Can we talk about the fact that Wes exhales helium?

I think it's just cartoon logic, because of how a floating balloon on a string is the immediate image that comes to mind when you try to think of a balloon. A lot of things in DS/T are like this, like how the bird cage is a round cage that no bird would actually feel safe in, or the scale-o-matic is a regular fish bowl that no fish would be able to properly live in, or how the feather pencil has a big feather on it whenever it has absolutely no purpose. A lot of things are based on the immediate image that comes to mind when you think of that thing, so that it's instantly recognizable and you understand its purpose without much explanation.

I don't think it's secret Wes lore or anything.

5 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I think it's just cartoon logic, because of how a floating balloon on a string is the immediate image that comes to mind when you try to think of a balloon. A lot of things in DS/T are like this, like how the bird cage is a round cage that no bird would actually feel safe in, or the scale-o-matic is a regular fish bowl that no fish would be able to properly live in, or how the feather pencil has a big feather on it whenever it has absolutely no purpose. A lot of things are based on the immediate image that comes to mind when you think of that thing, so that it's instantly recognizable and you understand its purpose without much explanation.

I don't think it's secret Wes lore or anything.

Everything happens in the Constant stays in the Constant... and vice versa

I was half serious, but then again the magic of the Constant makes certains things possible, like an old granny reading books to kidnap babies, or a chef serving you soup made from your own bones after you're revived by some dude's shaved beard. Wes, however, can make balloons float with his own breath even before ending up in the Constant. So maybe he's born with it. Maybe it's pantomime.

36 minutes ago, Caochu said:

Wouldn't exhaling very hot air also do the trick ? Genuine question, I didn't really pay attention in physics class

If so, maybe is Wes truly the D E V I L

that opens a whole other can of worms - just how hot Wes' internal temperature is to exhale air hot enough to lift a doll off the ground?

After years of research about Wes's balloon, i come to a conclusion that it not wes exhale helium or hydrogen, but 
The pile of balloon material have the same density as air.

That why no matter the size, the balloon always stay in exact height, never go up or go down.
If Wes exhale helium, if the balloon size just get bigger by little bit, balloon will go up until it reach space.
That mean the balloon density is exactly the same as air, which mean his balloon material have the same density as air.

Archived