got very tired last night, but i appreciate what both of you said! made my morning better 

and speaking of morning, started this early in the day but only finished it later

i dont own either of these outfits but i made them and wish i did own them

2036403805_godiwish.thumb.PNG.399b04367cf0f183f79e991f88ee0db0.PNG

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1
  • Potato Cup 1

On 6/7/2021 at 11:11 PM, minespatch said:

You should use this style for a children's book. The simplistic look is great on the eyes.

i was thinking about this quite a bit, and decided to try drawing like it again in a better headspace

the scene is from a little thing i wrote a while ago that im not confident enough to share, but it had to do with wx and wormwood because of course it would

rrrrrrrain.thumb.PNG.83ef8bc0eb03aaf729cb1d495b19c52c.PNG

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 2

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wx looks way more excited in this version. I bet Willow's jealous. :wilson_laugh:

she can only DREAM of matching these heat levels

magmatic wx is my favorite out of that entire set as well, feels the most fire-y to me despite having the darker colors (idk everyone's hair just turning saturated yellow, orange, and red feels a lot more cartoon-y then battle-ready)

• Like 1

took a little picture before on day 999 of our world

ive been wanting the blue silk robes for a while and got very excited when i got them, so we all put on silk robes

+ i doodled since i like the picture so much

738690100_silkrobes.thumb.PNG.79a7418128fd1ad566683895d082c8d6.PNG

1850098911_day999lesgoo.thumb.png.57b54817695dfb9a86538c6e419654b1.png

i havent ran around as default wormwood the entire time. this is the first day im not seen in a wormwood skin

• Like 4

wx's system overload sounds can get very loud and overwhelming. i understand why they take sanity damage

tried drawing wx different from how i usually do it with some more color practice, all wrapped up in a little headcanon of mine that system overload is actually painful for wx, mentally

systblem.thumb.PNG.8cb37c141caa0f51203a11a76ae25846.PNG

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

wx's system overload sounds can get very loud and overwhelming. i understand why they take sanity damage

I bet the gears looking like brain thoughts was unintentional. There's a tone of depression from my perspective. Especially with the intense shading.

• Like 1

throwing my own spin on my two favorite skins

beloveds.thumb.PNG.ea2e7435c0d691a283a6aec055890c20.PNG

differences (i like to ramble):

Spoiler

wormwood isnt actually that different from the original klei sprite because i think he's interesting enough on his own. i tend to draw wormwood with a lot chunkier limbs then his sprite (i personally like it, and i also think round and curvy arms make his hugs better) though trumphant is drawn with skinnier limbs in general. he's scraggly. i also like to imagine that the eye in wormwood's bloom is his actual eye, like he sees out of that, so it looks around. 

and wx is quite different, main thing being i wanted to color a fiery core inside of them because i've been getting quite fond of the recent way i've been drawing them. coils going the whole way down just make them look more springy and flexible, good for fighting. i also end up drawing wx with thicker limbs then they really have cus if i just did sticks with the rest of how i tend to draw these characters... they would not look stable

• Like 3

we needed a lot of wood and i was one of the only people on at the time

but luckily we're in the moon storm event so all the nights are enlightenment nights

which meant i could cut stuff down at night without much consequence

still.... had to imagine what wormwood must've felt

1137152975_ihadtocutSOMANYTREES.png.e669e1feaaf334314704bd945d668363.png

• Like 4