Possible QoL for console (Part 2)

Mj-

Hello all..

We all might know that there is QoL update coming next month, and it's now on Bate for PC. There might be something for console, but we do not know for sure.

I was looking for our old topic, but it was buried deep down, so I would like to revive this, so maybe the dev's would like to hear from us again for what would we like to see in the March QoL update or maybe the next one. :)

Here is my old thought;

- Quick Drop -

This is not a new thing for us, back in the Don't Starve, you can drop a single item by pressing R2 then select what item you want and press down on the D-Pad. Now you will drop the whole stack instead! 

We have to ways to drop full stack now! by pressing down directly or by the old way! It would be amazing if we have the old way back to DST!

The funny thing is, PC got this on 2020 from us, they used to use the controller to quick drop! let's hope this will be added to the console too!

- Chat -

I would love to be able to see the old chat log when I'm playing... Sometimes when you are fighting or between the up-world and cave, you will most certainly be missing what are your friends/randoms saying! So it would be really nice if we can at least preview the last 3-5 missing messages.

- Hide HUD -

This might be a personal QoL for me, but after playing this game for a long time, I really wish to be able to hide the interface. Sometimes I like to take a screenshot of my base, but the HUD, especially the one that tells me what the X,O and triangle do! What if I stood still without moving for like 10-15 seconds, the game will hide all HUD?

- Geometric Placement -

Doesn't need to be elaborate, but the amount of how many destroyed Chest and Farms I did just because they are a little bit off or how many Pig-Rabbit houses hammered! the time that been wasted just to calm my OCD :[

i really want an improvement in the way that we have to fight mobs, i mean is really difficult to target one specific enemy in some of the important fights, for example with fuelweaver i am forced to always bring  weatherpains cuz always target the fuelweaver and no the minions. another example of this is that the baby tentacles always are in the way and never let me target the big tentacle. someone knows how should i do about it? 

They should make it so we can adjust the length of the telepoofing on the lazy explorer on console cause when i fight fuel sometimes when i telepoof out of the bonecage it telepoofs me out of the arena and i have to end up restarting

21 hours ago, Erik Chaires said:

i really want an improvement in the way that we have to fight mobs, i mean is really difficult to target one specific enemy in some of the important fights, for example with fuelweaver i am forced to always bring  weatherpains cuz always target the fuelweaver and no the minions. another example of this is that the baby tentacles always are in the way and never let me target the big tentacle. someone knows how should i do about it? 

They actually made a lock on feature awhile back. Press in on your right joystick (R3) to lock it to the mob you want. Press it again to change locked target. 

2 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

They actually made a lock on feature awhile back. Press in on your right joystick (R3) to lock it to the mob you want. Press it again to change locked target. 

I like the lock on feature but it needs to be updated for sure. Circle to cancel locking on is just awful considering circle is also mapped for using stuff like Weather Pain and Telelocator Staff. I was recently acquiring and teleporting Suspicious Statues (mooncaller event) to certain spots in my base and it was a nightmare targeting the pigs then actually staying locked on and teleporting them away with a wall of statues between me and the pigs as the game just kept unlocking from my target instead of teleporting the selected target. It needs to be changed to like triangle or some button that isn't constantly used for other purposes that you may want to use WHILE locked on to a target.

Can you make it so that if you happen to die while holding a fire staff and you rush to go pick up all your stuff before another player can steal it away from you that the “Pick up button” does not cause you to set all your stuff on fire with the staff??

Cause yeah that would be great.

Also: I highly highly HIGHLY doubt we will be getting the same features PC version will, I would LOVE to have “tons” options for stuff like Shadow Monsters- but I’m pretty sure we’re gonna be stuck at Default or Less & not much else.

It sucks that my consoles can’t handle the game properly, I feel like I’m playing a watered down version of the game I’m SUPPOSED to be playing- but it is what it is.. and Hopefully with PS5/Xbox Series they can Re-instate many of those features our Ps4s/Xbox One’s weren’t able to handle

However sadly the one thing I wanted most from this update: (Archipelago world Gen setting) Was not part of this QoL, maybe it will be part of that 2nd QoL (they said we should expect two this year..) I also would absolutely love an option to host worlds that are locked to permanent full moon (like how you can host permanent Day/Dawn/ or Night)

fingers crossed!

Switch X and O to pick up and rearm traps, or just be able to reassign keys

Put a lower priority on pets, my butterfly eats all my food instead of the crockpot

Find a solution for the teleportation of wortox and cane

Why not a higher priority / key combination / option to attack aggressive mobs as a priority rather than neutral / passive mobs. To no longer hit bunnymen in middle of spiders

An option to turn off branch trees, I just don't use it, I play in split screen and I don't think it helps for long term lag 

I tottaly agree with everything u want....

Us beeing able to change cameras would be nice too....

There is plenty of things we can have for a QOL update...

I posted few days ago that consoles need some love... We dont have the support of the comunity (MODS) because some restrictions from PS and MS, so,  we need this love from KLEI... :-)

Bethesda has some MODS on both consoles...just saying....lol

The first things I would want is probably a targeting priority system, please put walls and chester on very low priority, farming werepigs or generally anything near walls is an absolute pain.

Teleporting/souls hop/various spell casts rework to be able to use them further than right near the character. 

Better controls and control changing options, for example on console you cannot interrupt the moonstone event, while on pc it's a viable vanilla way to farm moonrock without using your star caller.

12 hours ago, Rodd-Hunter said:

I tottaly agree with everything u want....

Us beeing able to change cameras would be nice too....

There is plenty of things we can have for a QOL update...

I posted few days ago that consoles need some love... We dont have the support of the comunity (MODS) because some restrictions from PS and MS, so,  we need this love from KLEI... :-)

Bethesda has some MODS on both consoles...just saying....lol

Don't quite understand mods not being in PS games more often. Just finished playing the latest farm simulator and it has mods on PS!

I have some ideas...

Maybe they can change L1/LB and R1/RB into hold Keys... 

Those both Keys just to rotate the map is a waste... 

Put some moves like Force Attack, Drop a Single item of the stack into L1+ /\

L1+O  L1 + X etc etc... 

On 3/1/2021 at 8:09 AM, Rodd-Hunter said:

I have some ideas...

Maybe they can change L1/LB and R1/RB into hold Keys... 

Those both Keys just to rotate the map is a waste... 

Put some moves like Force Attack, Drop a Single item of the stack into L1+ /\

L1+O  L1 + X etc etc... 

I really like this idea of key combinations.  I think it can really allow us more actions

Really looking forward to QoL update, this will extend the life of the game by being able to change certain elements.

I turned off rain as a noob but now have a 4000 day world that is missing volt goats and the only way to get them back is with rain, I mean it's not like the horns deserve a drop somewhere like tumbleweed?? Or presents during winters feast???  Comon Klei!

And I haven't had anybody to play with for a long time, maybe a future fix to the lazy deserter for solo players? I'd really like to be able to use some expensive to craft item that will bring me to the closest one to shorten some trips. Please. Or at least hopefully I can turn off Antlion while playing solo.

One last thing, we need more crafts for items like steel wool, tusks, gears. hound teeth, and many more items that pile up and eventually get fed the the lureplants.

I’m just hoping that all of this will be taken into consideration by the devs, I'm sure it will benefit a lot of people despite the PS4 community being not very active on the forum. 
can't wait to see the next update :) 

I know the updates out, but, I think having the touchpad for the length of the soul hop and cane would be great. Not directly pushing it, but by moving it like how you would with other things. I think the button for soul hopping is fine, but maybe like L3 would be nice, it would make me stop accidentally using my cane...

Recently an update to the pc version drastically reduced loading times between shards(loading from caves to surface and back). That would be an amazing addition for console as well, as it can take a very long time sometimes. Is it in the works for console as well? 

Archived