Release date estimate?

We have mid-april.

The DLC has most of the features ready. I'would expect updates that include:

1. Plant Mutations
  2. Temporal Tear
  3. Advanced Cooking with Radbolts (aka Popcorn)
  4. World Traits
  5. More Starting Worlds
  6. Some QoL
  7. Some Balance
  8. Some Bugfixes

Not sure if KLEI plans something we are not aware, not sure how many updates we can expect for balance and QoL (the more the better), but I would estimate we will see around 10 more updates in the EA. That would mean 30 weeks from 22.04 (the next update) - that would estimate release date for around November, maybe December, but I wouldn't mind 2022 if KLEI needs that much time to be awesome.

Of course some of the items from my list can be released in one update, so it can be sooner than that. That makes my estimate: sometime between now and end of the year, maybe 2022

6 hours ago, pether said:

That makes my estimate: sometime between now and end of the year, maybe 2022

I would make that not before mid of 2021 but may take until Q1/Q2 2020.

It depends at what point they decide to pack more stuff into a 2nd DLC. If they just polish what is there, we may see a release in a few months. But it will likely take another 6 months to get the polish the base-game has had on release.

28 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I would make that not before mid of 2021 but may take until Q1/Q2 2020.

Well, as I said I wouldn't mind release around early 2022, but early 2020 would be great as well, many people on lock down would welcome it happily ;)

4 minutes ago, pether said:

Well, as I said I wouldn't mind release around early 2022, but early 2020 would be great as well, many people on lock down would welcome it happily ;)

Yea early 2020 would be awesome, my DeLorean will be waiting

Archived