Should i roll a new map or should i wait for more worldgen fixes/additions?

Entirely up to you :p

I am waiting for these things: Crash fixes, Regolith, World Generation, Rocket Automation/Interior Improvements, Big Maps.

Have not been in a dlc rocket and have not yet launched a dlc rocket yet, stopped playing due to too many crashes and game freezes on the latest test branch ( was playing Swamp with a simple colony 1st & 2nd Biome for 150 cycles with 50 dupes ). Switched back to the stable version and will wait a few months.

46 minutes ago, melquiades said:

I was hoping someone knew what was coming xD, I like to commit to my colonies, and stay for a long time. These few months have been all temporary/test colonies and i want to go full ham on building a big colony now.

I`m fully with you on this - I`m soooooo starved to build a proper long term colony. I considered toying around with the promising reactor stuff, but for me the game is too unstable and too much content is still missing.

Yeah, I wanted to ask the same but you were faster.

Of course it is EA and we must assume everything can change next day. This is the charm of the EA. nevertheless, it would be nice if during update releases somebody from KLEI would say something like for example:

• We are planning to modify worldgen in the future, please keep it in mind while starting new games
  • At this moment we have no plans to change the worldgen, but nothing is set is stone

I don't want them to have tied hands with promises not to modify the worldgen, nor I want to play police who ensures nobody breaks their promises, but it would be nice to have vague understanding what is planned for the game and if we should wait with starting new games

3 minutes ago, pether said:

it would be nice to have vague understanding what is planned

"As the major feature for this update, we've ported over a variety of the engines and storage modules from the base game to the new rocketry system, which will allow a wider range of rockets to be constructed, and access to more space destinations! The cluster destinations and materials are next on our list so watch for those improvements in the following updates. (And of course, there's all-new content in the works too!)"
update 449549

"And finally, on these moonlets you're bound to find new sources of supermaterial components (or supermaterials themselves if you’re lucky!). While we still have some work remaining before all base game content is available in the cluster system, this takes us one big step closer to completing that goal!

And with that it seems we've caught up with the edge of space, which means it's time to turn our attention back inward and see what we can discover on the planetoids of the cluster…. Hm, what's that glowing green stuff…? "
update 452242

Too vague..? I read it as they are mostly done with planetoid worldgen, not that there will not be more changes in worldgen in general until EA is over but it's mostly finished.

IMHO world generation ( and possible player configuration) should change a lot - The new starter worlds are visible in the menu but can not be selected. For me the geysers and 3 tile wide volcanoes in the starter worlds seem hammered in a quick rush. But we will see...If Klei would not spend much more work on the world generation, then my bad dlc steam rating will remain unchanged forever.

People are still complaining that the base game and the dlc are two different games. Hopefully everyone will be happy at the end of the year as Klei implements more base game content in to the dlc. Touch wood :p

49 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

...I read it as they are mostly done with planetoid worldgen, not that there will not be more changes in worldgen in general until EA is over but it's mostly finished.

I`m currently waiting for the testing branch to go live before i start a new base. The live branch doesn`t have uranium iirc (just radium) and in the testing one there might still be large changes so i prefer to wait until it`s stabile and less buggy.

I think they might still add some planetoid worldgen like the temporal tear or a small regolith moonlet in the future. Also some of the current planetoids might change (imo they should get rid of the magma biome on the oil planetoid).

3 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

(imo they should get rid of the magma biome on the oil planetoid).

Magma biome on the oil planetoid is for swamp start only which I assume is for a more complicated playthrough. If you terra start, the magma biome is on terra and the oil planetoid has a nice 50c barren biome below the oil biome. 

1 hour ago, greywizard said:

Magma biome on the oil planetoid is for swamp start only which I assume is for a more complicated playthrough. If you terra start, the magma biome is on terra and the oil planetoid has a nice 50c barren biome below the oil biome. 

Oh awesome. I hadn't noticed that but I always liked to start on the swamp because it was different than the biomes I was used to starting in in the base game. Thanks for the info.

as it stands would stay in stable build till they work the mutants out of radioactivity since ya it still very buggy till when ever they get around to a hot fix this week unless you want to take chances a reactor will blowup and make you need to ether load before or need a new seed mind you this depends on if they have added so radioactivity has a half life

as is dupes eat rad pills like they are candy unless there is a setting to limit that

Archived