How come you can't roll back or kick players if there are 2/3 people on the server?

Is this a joke?

We were 2 in a server, been playing since Day 1. It's day 30, one troll comes in, burns everything and we can't neither kick him nor roll back.

Why? Why would you EVER not allow 2 players to rollback if they both agree? Why not let the majority kick the troll neither?

How come they cared more about removing Warbucks for being "problematic" but they don't care about trolls and griefers?

17 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

Was this a Klei Default server or was it hosted by someone else?

If it wasn't a Klei server chances are that the owner didn't enable visitors to do kicks or rollbacks.

It was Klei's and anyone can do rollbacks so long as they have a few days in game. The whole "you can't roll back or kick unless there is more people" is on every sever unless one of the people playing is an admin so they can do it without voting.

14 minutes ago, RenTheCat said:

It was Klei's and anyone can do rollbacks so long as they have a few days in game. The whole "you can't roll back or kick unless there is more people" is on every sever unless one of the people playing is an admin so they can do it without voting.

It's very possible that this was implemented due to the possibility of 2 players holding a server hostage for as long as they please.

Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect system, as your case shows the flaw. However, it's a lot better than the alternative.

8 hours ago, Starlogy said:

It's very possible that this was implemented due to the possibility of 2 players holding a server hostage for as long as they please.

Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect system, as your case shows the flaw. However, it's a lot better than the alternative.

I don't see the relevance of that example. If 2 people are adamant on "keeping a server hostage", a 3rd coming and I persume asking for regen vote will result in.. nothing. More so as fresh-out-of-gate players can't even start a vote for 20 days. If you mean 2 people would kick-vote newly spawned players, it doesn't really matter either: except Autumn, vast majority of newcomers will proverbially kick the bucket anyway in a manner of in-game-days or even play-minutes. And will leave on their own accord. Even if they ghost-around, any experienced player will deal easily with Insanity mechanic rolled-in by such event (Survival pubs). Only way to "take back a hostage server" from a duo is for 3 new competent players to come, play 20 days and then start a vote - at which point I believe they played over 2h for nothing, just a waste of time on their behalf.

A 2vs1 vote should indeed pass as kick. I have witnessed as well many instances like OP's example.

13 hours ago, RenTheCat said:

Is this a joke?

We were 2 in a server, been playing since Day 1. It's day 30, one troll comes in, burns everything and we can't neither kick him nor roll back.

Why? Why would you EVER not allow 2 players to rollback if they both agree? Why not let the majority kick the troll neither?

How come they cared more about removing Warbucks for being "problematic" but they don't care about trolls and griefers?

so that way a dude and his friend cant join and be like "lmao lets ******* reset this guys progress by regenerating the world"

2 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

so that way a dude and his friend cant join and be like "lmao lets ******* reset this guys progress by regenerating the world"

You can't do those actions unless you have been in the world for a considerable amount of time.

Sincerely,

Cactus

1 minute ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Not entirely positive. Playing on "Dedicated Servers" for PS4 are a waste of time, so I don't have experience to know. So in total? I have no idea. 

(Also, quick response!)

Sincerely,

Cactus

that still wouldn't necessarily stop it

(I have the klei tab open so i hear when I get a reply)

Just now, JustCrimson said:

that still wouldn't necessarily stop it

(I have the klei tab open so i hear when I get a reply)

Sure, maybe not to an extent, but this guy is still having an issue. Something needs to be done. Not sure how, but..... somehow...

Welp. I have class. You have a joyous day!

Sincerely,

Cactus

1 minute ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Sure, maybe not to an extent, but this guy is still having an issue. Something needs to be done. Not sure how, but..... somehow...

Welp. I have class. You have a joyous day!

Sincerely,

Cactus

not really, its not that big of an issue. if he wants to regenerate the world he can play on a different server because im sure there is always atleast one with nobody on it and sometimes the "solution" to an issue would create more issues

21 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

total?

20 days. If you are new on any type of server with TAB options, you can't start a vote for anything for 20 days, you don't have the option active. OP isn't talking about this, but the reverse. This 20-days limit was put in place exactly because of those particular types of griefing situations when 3 friends or 1 player with 2 bots were joining servers only to restart them for "$hits & giggles" - back in 2017 this was such an issue KLei decided to implement the 20-days mark because of massive complains at that time (3 groups of trolls were doing such actions for a couple of days in a row, enough that a lot of players went on DST Steam Forums and here, on KLei's site, to underline mentioned problem - me included, that's when I joined and for what primary purpose, to inquire about griefing and KLei stance on it, solutions, whatnot; "happy" times).

I always imagine the Suspicious Players / Griefers as walking natural disasters, [Meaning in-game disasters, like Giant attacks or Earthquakes.] protecting my base from them by placing it away, or collecting my valuables while they are around; If they manage to burn or steal something, I take that as part of the game. Problem solved? lol

The only kind of griefers [effective enough to care about] are the ones blocking the portals and killing players at Klei servers [that can cripple that server], which should be banned from the game if repeated 2 times.

[PS. This post replies to third paragraph of the original thread.]

welp the griefer is cancer. 
DST on 4th stage of cancer. 

play in KLei's dedicated and regenerate like 10 times a day.
or just bunch of so called DST veteran that play in KLei dedicated and monopoly all starting resource (i remember when i first play dst they took all gears, making base at cave take all pig houses) . they hate new players but dont want to teach them how to play properly. lol. even tho they just a bunch of kid with OP client mod . 
blocking entrance dig and returf so no resource near entrance .

dont wanna join anymore to those kind of server but still want play with people? 
hosted public but server hidden cus ping not shown .

so solo ? DS is more tempting solo. 

new QoL Beta update protect the new player on server that already long run surviving day. not from griefer that just want to ruin people game in a minute they enter the world .

Dont Fight Together's server have really cool bot to detect all their server action so they can ban griefer from their server like forever.
too bad they didnt make server in my region. 

image.thumb.png.902084d28e46a917a80ac7ec677107d5.png

i hope they dont mind i take this screenshoot tho .

i feel ur pain, author of this thread just waste 4 hours in game to survive 30 days to griefer .

Archived