Spools and points.

10 hours ago, Resul said:

Bro İ just bought wormwood and I immedieatly regret it. I hope they will release more spool codes to buy new dlc character

codes arent the only ways to get spools. you can get them from unraveling any skins you have. Which is much faster than waiting for codes

17 hours ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

Our precious plant boi has been disgraced. For what reason have you regretted the decision?

Its hard to sustain hp. Only way is composting wrap and honey drug but they are consume too much time to get. Even longer than making dragon fruit pie

3 minutes ago, Maximum124 said:

Honey poultice? I should also meantion his compost wrap is pretty okay, its mainly the nitre that ends up being an issue- at least for me after awhile

Yknow collecting 5 manure, 2 rot and nitre is requires plesnty of time. even longer than the boss fight itself. I never felt such bored in this game

1 minute ago, Notecja said:

wormwood can move 20% faster without walking cane. You could try to avoid damage.

I do but eventually you get hit during fight and need some regen. Wormwood is better if you are high level player or you are sustaining your team

1 minute ago, Resul said:

Yknow collecting 5 manure, 2 rot and nitre is requires plesnty of time. even longer than the boss fight itself. I never felt such bored in this game

I mean you'll wanna collect that stuff for the other nice things they can make anyway, compost wraps are just a neat heal over time item for wormwood and probably not great for fights anyway due to the animation. you usually want to have things like poultice or salve.

Seems like you just dont just mesh well with the character, sorry you spent your spools on him :wilson_resigned:

Just now, Maximum124 said:

I mean you'll wanna collect that stuff for the other nice things they can make anyway, compost wraps are just a neat heal over time item for wormwood and probably not great for fights anyway due to the animation. you usually want to have things like poultice or salve.

Seems like you just dont just mesh well with the character, sorry you spent your spools on him :wilson_resigned:

Yes. I tried to get 8 bee boxes and built base in the swamp but collecting reeds are taking too long if you dont have reed set piece and also there is very limitem amount of politice you can make because of long time of growing reeds. Or I can get a beefalo to avoid self damage and heal my buddy with food. But then there is no point of bramble armor and living log perks

1 hour ago, Resul said:

I do but eventually you get hit during fight and need some regen. Wormwood is better if you are high level player or you are sustaining your team

You will enjoy it eventually. Is a great character but can be a resource sink if the player doesnt have enough experience kitting. Just keep on it, dont give up!

12 hours ago, Resul said:

Its hard to sustain hp. Only way is composting wrap and honey drug but they are consume too much time to get. Even longer than making dragon fruit pie

Hello! Wormwood has an easy time healing but you need to know how to do so. A lot of people don't realize how important the bat bat is for Wormwood. I might even make a guide because I hear a lot of people having difficulty, when his only down side is how long it takes him to kill bosses. This a rough beginner guide on how to manage your first year.

1. First thing you'll want to look for is spider dens and collect every seed you find.They have the bulk of what you'll need on your journey. Spider glands are your starting healing items but I don't bother making salves or farming them. Save up all the monster meat and get enough silk for- A tent, a fishing pole, and a top hat.

2. You'll need these items before you go ruins exploring- a hambat plus enough for 2 more, football helmets, 2 wooden armors or 1 marble suit, 3 basilisk wings, 3-5 rotting fish, a lantern, 1 moggles, pre fab-tent, pre fab prestihattinator, monster meat. It will take practice but you'll be able to find everything within 5 to 6 days, 7 if bad rng.

3. Apply the first rotten fish as soon as you can (apply them again once you revert to tier 2 but always have 2 left) and look for the ruins and identify any bunny hutches along the way but don't hammer them. Once in the ruins tank a bishops and craft a shadow manipulator + bat bat before your wings spoil. Use your bat bat to create living longs or the tent if the wings spoiled (dont craft the manipulator in this case). Dont forget to build a darksword to know the recipe. 

4. In the ruins get at least 5 thelucite crowns, a magiluminecent, 1 star caller, 1 deconstruction staff (optional to make extra furnaces), 5 thelucite clubs and all the purple gems you can find (optional 4 red gems for 2 more furnaces). Bananas are useful so don't ignore them if you get hungry.

5. Use a spoiled fish to leave the ruins and look for dragonfly. You'll need about 30 seeds for the fight. Use the crowns+ blooming+ magi+ clubs+ bat bat+1 darksword to kill it. Look for a base spot and go back for the bunny hutches. Place two hutches at a sinkhole to auto farm your pierogi stick. 

6. Use the bat bat on nightmares to collect living logs + nightmare fuel. To feed yourself through winter collect carrots as you find a base spot and feed them to a bird. Plant seeds until you have 48 carrots seeds and carrots+ furnace, Winter will be a breeze. You'll want to remember where you abandoned your fishing pole. You don't have to but it will help to not have to manually pet all of the carrots. You only need to bloom once AND "pet" them all to guarantee a seed. Also start farming silk for beekeper hats and eat monster meat if you didn't collect enough carrot seeds.

7. Once Winter arrives you can kill beequeen on day 30, the day deerclops spawns. Use deerclops to get her down to phase 2 and then kite her using magi. A Starcaller staff allows killing beequeen in winter or wait until spring if you dont have at least 5 thelucite crows/beekeeper crowns, 5 marble suits, enough darskwords and carrot seeds for sanity when you use the bat bat.

Or/and

Kill klaus. I may place a furnace in key places to save uses on my starcaller. The deconstruction staff lets you get multiple scales from scaled flooring.

8. Once spring arrives use your accumulated darkswords (need about 5), a stack of carrot seeds, 5-6 beekeeper hats, 5 marble suits, a magi, 1 bat bat to kill bee queen. The strat is easy but time consuming to get her to phase 2 where things get easier. You'll need 2 lureplants but 1 works if you're patient. Kite her through the eyeplants so the eyeplants force the grumbles to lag behind. The eyeplants will help get her to phase 2 quickly. Discard the lureplant during phase 2 and use the hit and run method.

9. Once summer arrives use the bundling wrap to get all the bunny hutches from bellow ground. Before building them though turn them into seeds. You'll double you carrot supply. Then you'll have easy healing with some jellybeans by farming beequeen with bunny hutches starting year 2.

12 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Hello! Wormwood has an easy time healing but you need to know how to do so. A lot of people don't realize how important the bat bat is for Wormwood. I might even make a guide because I hear a lot of people having difficulty, when his only down side is how long it takes him to kill bosses. This a rough beginner guide on how to manage your first year.

1. First thing you'll want to look for is spider dens and collect every seed you find.They have the bulk of what you'll need on your journey. Spider glands are your starting healing items but I don't bother making salves or farming them. Save up all the monster meat and get enough silk for- A tent, a fishing pole, and a top hat.

2. You'll need these items before you go ruins exploring- a hambat plus enough for 2 more, football helmets, 2 wooden armors or 1 marble suit, 3 basilisk wings, 3-5 rotting fish, a lantern, 1 moggles, pre fab-tent, pre fab prestihattinator, monster meat. It will take practice but you'll be able to find everything within 5 to 6 days, 7 if bad rng.

3. Apply the first rotten fish as soon as you can (apply them again once you revert to tier 2 but always have 2 left) and look for the ruins and identify any bunny hutches along the way but don't hammer them. Once in the ruins tank a bishops and craft a shadow manipulator + bat bat before your wings spoil. Use your bat bat to create living longs or the tent if the wings spoiled (dont craft the manipulator in this case). Dont forget to build a darksword to know the recipe. 

4. In the ruins get at least 5 thelucite crowns, a magiluminecent, 1 star caller, 1 deconstruction staff (optional to make extra furnaces), 5 thelucite clubs and all the purple gems you can find (optional 4 red gems for 2 more furnaces). Bananas are useful so don't ignore them if you get hungry.

5. Use a spoiled fish to leave the ruins and look for dragonfly. You'll need about 30 seeds for the fight. Use the crowns+ blooming+ magi+ clubs+ bat bat+1 darksword to kill it. Look for a base spot and go back for the bunny hutches. Place two hutches at a sinkhole to auto farm your pierogi stick. 

6. Use the bat bat on nightmares to collect living logs + nightmare fuel. To feed yourself through winter collect carrots as you find a base spot and feed them to a bird. Plant seeds until you have 48 carrots seeds and carrots+ furnace, Winter will be a breeze. You'll want to remember where you abandoned your fishing pole. You don't have to but it will help to not have to manually pet all of the carrots. You only need to bloom once AND "pet" them all to guarantee a seed. Also start farming silk for beekeper hats and eat monster meat if you didn't collect enough carrot seeds.

7. Once Winter arrives you can kill beequeen on day 30, the day deerclops spawns. Use deerclops to get her down to phase 2 and then kite her using magi. A Starcaller staff allows killing beequeen in winter or wait until spring if you dont have at least 5 thelucite crows/beekeeper crowns, 5 marble suits, enough darskwords and carrot seeds for sanity when you use the bat bat.

Or/and

Kill klaus. I may place a furnace in key places to save uses on my starcaller. The deconstruction staff lets you get multiple scales from scaled flooring.

8. Once spring arrives use your accumulated darkswords (need about 5), a stack of carrot seeds, 5-6 beekeeper hats, 5 marble suits, a magi, 1 bat bat to kill bee queen. The strat is easy but time consuming to get her to phase 2 where things get easier. You'll need 2 lureplants but 1 works if you're patient. Kite her through the eyeplants so the eyeplants force the grumbles to lag behind. The eyeplants will help get her to phase 2 quickly. Discard the lureplant during phase 2 and use the hit and run method.

9. Once summer arrives use the bundling wrap to get all the bunny hutches from bellow ground. Before building them though turn them into seeds. You'll double you carrot supply. Then you'll have easy healing with some jellybeans by farming beequeen with bunny hutches starting year 2.

Thats the my problem. It requires too much effort to have a decen boss fightcompare other characters but almost gives nothing special. Sustaining purple gems is the another story

4 minutes ago, Resul said:

Thats the my problem. It requires too much effort to have a decen boss fightcompare other characters but almost gives nothing special. Sustaining purple gems is the another story

Every character needs a certain level of prep. The amount of prep you need is also dependent on a players skill level. You can fight dragonfly with just a hambat, blooming, football helmet, and a bat bat. You can get the starting two purple gems just from graves.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:26 PM, HowlVoid said:

Every character needs a certain level of prep. The amount of prep you need is also dependent on a players skill level. You can fight dragonfly with just a hambat, blooming, football helmet, and a bat bat. You can get the starting two purple gems just from graves.

I have another question. Why helmetse and marble suit instead of just marble suits? their protection doesnt stack but they use same  durabilitiy

1 minute ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

Why?
I understand that the game won't let you get to 100% damage protection, obviously, but they should still add up to a certain amount of protection

If you wear marble and helmet at the same time they bot take half damage btw. and yeah that succs

1 hour ago, Resul said:

If you wear marble and helmet at the same time they bot take half damage btw. and yeah that succs

For things like dragonfly you don't really need both if blooming alone lets you kite reliably. However if you are having problems kiting or are facing bee queen having a helmets/beekeeper hat on top of the marble suit will help extend the life of the marble suit. 

The reason why you want to extend the life of the marble suit is because the bat bat is not a good weapon (which is why you need a hambat) so you wanna make sure you don't swing it too often and lose dps or lose more sanity than you have to.

An attack from dragonfly with just a pig helmet will have you take 20 damage. That is 2 swings from a bat bat.

An attack with a helmet + suit will mean you take 3.75 damage so that is half a swing from the bat bat. Plus your marble suit will split some of the durability damage with the football helmet.

What's nice is that Wormwood can still kite with a suit and walking cane since blooming cancels out the speed penalty.

Once you get really good at kiting the Dragon just use a magi and save the suits for beequeen.

If you took a trip to the ruins a thelucite crown should be enough.

Archived