Radioactive Plants and Critters

How to rise from the ashes of a nuclear fallout

What would be good ideas for plants and critters that interact with radiation and related features?

Something like a Puft that feeds on fallout would be cool, or maybe plants that need radbolts? 

I`d like a plant that gets irrigated by nuclear waste. It could be inspired by the tiberium plants from old C&C games. It could produce some uranium ore out of it. Maybe it could interact with beetas in some way (maybe a bee and flower sort of way).

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I`d like a plant that gets irrigated by nuclear waste. It could be inspired by the tiberium plants from old C&C games. It could produce some uranium ore out of it. Maybe it could interact with beetas in some way (maybe a bee and flower sort of way).

Maybe the plant could be named...

image.png.65ea890d8128367395378744edfe142e.png  Diberium Crystal(z)

It sucks radiation up...and at some point the plant emits a laser beam in to a random direction, shortly heating up a hit surface. So a kind of radiation powered heating plant.

image.png.76324f5066badb8276bbb9977c580960.png  Diberium Crystal Plant - Laser heat emission beam

C&C Theme :beguiled:

5 hours ago, babba said:

the plant emits a laser beam

Radbolt emitting plant.

10 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Maybe it could interact with beetas in some way (maybe a bee and flower sort of way)

A flowering plant creating some kind of Uranium ore nectar that can be refined by Beetas would be cool way to make it renewable.

Have it require Beetas to get seeds like with pips and arbor trees.

16 hours ago, babba said:

Maybe the plant could be named...

image.png.65ea890d8128367395378744edfe142e.png  Diberium Crystal(z)

I meant likethe plant spawning tiberium from before C&C3, when it appeared less of a crystal. (i can`t find a proper imeage of it atm) It would look alien enough for ONI.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.oe6zoDNsfA-rrmrgkVGUFgHaG8%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Found this as tiberium mutated plants. never played the game but according to the wiki it's a crystal but it mutates organisms. so you're probably thinking about either this plant or another mutated plant.

1 hour ago, Ranah said:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.oe6zoDNsfA-rrmrgkVGUFgHaG8%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Found this as tiberium mutated plants. never played the game but according to the wiki it's a crystal but it mutates organisms. so you're probably thinking about either this plant or another mutated plant.

Actually i meant the thing that appeared in game. Originally tiberium appeared more as a radioactive moss or something but after C&C3 it transformed into a crystal. I`m not 100% sure what`s the lore on it. But in game you had those tiberium spawners that appeared like a tall brown plant sort of thing (hard to tell in those graphics). It cound`t be harvested and continously spawned extra tiberium around itself. I`m not sure if that picture is actually the new version of it.

I just felt something similar would work for ONI.

Seafood gives rad resistance. Pacu morph egg chances depend on their environment. Therefore: Rad-bellied pacu - emits radiation, drops uranium instead of polluted dirt, corpse is covered in radioactive contaminants.

One of the most common radioactive contaminants is an isotope of potassium. Bananas have lots of it. "Green" banana tree - grows like arbor tree (it's just branches that are harvested), irrigated with nuclear waste, harvesting it causes contamination but removes the radioactive peel (the fruit itself can be safe).

Shielded drecko - grows lead scales, but only in 20+ rad environment. Eats bananas and sleet wheat.

Cancer - irradiated pokeshell with shorter body. Shorter lifespan than pokeshells, so breeds faster, but grooming it causes the dupe to become contaminated.

Archived