Alternative grass source and Summer difficulty

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

in my experience the temperature is low i dont know how much

about the rain, is true that is less strong than in the surface but there is no flowers and pigs in the caves and i doubt that you can stay dry with just an straw hat

even if not it will be such a small amount that unless you are WX it shouldnt affect you, you can also put pigs in the caves (same with flowers)

On 3/31/2021 at 5:26 AM, Cheggf said:

You want the game balance to be adjusted because you like intentionally starting in the hardest season and don't like that that makes the game harder? Summer doesn't happen until you've been playing for nearly 8 hours, of course it's hard.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:09 PM, Parusoid said:

So first you creating the issues for yourself then complain how hard it is? It is like saying "If i stay on main land there is no way for me to get salt" 

Nice assumptions, none of which are true. I can survive summer start just fine. New players can't and it can ruin the game for them when they just wanted to play in a working server with good connection and meet new people. The trick with summer is to get to caves as soon as possible usually, but when you first play the game you don't even know there is such a thing as caves. Everyone hates summer as is anyway and there is little reason to stay on surface during it.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:26 AM, Cheggf said:

What? The pretty parasol has twice as much overheating protection as the straw hat.

Does it? Doesn't matter, straw hat takes more effort to get in summer and you can't hold a whirly fan together with a parasol, which in early game for summer is incredibly useful.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:32 AM, Tranoze said:

Tbh, spring is 10 times harder to start than summer.
Rain in early spring basically set temperature back to winter.
It also drain sanity.
Additional Frog rain.
Fire last less because of rain.

For summer all you need is to go down a cave and all problem got solved.

spring is defos not harder. i purposely choose spring for it's convenience with extra mushroom growth and early-game hound protection courtesy of bees, beefalo and frogs(and woo free meat for the cost of a trap)

7 minutes ago, gaymime said:

spring is defos not harder. i purposely choose spring for it's convenience with extra mushroom growth and early-game hound protection courtesy of bees, beefalo and frogs(and woo free meat for the cost of a trap)

Oh my start might different from your start cuz i only play on public world where start season always autumn, so when i join in early spring, it basically winter + rain. A fresh new world have world setting to be spring would be much much more easier (less rain, no negative temperature, plenty of grass and twig (a public world in spring wont have grass or twig because previous season is winter.)).

29 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

Oh my start might different from your start cuz i only play on public world where start season always autumn, so when i join in early spring, it basically winter + rain. A fresh new world have world setting to be spring would be much much more easier (less rain, no negative temperature, plenty of grass and twig (a public world in spring wont have grass or twig because previous season is winter.)).

aside from the first two days it is about the same in a pub as a private on the way rain affects you and i've joined a fair few pubs in spring XD as soon as even one person gets a firepit going it evens out

5 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

Nice assumptions, none of which are true.

And then you immediately go on to say it's completely true because you're describing people starting in the hardest season.

People die when they join severs in seasons that they don't know how to handle. Shocker. They'll still die whether there's more grass sources or not because as you admit they don't know to go into the caves. That is the reason they're dying. The caves has grass sources already in it. This suggestion would do absolutely nothing to help new players survive summer because their issue isn't finding grass, their issue is overheating. Even if by some miracle they survive long enough to find the savannah with whatever grassy trees are and even if they get that grass, then what? They die with some grass in their pockets?

4 minutes ago, gaymime said:

aside from the first two days it is about the same in a pub as a private on the way rain affects you and i've joined a fair few pubs in spring XD as soon as even one person gets a firepit going it evens out

there a thing called "world moisture", basically it build up and cause rain when it high enough. When you start a fresh new world, no matter the season, the moisture remain low so you wont get rain on the early. In an old world it become different story, moist got build up during winter and it start to rain like hell in spring.
Also other people picked all grass nearby in winter so you wont get any new grass unless you explore far enough in public.

To me, summer is easier because you could hide in cave and grass and twigs are plenty there, which is enough to do anything include ruin rush. Cant do that in early spring.

1 minute ago, Tranoze said:

there a thing called "world moisture", basically it build up and cause rain when it high enough. When you start a fresh new world, no matter the season, the moisture remain low so you wont get rain on the early. In an old world it become different story, moist got build up during winter and it start to rain like hell in spring.
Also other people picked all grass nearby in winter so you wont get any new grass unless you explore far enough in public.

-blinks- i don't think you understood me at all x''D i'm not saying i only join in the first couple days of a world, usually the worlds i join are +40(and often +500 since i like dedicated worlds). i just like to join in spring because there are a lot of advantages to it that the other seasons just do not offer. it is a bounteous season

Just now, gaymime said:

-blinks- i don't think you understood me at all x''D i'm not saying i only join in the first couple days of a world, usually the worlds i join are +40(and often +500 since i like dedicated worlds). i just like to join in spring because there are a lot of advantages to it that the other seasons just do not offer. it is a bounteous season

Maybe because our first goal when join in are different also. I like to ruin rush no matter the season, so for spring, i need to prepare both thermal and rain protection, while summer is a good season to ruin rush. Winter only need thermal.

1 minute ago, Tranoze said:

Maybe because our first goal when join in are different also. I like to ruin rush no matter the season, so for spring, i need to prepare both thermal and rain protection, while summer is a good season to ruin rush. Winter only need thermal.

that does change things. i like to feed myself and get my machines going so i can make a boat

Archived