Can mushrooms be added to world regrowth?

Ohan

If im not mistaken they're not part of world regrowth atm. i never dig mushroom spawners up but Bearger always manages to destroy a couple in my worlds :( would be nice if they regrew after a while if their spawners are destroyed. 

On 2/24/2021 at 10:25 PM, gaymime said:

this would be a boon in pubs where people will straight up dig half the deciduous up for a solo rush

I agree. We do have the Mushroom Planters, but with things like these and not having any spare mushroom to plant, it can be a big problem.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:51 PM, Lawlenne said:

I agree. We do have the Mushroom Planters, but with things like these and not having any spare mushroom to plant, it can be a big problem.

U can Plant the spores of the MushTrees in the cave... 

But i agree that would be Nice to have Mushroom to regrowth

I really REALLY don’t think Every little thing needs a Re-Growth option, it will personally kill the game for me to become too simplistic- like having everything handed to you on a silver plate.

As I’ve said before there really should be different modes, ones with regrowth.. and ones Without it.

Because are we forgetting that this is the same game where: should a player die- it’ll cost a living player 40% of their own health to revive them, & should several players die... a stacked sanity drain penalty is applied to the remaining living players per dead ghost player.

Please- Lets not Over Simplify & Casualize a game series that is otherwise: supposed to be pretty difficult.

And if we ARE Going to do that- do it in its own mode.. but please provide Options to players who want “Proper world care & resource management” to play a large factor into how long their worlds continue to exist- the option to do so, I’m not a fan of having entire mobs go completely extinct & then being able to spawn more by going on a simple hunt.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I really REALLY don’t think Every little thing needs a Re-Growth option, it will personally kill the game for me to become too simplistic- like having everything handed to you on a silver plate.

As I’ve said before there really should be different modes, ones with regrowth.. and ones Without it.

Because are we forgetting that this is the same game where: should a player die- it’ll cost a living player 40% of their own health to revive them, & should several players die... a stacked sanity drain penalty is applied to the remaining living players per dead ghost player.

Please- Lets not Over Simplify & Casualize a game series that is otherwise: supposed to be pretty difficult.

And if we ARE Going to do that- do it in its own mode.. but please provide Options to players who want “Proper world care & resource management” to play a large factor into how long their worlds continue to exist- the option to do so, I’m not a fan of having entire mobs go completely extinct & then being able to spawn more by going on a simple hunt.

You can just turn off any sort of regrowth if  you want to,  more options are always good as you can simply avoid or turn them off. The game can be as hard or easy as you want.

The only mob you can bring back via hunts are goats and it has to be raining, spring and the hunt needs to end in the correct biome it's really not that easy to do, it took me several springs to create two herds in my long term world. Also goats can go extinct without player interaction via hound mounds or other hostile mobs.

None of the new options in the upcoming update seem to me like they will over simplify the game just make it even more customisable and alive. 

Also the game isn't really that hard and we've been getting new ways to survive for quite some time now. Food has become more and more varied and easy to gather, farm and manage if you know what your doing, there are more and more ways to gather various resources (New biome providing moon glass, thulecite etc, anemone goat trap farms now making goat farming extremely easy and productive, QOL improvements making time management easier and easier eg: picking up items on beefalo back) and people are always coming up with new farms or ways to beat bosses via cheese or strategy. 

For sure there are a couple of small areas where I agree that things may be a little too easy (eating raw veggies providing more stats than crockpot meals) or could be harder but overall all the upcoming changes, especially given that they are also completely optional, are so great for the game and are only going to provide so much more diversity and replayability for DST.

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I really REALLY don’t think Every little thing needs a Re-Growth option

It can be added in a way that takes hundred of days. Isnt fun to run out of something and be forced to delete a world.  Some players have fun with long term worlds and others are tired of the easy early game just weather and hounds survival so start making long term worlds and things like extinted goats, catcoons, burned reeds, etc makes you having lack of content.

One thing is to need to be carefully and other is punishing until you delete the world because you arent able to craft something that doesnt affect your survival

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Lets not Over Simplify & Casualize a game series that is otherwise: supposed to be pretty difficult.

Character reworks with no downsides are making the game casual not having regrowth mechanics so pls, be coherent

On 2/28/2021 at 11:49 AM, RoddHunter said:

U can Plant the spores of the MushTrees in the cave... 

But i agree that would be Nice to have Mushroom to regrowth

um, exactly where and how? as far as i have seen and experienced only mushplanters can grow spores

If I recall correctly, Mushtrees regrow in their respective season. I remember almost entirely clearing out the red cap forest, and a few trees spawned there next summer. Not sure about small mushrooms though, haven't counted the remaining ones after that.

Archived