Lets talk about jerky

Your Opinion helps  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you agree??

• Yes!
    • No

I suggest other way to storage food without depend the bundles.

Jerky should be the only exeption to be stored in salt box.

Remember that jerky is made by its duration to be stored for a long time.

Now jerky takes 20d to spoil if it will be in the salt box, it takes 80days (too much), but If jerky takes 15days to spoil, it will be 60days in the salt box (long enough);

lets be reazonable, that meat will be eaten before.

On 2/26/2021 at 11:36 AM, Well-met said:

No. 

jerky with an additional x4 slower spoil would be insane. It would last like a full year.

Salt box is for ingredients only, including the very meat used to make jerky.

That´s why the jerky exists

Quick Information: From my understanding, in reality, for you to actually make jerky, you would need to put salt onto the meat and afterwards leave into the sun, the process would quicker dry the meat making last longer, and in addition it would gain a salty flavor.

I don’t think the change of Jerky being able to stay into the salt box would change much, as the salt box is to just amplify the spoil time of unprocessed ingredient. If you really need to amplify the spoil time of Jerky, killing the Bee-Queen and crafting bundling wraps should fulfill that desire in my opinion, its easier to get the bundling wraps then salt boxes, but that is just because I haven’t sailed that much.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:24 AM, GelatinousCube said:

Nah jerky is already so good as is, Ice cream on the other hand really needs a buff now that we have jelly salad.

Ice cream shouldn't lose freshness when in an Icebox.

I agree that Ice Cream should be buffed, it’s much easier to get meaty leaf, then to kill charged Volt Goats and get their milk, the idea of Ice Cream not losing it’s freshness in a Icebox sounds much more plausible and viable then Jerky stored into the salt box.

4 minutes ago, Lemoncello said:

its easier to get the bundling wraps then salt boxes, but that is just because I haven’t sailed that much.

bee queen is no joke if people fight her as intended.

apparently that doesn't happen much anymore does it?

just exploit after exploit lol

I prefer to stay away from chessy exploits, I believe you should at least fight the boss once as intended before trying to cheese them, it becomes much more fun. However, killing the boss legitimately every single time you require their loot is time consuming, and for a game in where you need to grind items, and resources, it should be a good idea to use some boos exploits.

27 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

we have but having meat lasting forever in a cheap way is unbalanced

But get the salt box is hard enough. And unlike the bundles won´t be forever just a year approximately, you will eat that meat before

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

getting salt is literally just mining and killing 100hp mobs

I’m still trying to work with sailing in DST, I also mostly play in the PS4 and the movement and controls are much more harder to convey then PC, it could also be my procrastination, but ehh.

Archived